Sketchbook: Ev's sketchbook ;watch the improvement, brought to you by hogarth.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ev's sketchbook ;watch the improvement, brought to you by hogarth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ev's sketchbook ;watch the improvement, brought to you by hogarth.

This page is way too old!!! help me out by checking my latest pages!

i finally got it and here is my first of hoprfully many sketches and ideas of minetell me what you think i did that a while ago and it took me around three days to finish at random times

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Evxyza92; January 2nd, 2009 at 11:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

maybe i sgould of posted a cuople more pics instead of just one so again tell me what you think of all of them

Last edited by Evxyza92; October 5th, 2006 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    can i please get some critique thats all i want to get some tips you all that type of stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

i drew this a while ago i dont know why but when i draw dogs or wolves i do that thing under the eye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Evxyza92

i drew this a while ago i dont know why but when i draw dogs or wolves i do that thing under the eye
    im still lookin for someone to repond and critique my work

Last edited by Evxyza92; October 6th, 2006 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

this is my 007 he is gonna be called 0007 critiques please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just puttin this up there for some critiques you know some help with my stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i did this a while back and it came out pretty well it was mainly practice forfor faces shadowing on clothes and and some other stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    his is my practice face the ear is what i need alot of practice with in my opinion

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Evxyza,

You are off to a nice start here, I can see you have quite an imagination going here but to show your idea's off better you have alot of work ahead of you. The thing I would suggest first is buying some book on anatomy and face proportions (the books from Andrew Loomis would be a great start) and just copying and understanding them.

This will ofcourse take alot of time and dedication but it will pay off.

Good luck with everything!

Putting the FUN in FORUM!.... wait...

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanx for replying man and well ive studeid some human anatomy but just enought to get by. what i do know i have to work on is face proportions and i have drawn my entire life, like since i was in first grade and now i am in 9th grade. i as you can seehave done alot and have a good imagination and ive studied lizard and bird anatomy to create the lizard man portrait and the bird warrior ill post back on the bird warior im stil throwin around ideas on what they would look like thanks for the advice. i have gone and googled for online tips t draw the nose lips and eyes and hair but my forehead and ears are what i think i really need to work on. pld:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for dropping by my sketchbook. It's good to see that you're enthusiastic to draw, but you need to practice frmo life before you can accurately draw things frmo your mind. I would suggest that you start drawing frmo life immediately. go to a park and just draw what you see. An easy way to do this is to keep a small sketchbook with you at all times. Whenever you have a spare 15 min just pull it out and get something down. The more you practice the better you'll get. If you'd like to start drawing people, draw from reference, people in real life preferably. Your current drawings are lacking correct proporions, and mostly all have stiff boring poses. The exception being your dual wielding samurai, his posing is pretty dynamic. If you practice daily (aim for an hour) you'll start to see improvement! Good luck.

head proportions like you wanted
    more heads at angles
    heads
    more heads

if you want similar ref, do a google search for loomis anatomy, first link has tons of resources.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by oalexis
    thanks for dropping by my sketchbook. It's good to see that you're enthusiastic to draw, but you need to practice frmo life before you can accurately draw things frmo your mind. I would suggest that you start drawing frmo life immediately. go to a park and just draw what you see. An easy way to do this is to keep a small sketchbook with you at all times. Whenever you have a spare 15 min just pull it out and get something down. The more you practice the better you'll get. If you'd like to start drawing people, draw from reference, people in real life preferably. Your current drawings are lacking correct proporions, and mostly all have stiff boring poses. The exception being your dual wielding samurai, his posing is pretty dynamic. If you practice daily (aim for an hour) you'll start to see improvement! Good luck.

head proportions like you wanted
    more heads at angles
    heads
    more heads

if you want similar ref, do a google search for loomis anatomy, first link has tons of resources.
    thanks for the links and about the samurai i had to erase alot of stuff to get it like that ill post either by 9:30
    or around tomorrow witha bunch of practice with notes thanx for the help guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i drew tis lat night while my puppy was sleeping fortunately it was quick enough before she moved

here is some practice of a profile

Last edited by Evxyza92; October 8th, 2006 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tell me what ya think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would suggest saving up some money and buying a bridgeman or hogarth figure book. Not only are they useful for the most beginning of beginners but they will continue to help you for the rest of your life in most cases I would suggest just drawing figure after figure, maybe take a class at a community college or at your school for figure~* That recent profile is a big improvement from the one yesterday, good start I hope to see more.

