Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

neoĽkeo Brendan's new book -- concepts and textures updated 7/12

I stand here are proof that we should all be using the image attachment tags. the sketchbook that I started back on June 24th 2004 is largely dead since the webserver account I had been using since way before then is now defunct and there was no way I was going to try to fix several hundred [img] url's.

SO: here is a new beginning with a few new images to get things started.
    Last edited by bwkeough; July 12th, 2007 at 12:17 PM.
    bee-dubya-keo
    neoĽkeo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah baby first of many
    First Guy- My fav. by far, if I were to change anything it would be to put more of that red you've got into some of the chest or head region,
    more of a preference. Also i'm not sure what the final FINAL purpose of these are so i'm not sure how much you need lining up with each
    other.

Second guy- also very cool, but from about his armpits to the knees it makes a very big rectangle, which would be pretty hard to rig up
    etc etc.~*

Third guy- I can't wait to see what you do with this

Last dudes- They def. serve their purpose, but feel kinda bland to me, i dunno how much you can spice it up or how accurate they need to
    be so this is probably just a personal thing too.

Ohh, and I hope your cool w/ me in EMGSBSG

Joel~*
    ____i_should_be_animating___________
    Sartell's Distraction sketchbook

Nothing touches an artist as much as the person who says, ôI would like to own this little piece of your soulů here's some cash.ö Matt Cavotta

ž East Meets West SBSG ž

Thanks
    Excellent Smithers!...I'll be keeping my eye on you.
    LOL!
    Great stuff B. I'll give crit and more comment later. Just
    dropping the subscription in here. Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 469 Posts
    nice start on a new SB dude!

gonna follow this one for sure!
    cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÍRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Great stuff, B. With the orthos, you may want to drop some horizontals in on another layer as guidelines when you're working these. There's some inconsistencies with the lengths of things that I imagine would have a modeller spinning. The first guy is a great example of that-- he seems to line up in his torso, but as you hit his waist and below everything changes between the two views. Also, on the faceplates on the first two figures, I couldn't read the dimensionality you have in the side view from the front view. While I realize that's part of the point of the multiple views, the rendering/lighting on the front view should indicate some of the recession of forms that is there.

Enough with the nitpicks. The designs on these are awesome. I can see a lot of the studies really paying off in your style. I particularly love the one unfinished robot thing. I'd love to see you take that pencil sketch and color it up. There's so many great textures and influences in that one...

Thanks
    wurd!
    now i have to update my siggy to get peeps here instead of the olde one.
    good start, m8!
    cheers!
    d
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    joel the roman guys are for the 0 A.D.
    RTS project I've been contributing to for awhile now. they ARE dull, but I'm mostly just providing info to the texture guys (all of the helmet and weapon props are done) and it'll just be a 512 body texture file on a low-poly model. There's no sense going nutty with the details because they will just take them as a suggestion since they would just barely show in-game. the costumes and equipment are very strictly directed since it's meant to be historically accurate. There are regular arguments that such-and-such helmet design or tunic color wasn't common at that time in that region.
    I'll post screen shots of these Roman guys once they're public.

some background on the robots: I'm putting them together with the idea that I'll be modelling and texturing them next (but not rigging and animations cause I know nothing about that!!). I'm working as if the three of them are for a multiplayer action game, think of most FPS co-op game styles, but with an emphasis on melee, kinda like Rune. These guys are robots that I'm basing on ancient warriors:

Fenris is a viking-ish robot. balanced stats, will have a kite shield, longsword, 3 throwing axes

Augustus is centurion-ish. heavyweight, slow, strong. large scutum shield, short gladius, 1 javelin. if he can't bend at the waist, that's ok. strong emphasis on co-op since they can do a covered shield-wall formation if enough of them get together.

Genghis is mongol-ish. high speed lightweight with 12 arrows and a sabre.

Ideally, when you log in, you would be automatically assigned to a team and offered a choice of available roles to play. the hosting server would choose how many slots per team would be Fenris, Augustus, Genghis.

Since so many job postings are not entry-level, I figure my best shot is to show work that would slide right into the production stream.

ben thanks for the crits, did some work tonight slicing and dicing Fenris to get things lined up. that's what I get for working on consecutive sketchbook pages instead of on one sheet with grid lines!

mike, hurri, dave thanks guys!

Ok, here's some work on Genghis (I'll show more of the other two once they progress a bit further towards a finished state) Oh, and before you say anything, Ben, I already noticed that the torso of the side view needs to be adjusted!!!:
    bee-dubya-keo
    neoĽkeo sketchbook

Thanks
    LOVE it that violet really hits up the image well~* Ohh and thanx for the explanations, i knew you were doin it for wildfire's stuff
    but I wasn't sure how they were being implemented (and if its how you say, you may already be doing too much detail ) I got this
    great rigging script if you ever wanna see what it would look animated (or to at least check the deformations on some stuff, thats
    apparently a huge problem if it looks messed up when the arms are touching their side~* Keep it up.
    ____i_should_be_animating___________
    Sartell's Distraction sketchbook

Nothing touches an artist as much as the person who says, ôI would like to own this little piece of your soulů here's some cash.ö Matt Cavotta

ž East Meets West SBSG ž

Thanks
    -interesting characters & wariors are here... keep more posting,.... GOODLUCK.....
    Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Thanks
    Unfortunately I have nothing usefull to say.

But I have to say something...

Great stuff. I like that last one the best. The way you worked the spine and ribcage into the robot is cool.

Now I'm off again. Keep posting.

Later

Q-C

Thanks
    Sweet start Brendan. So are you going to finish these orthos or leave them in a rough 'unpolished' state?
    -Mike V

Thanks
    Cool work! Sorry i never caught your old sketch book but i'll definatly be watching this one. BTW- love the robot designs and your painting style. Would be neat to see how you go about it! Cheers!
    ...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Goddam B...the Ghengis reminds me of an arcade game back in the day...it was robot football...the qb's and refs had that same uniball as ghengis...too funny...how great minds think alike.

The only crit i have is the green bot...here you started with complimentary
    bases for each bot, my query why not (red) for this one? Don't get me wrong...i see some hints here and there, but it looks more like an analogous palette. Wondering if that was intentional.
    Otherwise..great work as always.
    Cheers!

Thanks
    I'm slowly polishing up those ortho's, should get a lot done on them in the next two weeks or so.

here's some sketchbook pages to tide you over:
    bee-dubya-keo
    neoĽkeo sketchbook

Thanks
    Starting with a clean slate, eh? Well it's a hell of a good start. I really like your first armor-bot, but feel like the thin neck contradicts the bulk of the rest of him. If he was trimmed down some more to look quicker/more lithe I think it would have a nice effect. And "ghengis" is looking good... reminds me of another roller-bot in Morrowind.
    "Baby, you make me wish I had three hands!"

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast