tiger
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: tiger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

tiger

Hey all, I finished this pic recently. Its not really a concept, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First, I am not a master on anatomy much less tiger anatomy but something feels off about the proportion of the tigers head to its body and paws. Second, the rear legs really flatten out rather than feel like they are spread out in the ground and they also suffer from anatomy issues. Composition is ok but I think it could be strong if the tigers head lined up with the rule of thirds. Overall it’s a very white piece and could use some balance with the darks. Also your darkest black is in the head on the tiger’s stripes and inconsistently dark stripes appear on various other parts which is fighting any depth you are trying to create. Overall I think the piece would benefit from atmospheric perspective and fill in some of the background and increase the depth of the image. Lastly pick a light source direction and focus on contrast and thinking about how the scene is lit and how the light is reacting with the materials in the scene.

Hope this helps instead of scaring you away =P

Ideas are easy. Making them real is hard.
    Sketchbook
    SketchUpBook
    Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like this image, and the concept. the expression on the tiger's face is outstanding, and fitting. The back legs bother me more than anything else in here, although everything else i'm willing to forgive just for the great illustrative feel you have in this image. The only thing you're lacking is something for this pretty beast to be looking at. He has this great expression, but why? How about two adorable cute baby snow tigers, or maybe a human child, or something. Anything. Please. But a very strong start.

"The power is saying no." - R. Motherwell.

~V

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the crits and comments.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.