Art: Big Dump (college junk & more)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Big Dump (college junk & more)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Big Dump (college junk & more)

Hello again folks,

I was fortunate enough to stumble upon CA over a year ago and have been lurking around ever since. Not only was I amazed at the sheer quality of work that comes out of this site, but also the sheer quantity of exceptionally talented artists.

Even though I have been to this site off and on since my discovery of it's existence, it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I actually got the balls to finally join up and start posting things here. To be certain, I haven't been CA's best member by any means, but I've been trying to become more and more active in participating with this amazing community.

Anyway, long story slightly shorter, I just graduated from my community college with an animation major and I'm still trying to figure out what to do next. So, rather then just jumping into something, I thought I'd start off by asking a bunch of professionals for their opinion. I've been into art since I was just a wee little one and my ultimate goal is to become a computer game artist to some degree. Most of the stuff I've posted here was done for college over the course of last year. The stuff after the Bush Puppet was done over the summer after graduation. I know it's not that great, but I would really appreciate some input and if you folks know of a college that would be good for me, I'd really appreciate that input.

So, enough chit-chat, please take a look at my work and tell me if you have any notions where I might go from here (I've really come to respect the input from this place.)

Cheers,

P.S

I apologize for reposting some of my work. I simply wanted everyone to see it in context with the rest of my stuff. If you have any problems with this, please register your complaints in the survey box:

Attached Images Attached Images                                
    Last edited by quasinaut; October 7th, 2006 at 02:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow really love that last one of the wizard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work. Some very nice concepts. What you need to make those concepts shine is more hardcore training in the basics. College level anatomy, color theory and painting classes, life drawing classes, etc. will give you the tools to match your vision. If you can't afford college, hit the library and get out every instruction book you can find, and draw draw draw from life.

You have talent. Now you gotta get the tools.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your politcal concepts rock my socks. I'm inspired.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your fantasy and lotr works, that throned canine is great too. Nathan has a great point too. You have to seek inside of you how hard you want to work and train yourself to progress. It seems your not stuck by all means, but change can occur swiftly if you want it too.

I'm really contradicting myself as I'm a lazy fool, but, I love your stuff so far and you should seek more technical training. Or, find a job to start out and support a lifestyle to perfect your skills in your own time.

SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    grumbledook Thanks, I was going to be a part of an Ireland art show from a class trip earlier this summer and I realized that I needed something besides demonic monsters. For some reason, people don't see Ireland in them, donít know why...Anyway, hence the Wizard...

Physiokinetic Thanks, had to do that for a fantasy Time magazine cover...had some fun with that one...

NathenLong & Matsign Thanks, you both have a very good point. At some point - probably from browsing CA so much - I realized that I have a lot of things I need to improve artistically. One of my big problems is my looseness anatomy and drawing in general. It occurred to me that I don't sketch much, so I've been trying to do that more in an effort to loosen up. Anyway, this is the main reason I'm still thinking about going to a four-year college. I was hoping that you folks might have some suggestions for places I could benefit from the most.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang,

Well, thanks for the comments, folks; I was hoping to get a few more then four, but oh well, I suppose I'm on my own here. Back to the drawing board I guess...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff, keep up the practice. You have much more patience than I do.
    Would be nice to see some of the LOTR stuff at the start of the pic tidied up a bit more and developed further.

Sorry I cannot help with the college stuff - am just a beginner myself.

Pixeldust

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for the comment Pixle Dust.

I'm trying to keep this thread alive because I'm hoping there's at least one person with a suggestion or two for a good art/video game design college to go to. I donno, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

In the mean-time, here's some artwork for a poster I just created... It's a student organization called "Creative Instinct."

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that last one (the gandalf) is the beezneeeez, man.
    All the other stuff is good as well. although in some cases with the monsters, you get a little carried away with details and things get really busy, it's hard to find a focal point.

Last edited by Lalilulelo; October 14th, 2006 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great LOTR ones, very well done, i agree with Lalilulelo(did i spell that right? ;P) about getting carried away putting in details. The one with the troll holding people i couldnt see exactly what was going on for a while.
    great video game designs. When drawing goblins etc be careful not to draw too much armor/weapons, it really messes up the piccy, you haven't done it yet but many people do

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like what I see. You are on the verge of overworking some of the sketches but they still look great. Art shouldn' be funny I always thought, but the survey box, that's good. Most of the work seems very busy, but in a positive way, it gives activeness and motion to many of them, keep drawing I look forward to seeing more! And the Gandalf, well it's good that it's at the bottom, otherwise I wouldn't have been impressed with anything else. (sweet multi-media hand)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lalilulelo, Guidera and Halifax. Thank you all for your kind words. I'm very much inclined to agree with you about my overworking the details. Until very recently, I think I thought that the details made the drawing-turns out they're just a good way to hide imperfections.

I tend to be a slightly obsessive person, so it's all too easy for me to get carried away with my designs. I'm glad to hear what you folks are saying to me because it's giving me an idea of what I need to focus on. My next goal is to start up a sketch book on this place so I can learn to be more loose with my art.

Thanks for stopping by!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.