Architecture

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Architecture

Thanks

Architecture

Anyone here do architecture? Do architects usually develop decent drawing ability too?

Im just curious. Trying to decide wether to do architecture or illustration.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi Win,

I'm currently in my last year in architecture, my brother graduated from the same program a few years back.

I have to say in the last three years my drawing skills has not by improved by much. Much of my time was taken up by research, model building, site visits, drafting, site documentation, site analysis, more research, student-teacher meetings, learning toshop/illustrator/autoCAD/dreamweaver, cramming, buying matertials for projects, more research... and when I had the choice of drawing or sleeping it was the latter.

If you would like to improve your drawing abilities while you are livng/breathing/eating/dreaming architecture, you willl have to be superorganized or you can do what I'm doing this summer and take illustration classes.

Hope this helps,
    Mondo
    p.s. I do find that students who come in with drawing/artisitc talent do better than those who don't.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1