Thread: Linda Bergkvist

Thanks

Linda Bergkvist

Ok, im sorry, if this has been brought up. Which im more than certain it has, either way i would like to share it again, If any of you haven't seen this artist's work, check her out. I just can't get over her work, time and time again. What beautiful work.

There are also some lovely short tutorials.

http://www.furiae.com/

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah, I've been a big fan of her work for a long time now. She's pretty much mastered digital painting as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks
    Her work is just mind blowing great BTW if you got the issue of ImagineFX with the cover and poster art plus a workshop and tutorials by Lina it was great too.

I want to meet her and just watch her work and just learn..

CC

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Yup, she's really good. I think she was one of the first artists working digitally that made me stop and go "Woah!" in a Keanu-style way..

Thanks
    Thanks! Didn't know her jet. Going to check out those tut's for sure!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts

Thanks
    *waves* Yes, we are talented.... just waiting for my talent to show

Honestly, she is really damn good at what she does. I reccomend downloading her Tutorials and reading them over a cup o java or something. They are very good, especially interesting is her guidlines on colours as well as her warnings of mos common misstakes at each step.

To be able to download her tutorials and actally watch them, download the page, but remove the ending on it and it will automatically turn into an HTML. Otherwise you get horrible php files to try to open on your PC (I can do that, but most people cannot without the hassle)...

I am quite sure that I will be in her debt once I start getting better at the Tablet thingy...

Thanks
    well..fair technical skills i guess. but I find her work far to buttery and romantic wich goes for just about every piece

swedes \o/
    Self-improvement is masturbation, Self-destruction on the other hand....

Thanks
    Gotta love that woman's work, yeah. Though to be honest, her paintings lately have gotten just a bit *too* photo-realistic, if you take my meaning. Sometimes they almost look like photomanipulations (though I know they're not). I much preferred the work she was doing a year or two ago. "The Melody of Your Demise" is a perfect example of it. Impeccable technical skill while still looking like a painting.

Anyway, you can't fault her. She does the work she loves to do and she's awesome at it. I've learned a lot from seeing her work over the years!
    Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    yeah i love her work too, i started digital painting because of her, but i must say that i would not like to work so fotorealistic, just not my way of working, i like the roughfness in some artist works, she has it too in her sketches (like the zombie ones) but still i love her, the way she uses collor and light is a big big big inspiration though if i could paint like that woman i would probebly do totally other things, and i hope that she will too one day, not that see must abandon her curent style,

ok don't get me wrong hey

anyways i love her works

Thanks
    *Waits for the flame war to start*

Thanks
    mmm linda mmmmmm

Thanks
    Her non-refed/sketches are so zexy. The finished paintings, not so much.

Thanks
    she's hot. so is her work
    polylover.com

Thanks
    Because of Swedish beauties like Linda, I know which nightclub I'll always pick for r & r.

Thanks
    Linda is awesome. I've been watching her work for a couple of years now. She seems to be the poster child for CGTalk, and posts frequently over there. Really very fond of her stuff.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    I also agree, i love her sketchy work as well, probably more so then her finished stuff, and i also agree with the above comment, she is sort of getting "too" Realistic in her latest pieces.

Just thought i would bring it up, but if you look hard enough you can see herself in some of her paintings, i wouldn't doubt if she uses herself as ref for some. Which is not a problem, she paints it most beautifully either way. Just thought i'd point that out, maybe i am wrong though.

And for those who haven't seen yet. The Meet the artists is a great read about her, at CGTALK.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=229522

This was something i thought was quite useful in one of her first posts from that link

"""Why, thank you. I'm not entirely sure if there's any way to study something in particular to learn skin tones -- except for people. My best tip to you would be to take photos of one person, a friend preferably, in a lot of different settings. You can do it like a fun day of fun photos - go all over the place, from morning with morning sunlight until the evening. Even snap pictures at night time if you can. Keep the subject's face at the same angle. Then shrink all these photos to a smaller, thumbnail size and set them up next to each other. If there's a better way to get a quick crash course in how skin tones are affected by different environments, I honestly don't know. After you've done this, do very, very quick referenced skin tone shots of each and every little photo (meaning, don't paint a portrait, just try to imitate the skin tones), and try to get a feel for it. Phew, that was a long assignment, heh."""

~JB

Thanks
    She's a sweety! Nice that her popularity hasn't gone to her head.

I agree about the photo-manip look - I believe it's down to the way she overlays (painted) textures. I'm not overly fond of that - but there's no denying she's got some serious skills!

Recently she was working on the first of the Dark Materials movies, I'm not sure if she's finished on that yet. But she has been quiet the past couple of months...

Thanks
    I'm surpised no one knows her secret gallery garden http://enayla.cgsociety.org

Thanks
    I have admired her work for some time. Truly wonderful imagination and very gifted that she is.

Thanks
    Linda rulez!

Thanks
    Cgmonkey, thanks for the link!