Sketchbook: jdeegz * - Now with a paper backing! * - - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: jdeegz * - Now with a paper backing! * -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude!

I want to see th last one finished. Now!
    Is it going to be a dome with a city inside of it? Or an artificial habitat? Or a gigantic planet rising over the horizon?

It's a good start, in any case; keep addin' them layers.
    Oh, and perhaps the brushes on the moon/dome could enhance their spherical natures even more; there are a couple strokes that are flattening them out a bit.

Oh yeah, and thanks for pointing out that type-o in my comic

oh, here's my sketchbook.

Also, my website. It would get beat up in a fight.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's exactly what i need, some person to say get this shit done now. or by tomorrow or what ever. I work way better under pressure ;x

here is a pic of Harrison Ford - found it online but I'm pretty sure its from temple of doom (my favorite one )

it blows, but i am going to keep working on it because i can't disgrace my favorite actor with a shitty portrait! I'll get it eventually lol

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Do not, ever, under any circumstances, not have fun.

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Had to bring your sb back from the dead! Those mountains with the moon rock, would love to see that finished. Um. Yeah. Start posting again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooooooooooooooooooooookay
    seriously, i want to start updating again, lol, someone please keep nagging me. it works.

here is Doomchamp Prowling - reworked.
    and an update to the Harrison Ford pic i never posted, i should finish him, though he needs ALOT of work, his entire face is the wrong shape =\

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres what i've been up to other than the doomchamp pic (which i love it is my desktop pic haha)

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All right! Doomchamp is sweet. If i were you i'd scrap the harrison ford study, do a bunch of quick studies of him from different angles / with different expressions, and then do a new paint of him. I like the pink flowers against black - i think that would look great if you blended the pink so that the flowers looked soft. (obviously in a different copy because it looks great as is) Improvement! Keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Out with the old, shit show that is my sketchbook. On with the new kick ass drawings and renderings. I'm going to be doing a lot of "draw what you see" stuff because I need to build up my "visual vocabulary" as an industrial designer! So i got some new ideas, new way to get my pieces into the computer - using my roommates scanner (sweet!) - and a new attitude about drawing!

So here I ripped the first one from NoShadow, who rocks, check him out here if you havn't already. http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63786

The other two are concepts for helmets that soldiers may be using in 10-20 years, still in the works but they are almost done. I am planning to design an entire suit including clothes, weapons, armor, and information devices. The way I am doing this is making everything practical, no Halo or Gears of War type armor because it's bulky and have numerous limitations. I am taking account to all of the things that are harmful to a soldier like gas weapons (which will be the primary weapon in a few years because it is so effective), bullets (duh), and various other things. This should be fun!

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to agree with Fishspawn,
    that would be the BEST way to go about it, but, if you don't want to do that just re-doing the project from scratch and being sure you use guidelines along with what you have already learned should tie it together.
    Lets see what you can do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeegz View Post
    Some of my figure drawings from earlier in the week.

nice drawings
    thanks for showing us

-----------------------------------------------------
    Art Site
    http://www.fruit-art.co.uk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude thanks for dropping by by den. HeHe im flattered you used my work as reference. I like where your going with intent of drawing from life it will only make you a stronger artist! good luck, ttyl.

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, i did numerous Harrison Ford sketches like you guys suggested, they are pretty bad, but not aweful haha, still fun to do they were in pencil and im having trouble scanning them in. I may just go over them in pen and try to make corrections, the 2nd look sort of thing.

Here are the lillies updated and a face...

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man i thought i posted after the helmets. Anyway they are looking good. I think you could go even simpler and more beautiful with the flowers. I dont think they need that much black (they didn't have it before...) and i think the transition from white to pink could be better. Face is looking good but he has no top/back of his head. Well he does but its really tiny. Can't wait to see those harrison ford sketches!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    k, so i sorta got the scanner thing workin, not sure. so im workin on gettin all my stuff on the comp. i've been drawing like 8 pages a day haha. i got nothin else to do and i want to rule!
    so here are pen sketches, just cuase i gotta get used to it fro ID.
    i drew girls.. i never knew what they were before lastnight. theyre pretty!

so in this batch is an idea for my moon planet thingy that i painted a while back, cuase that picture stinks. dunno what you guys like it for! maybe you'r just sayin it to make me actually do somthing, haha. thanks

2nd one is a guy, i want him to be leaning on a tree, gotta keep working on the weight, i cant seem to get the anatomy right, i might have one of my roommates pose for a second hehe.

the last few are pictures of girls i found online, bodies are allright, but the heads were terrible, so i stared drawing them and the shoulders. i found that less is more when it comes to faces and pens. i think the outline of a face is the hardest thing for me, they always look man-ish.

k ill try scanning the harrison ford pics now, later!