____i_should_be_animating___________
    Sartell's Distraction sketchbook

Nothing touches an artist as much as the person who says, “I would like to own this little piece of your soul… here's some cash.” Matt Cavotta

§ East Meets West SBSG §

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont mean this to dis anybody , but the reason im studying all this realistic stuff like my current profileis so my comic books will have a better edge when im older, because im only 14 and my art teacher dont focus on stuff like this, but anyway stuff like the lizard man anbd samurai is what i focus on drawing and i dont now why but i just draw it but thanks for all the help with my drawing

this is another profile that i just did

Last edited by Evxyza92; October 8th, 2006 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    8) anywa sry i copuldnt do any practice today i did a piece of work for the critique center any way please tell mme about the profile i did thats above here the latest one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i di this one a while back like in july near the end i tried to focus on getting structure but its kinda weird hes just floating there anyway tell me how i can fix it and yes i am studying anatomyjust for ur info
    flying gun man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One thing I noticed is that you seem to have a decent understanding of anatomy, you just bury it under big 'fill in the blank' shading. Try shading slower with smaller strokes. The second portrait there looks closer to this, although you're still doing a big general gray-over on the back of the head. Her eye is a little too high and long. Seen from the side, eyes are squatter than that. Her lips are also a little long. Especially with the line at the corner of her mouth, it looks like she's pulling her lips back like a frog or something.

With your smaller full-figure drawing, have you tried drawing a framework before clothing and rendering them? A loose skeletal system of shapes: Ovals for the head, chest, and pelvis, lines for the arms and legs. Because from the lizard-dude and the profiles, it seems like you have a good idea of how muscles and bones fit together. It's just not very evident in the smaller drawings.

Keep it up, and happy drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thanks for the reply without a book reccomendation

thanks for the reply and not suggestiong to buy a book no offense but that gets old after the first reply ill post some more by tonite with some good studysor a bunch of stuff that i like to draw

Last edited by Evxyza92; October 10th, 2006 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

female form practice

anyway its almost 5:45 and here is my practice

i did a profile i think i messed it up a bit but it came out okay the hair was a ballbuster though

and some practice with the female figure

thanks for the help if anyone replys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The portrait has the same problems as your previous one. The body kind of looks like a Barbie doll: overly small waist, and boobs are pretty much always lower than that, unless she's actually flat-chested and wearing some kind of combination water/stuffed/pushup thing.

Maybe try studying one specific part of the face or body? Drawing JUST a nose or eye, or JUST someone's arm? But take just as much time (or more) than if you were doing one of your current portraits. Really try to get everything right!

I'm not too clear on your animosity about books/study. How are you referencing your current drawings? Drawing from life can be good, but books are still indispensable for the information on how to see and measure something for an accurate picture. Maybe people wouldn't keep bringing it up if you posted a little less often? I don't mean offense though! It's just that very rarely will people have something new to say on two similar drawings a day apart. You're posting over 2 drawings a day right now. Maybe cut back to only posting stuff you felt was a visible improvement over a previous post or when you attempt someone's suggestion.

(Don't shoot me! )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

what i like to draw

this is one of my charcters and i draw him frequently so im gonna try to study anatomy and all that other stuff but i really want to focus on stuff like this cuz this is what i am good at drawing

boulderdash

Ev'sSketchbook for the lazy minded but willing!
    Help an artist, leave a critique.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sry o i have been pretty busy lateley but here is something o drew last night and i still hate my art teacher we are doing still lifes

a futuristic soldier for the snow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is mmy early morning profile tnx for stopping by i need to do some comic art if i can today that is what i need help with

profile number 4

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have some nice starting points, look at the human facial features in more detail to help with ur proporting of the eyes and the lips.

look at the deatil of the eyes and it will help give your facial drawings a more realisic look try and do some full face views it'll help u proportion things a little better then try the side views again but a lovely starting points keep up the good work add colour to some of ur drawings too to help show whats going on in the images so the viewer has a more clear idea of whats going on

SHINEY ITS SHINEY!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

dude a lizard kicking ass

an old pic its the last of the italy lizard pics on my computer

a lizard kicking alot of ass

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yozz man..
    U got the imagination in ur pencil tips. somehow, what u lack is a proper anatomy studies(Like me do).

Dun look down on anatomy studies(I used to be... i am studying now oso), put more hardwork & study in dat lesson. Later on, mixes up ur design & concept wif ur understanding anatomy.

I bet ur drawing goin to take a big major leaps~!.

the spirit is going on here.. !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks man i want to go somewhere with this but if i dont ill at least always draw after all im only in 9th grade and i am in an art class for a requirement and stuff like this is wht captures my interest. i have been drawing since i was in first grade it was my art teacher back then, i got one award for a safety picture for a phonebook, she was kinda proud of that besides her my mom also incourages me to draw

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4