Following

CCG Art: A Game of Thrones

Here's some art I did for Fantasy Flight Game's: A Game of Thrones

Hope you enjoy it!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awsome cards here, good to see some new work from you dude.
    my only crits would be - in the first one, he looks to be missing his elbow, and in the third image, maybe take the costume a little further with some details.
    anyway, they're really good. youre getting a lot of work with these guys huh?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm actually working on this set too, nice coinsidence. You did a great job on these, I almost don't want to show my stuff anymore. I guess I'll have to update my thread again. Are these character cards?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fun stuff. I like the Littlefinger piece.

2011 Sketchbook

New Helzon's SB R.I.P. Mike

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" -Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    evidence - Thanx man, good to hear from ya. I gotta say, you are completely right about all your crits. I wish I had a chance to go back into them. The bald guy was one of my last cards so he was a little bit rushed... but really I just cheaped out! ha ha.

voodoochile - The grass is definitely always greener. I totally love your work, I just checked out your site. I wish I had more imagination like you. I'd like to see the cards you did.

Lone Wolf - Thanx man, that peice flowed pretty well. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm actually workin on another peice right now with that character since the art director liked this one a lot. I can't argue with that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your angles in these, and where you place your focus on the canvas. They enliven what could be potentially dull briefs.

Echoing what's been said before - I'm not entirely convinced by the underlying anatomy in the first one.

I think the great face carries the third one a long way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jon Hodgson - Hey, thanx for your crits and compliments man! You're right I spent most of my time on the face (which isn't saying much, because this was the last one I was working on and had to get it finished in a hurry), so the rest kind of suffered. But I think your right, at least the face carries it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are solid - I lke 'em!

If I could offer a few minor crits...

1 - I'd like to see a hint of sheath that sword is being pulled from - it looks a little like he is scratching his back with his sword instead of drawing it.

2 - It feels like you could make the light from the candle more of a focal point and make the lighting a little more dramatic in general. The coin would look better if the refelected light was stronger. His hair feels a little dusty as well.

3 - I like the face and hands on this guy. You get a good sense of personality from him. Stained glass windows here would rock.

anyways - good work man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The faces are very descriptive of character, you did a great job. On the lower 2 some more saturation would be nice, but they are still very nicely executed ideas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, these are all Excellent!
    some have a very Hildebrandt bros` feel to them, which is a fantastic thing.
    i love the last piece the most.
    i think a bit more bold brush work on the figure (side facing the window) might make it pop a bit more. just a suggestion.
    like so:

great work. keep it up.

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha ha, I so thought this thread was dead. But it's great to hear some crits from guys I respect and admire.

Mandryk - Thanx man. Ha ha, yea, that would be a pretty bad ass back scratcher though wouldn't it? Don't know why I didn't think of that sheath before. The second one could use a little more pop, and some stained glass would look really nice! Again, don't know why I didn't think of these things before. Thanx for the advice man, really appreciate it.

Justin Oaksford - Thank you, I always try to show who the character really is through their face and hands. As far as color, you're right, but on the screen i was working on at the time was new and I didn't know everything just looked so much better on it, but when you weren't looking at things on that screen... not so amazing.

Chuck Mate - Good to hear from ya man. Good call, that rim lighting really makes the image pop! Thanx for the paintover.

Even though it's too late to apply this advice to these cards, I realize that my work could use a little more thought, and I should try and make my work pop a little more. Thanx again for the crits. This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.