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    k forgot these two marines i drew, they were fun. and here are the harrison ford pic, not bad, they were all pretty quick, i think i forgot how to take my time and render lol.

sorry for all of this art, i can't help it, its fun

hope you don't OD, haha

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man I think you're really starting to capture Harrison's crazy facial expressions - keep doing those studies! For girls i'd reccomend staying away from online photos like that - you want to learn how to draw real girls. Usually the best reference (although of course i reccomend drawing from life) is in artistic anatomy books or on photography sites like pro.corbis.com. Faces are tough - just do tons of them. You're right that "less is more" - i read a study that attractiveness was largely based on smoothness of the skin, so you want to subtly hint at things when trying to draw good looking people. However, you should probably not worry about that at this point and just focus on drawing in the structure underneath and all that good junk. Bah i'm in a rant mood this morning, gotta go draw!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, some more pics of "harry" - roommates didn't recognize him, so i dont know what to do, pretty happy with em

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see you drawing circles and lines before you sketch but i have no idea what they're for. They are supposed to map out the skull and jaw so that you can accurately measure proportions and imitate a 3d form. Your sketches have no skulls so they can't look like Harrison because he has a skull. It would be better to be thinking of skulls and not put down any preliminary lines than to put down lines that have no meaning or purpose.

Keep putting in the foot work but put in a little more thinking while you do it

(top line is eyebrows, middle is nose. These are proportions from Ron Lemen's tutorial: http://www.anticz.com/heads.htm)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn... don't you hate it when they look terrible after thinking the may be allright while drawing them? =\

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That head on the graph paper is a mabilion times better. Try to really analyze and simplify the planes of the head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great updatesmanship you've got going on.

That cat-ape in the rain/shadow is quite awesome, I must say. It pops immediately, which is fun to do with lots of black.

Keep it up with the facial/head studies, too; the improvement is steady - so keep doing them!
    And that scratchy-ish line work in the last post - particularly on the graph paper - I enjoy where that's going.

Like I said - keep it up! And draw more figures, too - do 4-5 a day, more if you can (I need to take my own advice, methinks).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maaaan my arm is going to be huge with the hour sof drawing every day hehe, most of it is for class and doesn't make sense so im not posting it. but here is some form stuff the tank and the ipod and water jug sheets are from class work. rest is just sketching. no harrison fords or figures yet today ill do some before i go to bed i hope, im real tired haha

had 5 hour drawing class then worked out then drew then went to our studio spaces and helped finish setting up then came home and drew. yeesh!
    luckily i have an hour of class tomorrow and im out for the weekend, heel yeeeaaahh!!!!

later - i may update again but dont count on it =\

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rhinos are awesome. The dude in pen is looking much better than your previous work. Cool tank but did you use reference? The proportions on it don't really look like a tank. Keep rocking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks - im falling in love with these pens
    the tank was from my dome - i was in the middle of class practicing ellipses lol, its pretty bad.

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Alex Baer is offline Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your figures show improvement throughout this SB and its good that you keep practicing, it will help you get rid of the stiffness of some of the poses, definately take advantage of the weekly life drawing sessions at MassArt. keep at it.

My Sketchbook

Soldiers/Mercenaries SB

"Ooh! Now that's good work! The skulls... the bodies... you give it all such a glow! I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah.....

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff, oh yes

The first 3 images of post 112 are my favorite; especially that one male body, and the whatever-the-hell-it-is just below the rhinos; it's good that it's convincing, even when I don't know what it is

I enjoy these last updates, too; I'd say play with the values in your hatching even more, add more medium tones and all that jazz.
    That guy on the right just above has an awesome eye socket.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see skulls! Awesome. Play with the light side vs the shadow side more - make sure that the light is clearly defined (and if it's not because you're using photos... well thats one of the reasons why I don't like using photos.) The guy on the right there is awesome - i can really see the dimensions of his face. The one on the left is less clearly defined with value and it looks like his cheek is pushing an inch into his face when he's really just smirking. (or grimacing or whatever it should be called). Anyway... awesome progress, I can really tell you're learning and expirimenting!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Keep up the drawing, I can see progress! The more you draw the more you see. The more you see the better your perception of the world around you. Thing become easier (at least in art).

Do those foot studies! Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can see that your progress through out your post and believe me your heading in the right direction. Form is a definitely important thing to lock down in your art but first if you don't mind me saying that you should first worry about your construction. Your sketches will become freaking amazing if you were to first master your line quality, Have confidence and let those lines flow through the silhouette. To much of one thing can't be good. Man, I'm telling you, If you could make one line tell the story of a hundred, your well on your way to greatness, I struggled with that too, and still do. Then once you got that lock that down worry about form and Proportion, so on and so forth. Thanks for your feedback on my stuff, I really need to engage in the story element.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just some random doodles. finished off another pen =\ i mean i like these things but they have no life at all! gotta work on my photoshop painting, as you can see its really no good. i want to learn how to do grayscale paintings better.

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2