custom brushes

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: custom brushes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

custom brushes

hey i'm kind of a newbie and my biggest problem with painting in PS is the brushes i cant get the result i want from them so if any one out there can help me by uploading some of his custom made brushes and link me to a good brush making tutorial it will realy help me a lot.

thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi arkzai,
    It is always better to create our own burshes as per drawing requirement. Creating brushes in Photoshop is very easy task. Or Google serarch for "creating brushes in photoshop". You can find many tutorials. Be with Conceptart.org and go through this link http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42. You can find some Tutorials, Tips & Tricks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't overestimate the importance of brushes. While a bad brush can certainly make your art more difficult, and good one won't make your art significantly better. Just stick with a standard hard, round brush with pressure sensitivity set to opacity and flow. Beautiful art can be created with that brush alone. Fancy custom brushes are really only useful for "dirtying" the style of your art a little. If you can't get good results with the hard round brush, custom brushes won't save you.

That being said, what kind of brush(es) are you trying to create? What do you want them to look like?

The key to developing useful brushes is smart experimentation. Mess with all the settings in the Brushes palette, taking note of what certain things do. If you like a certain brush, try to figure out WHY you like it. If you don't like a certain brush, try to figure out what you wish was different.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thankyou Datameister for the useful suggestions. "The key to developing useful brushes is smart experimentation". Rightly Said. I agree with you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please help me!

I have PS 6 and I go to the tutorials and google to create those great custom brushes everyone talks about. I get to the 'click onto Define Brush' section only to find I DONT HAVE THAT OPTION! Is that weird or am I going crazy?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    PS brush stuff were available fomr PS 7.0 I believe.. so...yeah..
    tough luch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Download CS2, they've improved a lot over the years.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I highly recommend upgrading from v6.0 to CS2. I used version 6 for years; about a year ago I made the switch, and I've never regretted it. The brush options are great.

HOWEVER--I stand by what I said in a previous post. Great brushwork defines great art--great brushes do not. I've seen fantastic work done with nothing more than the standard hard round brush and I've seen terrible work done with lots of fancy custom brushes. (I generally work somewhere between. )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The best new features are that when you press F once you can drag you file all over the place with the spacebar without any boundaries and you can give (almost) anything a custom hotkey.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all the help!
    bumskee, thanks for the info. A definite BUMMER!!!
    Gatts, believe me I know things have improved since 6. Its that whole money thing that gets in the way.
    Datameister, I absolutely agree with your point. Just because I have throwing knives, a giant spinning rack and a little brother does'nt make me a carni'...maybe . (I have too many teeth anyway )
    I've been using the standard round this whole time. I just thought it would be fun to experiment.

Again, thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.