Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hi, some more pics of "harry" - roommates didn't recognize him, so i dont know what to do, pretty happy with em
    Do not, ever, under any circumstances, not have fun.

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I see you drawing circles and lines before you sketch but i have no idea what they're for. They are supposed to map out the skull and jaw so that you can accurately measure proportions and imitate a 3d form. Your sketches have no skulls so they can't look like Harrison because he has a skull. It would be better to be thinking of skulls and not put down any preliminary lines than to put down lines that have no meaning or purpose.

Keep putting in the foot work but put in a little more thinking while you do it

(top line is eyebrows, middle is nose. These are proportions from Ron Lemen's tutorial: http://www.anticz.com/heads.htm)

Thanks
    damn... don't you hate it when they look terrible after thinking the may be allright while drawing them? =\

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    That head on the graph paper is a mabilion times better. Try to really analyze and simplify the planes of the head.

Thanks
    Great updatesmanship you've got going on.

That cat-ape in the rain/shadow is quite awesome, I must say. It pops immediately, which is fun to do with lots of black.

Keep it up with the facial/head studies, too; the improvement is steady - so keep doing them!
    And that scratchy-ish line work in the last post - particularly on the graph paper - I enjoy where that's going.

Like I said - keep it up! And draw more figures, too - do 4-5 a day, more if you can (I need to take my own advice, methinks).
    oh, here's my sketchbook.

Also, my website. It would get beat up in a fight.

Thanks
    maaaan my arm is going to be huge with the hour sof drawing every day hehe, most of it is for class and doesn't make sense so im not posting it. but here is some form stuff the tank and the ipod and water jug sheets are from class work. rest is just sketching. no harrison fords or figures yet today ill do some before i go to bed i hope, im real tired haha

had 5 hour drawing class then worked out then drew then went to our studio spaces and helped finish setting up then came home and drew. yeesh!
    luckily i have an hour of class tomorrow and im out for the weekend, heel yeeeaaahh!!!!

later - i may update again but dont count on it =\

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Rhinos are awesome. The dude in pen is looking much better than your previous work. Cool tank but did you use reference? The proportions on it don't really look like a tank. Keep rocking.

Thanks
    thanks - im falling in love with these pens
    the tank was from my dome - i was in the middle of class practicing ellipses lol, its pretty bad.

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Alex Baer is offline Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive
    Thanks
    your figures show improvement throughout this SB and its good that you keep practicing, it will help you get rid of the stiffness of some of the poses, definately take advantage of the weekly life drawing sessions at MassArt. keep at it.
    My Sketchbook

Soldiers/Mercenaries SB

"Ooh! Now that's good work! The skulls... the bodies... you give it all such a glow! I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"

Thanks
    yeah.....

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Good stuff, oh yes

The first 3 images of post 112 are my favorite; especially that one male body, and the whatever-the-hell-it-is just below the rhinos; it's good that it's convincing, even when I don't know what it is

I enjoy these last updates, too; I'd say play with the values in your hatching even more, add more medium tones and all that jazz.
    That guy on the right just above has an awesome eye socket.
    oh, here's my sketchbook.

Also, my website. It would get beat up in a fight.

Thanks
    I see skulls! Awesome. Play with the light side vs the shadow side more - make sure that the light is clearly defined (and if it's not because you're using photos... well thats one of the reasons why I don't like using photos.) The guy on the right there is awesome - i can really see the dimensions of his face. The one on the left is less clearly defined with value and it looks like his cheek is pushing an inch into his face when he's really just smirking. (or grimacing or whatever it should be called). Anyway... awesome progress, I can really tell you're learning and expirimenting!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Keep up the drawing, I can see progress! The more you draw the more you see. The more you see the better your perception of the world around you. Thing become easier (at least in art).

Do those foot studies! Cheers!

Thanks
    I can see that your progress through out your post and believe me your heading in the right direction. Form is a definitely important thing to lock down in your art but first if you don't mind me saying that you should first worry about your construction. Your sketches will become freaking amazing if you were to first master your line quality, Have confidence and let those lines flow through the silhouette. To much of one thing can't be good. Man, I'm telling you, If you could make one line tell the story of a hundred, your well on your way to greatness, I struggled with that too, and still do. Then once you got that lock that down worry about form and Proportion, so on and so forth. Thanks for your feedback on my stuff, I really need to engage in the story element.

Thanks
    just some random doodles. finished off another pen =\ i mean i like these things but they have no life at all! gotta work on my photoshop painting, as you can see its really no good. i want to learn how to do grayscale paintings better.

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast