Hi Everyone, I usually post more in the painting section, but I now work for a company looking for a lead 3D character artist. The newly born company is located in Austin Texas. If you want more details, go to SPACETIME STUDIOS
Please send your enquiries not to me but at:
jobs@spacetimestudios.com

Here is the job's description

Main Responsibilities
Manage the character creation team and pipeline. Work closely with the Art Director, Visual Director, and Animation Lead to address all character pipeline needs.

Requirements
Work closely with the Art Director and Visual Director to establish the aesthetic, technical, and production standards for character art on the project.
Makes a significant direct contribution to the creation of character art.
Leads by example. Demonstrates, communicates and exemplifies clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication and professionalism to the team.
Oversees the work of a team of Character Artists on a daily basis, effectively communicating art direction, as well as delivering constructive feedback to work in progress.
Partner closely with the Art Director, Lead Technical artist and Lead Animator to deliver an efficient and stable art pipeline.
Manages, mentors and coaches staff, including writing and delivering annual one-on-one performance evaluations to all direct reports.
Recognizes and develops talent on the team.
Tool design for character pipeline.
Hiring a team of character artists (with Art Director)

Preferences
A reel demonstrating outstanding 3d modeling, texturing skills.
Experience with 3ds Max and zbrush strongly preferred.
Ability to create and follow a stylized look, while relying on a strong foundation and understanding of anatomy.
Five years as character lead preferred.
Strong knowledge of character rigging / weighting.
Prior experience leading a team of artists is strongly preferred.
A significant contribution as a character artist on at least two games strongly preferred.
Demonstrated ability to supervise the work of a creative team.
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Ability to prioritize one’s own tasks and tasks of others.
Outstanding coaching and motivational skills
Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
Demonstrated ability to mentor less experienced artists.