Art influenced by music
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Art influenced by music

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art influenced by music

Hi Yall
    Im working on a piece, which came directly while being under the influence of Deftone's Knife Prty. I wonder if any one else here does the same thing I do, listen to music and let my mind wonder off and create some twisted crap and then start painting...anyone else's art is influenced my their music?
    Maybe we should start a thread with paintings and their respective song of influence..

My influences:
    John Zorn
    Deftones
    Metallica
    Antonio Vivaldi
    John Coltrane
    Korn
    Linkin Park
    Mozzart & Beethoven-f**kn masters
    and ofcourse...Tool

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Most def..
    Music is definitely inspiration for some of my work.

My Influences:
    God is an Astronaut
    Sasha
    Nightwish
    Frontline Assembly
    Chopin
    David Bowie

to name a few cuz I am a music aficionado.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So this is just another one of those "what do you listen to" threads? There's plenty of these here in the lounge.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Not Just A Whataya Listening To Thread

Thats a negative, this is not just a " what are you listing to thread", its a what music inspired you to do what and show it thread.
    for example

This is my piece, I call it Knife Party
    after Deftones song, knife prty
    It was also inspired by a story from my hometown in Mexico told to me by an uncle who lives there and works for the government there. Hes a CSI type of deal, except that he is also an investigator.
    Story:
    1988, A 13 year old girl was arrested after the brutal murder of her step-father. He was found dead by 43 knife stab wounds, the most severe to the neck which almost decapitated him. The murder depicted typical signs of a crime of passion or a crime of rage. The mother was taken into custody first and questioned, but she was too distraught to even answer questions. The daughter no where to be found. When she was finally found, 3 months later, she was backpacking towards the US border, her backpack contained the following:
    • 1 loaf of bread
    • un-used condoms
    • one can opener
    • 2k cash
    • a list of names and addresses
    • 25 knifes-neatly placed in a roll out carrying bag, including the one used on the murder of her step father
    • knife sharpener
    • box containing 5 ears, from 5 different people

When the cops questioned her about the contents of her bag she replied the following;
    the list- future ear donors
    the cash- from the ear donors
    the un-used condoms- to attract the donors
    the knifes- to slice the donors apart.

what makes a 13 year old girl snap? the constant rapes the step father submitted her to, including inviting his friends over for the occasional rape, soddomy, defacating on, beating, and solitary confinement. But what really made her snap was when she saw a tv show which showed many other girls going through what she was going through, she took a stand for herself and for all those other victims out there, she had herself a knife party.
    Sometimes heroes arent superhuman, sometimes its normal people pushed to the brink of breakdown, what separates them from the rest is that they dont breakdown, they take a stand and have themselves their own knife party.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There was a whole bunch of pieces (fourty-something I think) inspired by music in the old All Female Thunderdome thread if you haven't seen it: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66547

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i listen to music all the time while doin work. i cant without...ive tried but i cant. but its gotta be the atmospheric type. that or soundtrack music.

so i listen to these pretty much anytime i do work:

Evanescence
    Linkin Park
    Nightwish
    Lacuna Coil

John Williams (SW soundtrack)
    Howard Shore (LOTR soundtrack)
    Hans Zimmer (King Arthur, Last Samurai, Pirate of the C. soundtrack)
    John Ottman (Superman)

theres lots. music without words is good stuff to listen to while working i find.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wonder what music influenced Jackson Pollock? lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am still working on my digital painting, but this piece called "I See You." I did it while listening to Royksopp's "What Else Is There" which btw has a very creative video to go with it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JLAlfaro
    Thats a negative, this is not just a " what are you listing to thread", its a what music inspired you to do what and show it thread.
    for example

This is my piece, I call it Knife Party
    after Deftones song, knife prty
    It was also inspired by a story from my hometown in Mexico told to me by an uncle who lives there and works for the government there. Hes a CSI type of deal, except that he is also an investigator.
    Story:
    1988, A 13 year old girl was arrested after the brutal murder of her step-father. He was found dead by 43 knife stab wounds, the most severe to the neck which almost decapitated him. The murder depicted typical signs of a crime of passion or a crime of rage. The mother was taken into custody first and questioned, but she was too distraught to even answer questions. The daughter no where to be found. When she was finally found, 3 months later, she was backpacking towards the US border, her backpack contained the following:
    • 1 loaf of bread
    • un-used condoms
    • one can opener
    • 2k cash
    • a list of names and addresses
    • 25 knifes-neatly placed in a roll out carrying bag, including the one used on the murder of her step father
    • knife sharpener
    • box containing 5 ears, from 5 different people

When the cops questioned her about the contents of her bag she replied the following;
    the list- future ear donors
    the cash- from the ear donors
    the un-used condoms- to attract the donors
    the knifes- to slice the donors apart.

what makes a 13 year old girl snap? the constant rapes the step father submitted her to, including inviting his friends over for the occasional rape, soddomy, defacating on, beating, and solitary confinement. But what really made her snap was when she saw a tv show which showed many other girls going through what she was going through, she took a stand for herself and for all those other victims out there, she had herself a knife party.
    Sometimes heroes arent superhuman, sometimes its normal people pushed to the brink of breakdown, what separates them from the rest is that they dont breakdown, they take a stand and have themselves their own knife party.
    Goodness.... That's a creepy tale to go with the picture. Definitely vivid.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all.

i have an experiment for you, (also a favor for me. tee hee.) I am an artist. I am also a musician. I have some compositions on Garageband that have been composed for artistic inspiration.

Here's the experiment: Listen to a couple of the tunes (you don't have to buy them, they're free to download), find your favorite, and see what your imagination comes up with. If you like the tunes, and can dig some inspiration from them, Awesome! I've done my job!

Also, tell me if they're is anything that you would like custom made.

Mostly i'm looking for ideas, but i really want to see what good artists can do with my music.

http://www.garageband.com/artist/MicRas

check them out, and see what you think.

peace! S'all good!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so i didnt wanna start a thread just for guns and roses as its really not all that important. anyways...

THOSE BASTARDS ARE ON TOUR??

i didnt even know they went on tour in 2004 until today either!!

i thought in 2001-03 they were pretty much done or still working on that one cd that they have been for the past 10 years. wow...so out of curiosity i looked up g n r 2006 on you tube and found some clips. well...i dont know...obviously they arent as good as they were..but then again..they are a "new" band. i think i might actually buy myself a ticket for the edmonton or calgary show in december. heck why not. ill get a chance to say i saw g n r.

did anyone else know they were on tour or what they're doin now? haha does anyone still care i guess is a more appropiate question. bam!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.