Art: injured hell rider

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Wink injured hell rider

hi every 1
    heres my first post here
    its acharacter designe that i did it before in photoshop hope you like it
    c and c are most welcome

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ghassem farhany; October 3rd, 2006 at 05:33 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    looks awesome

Pretty cool design and color, hands look awsome. But it would be cooler to see it in a 3/4 view.

The flames look very digital, which is not a good thing. I can't find anyplace to rest my eye, i.e no focal points. the place with the highest contrast is his claws vs. glove. also the same amount of detail everywhere which gives it a flat impression. Lighting feels a bit random. Does he fly, crawl or walk? I'm not too fond of the chestplate design.

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kaktuzlime
    The flames look very digital, which is not a good thing. I can't find anyplace to rest my eye, i.e no focal points. the place with the highest contrast is his claws vs. glove. also the same amount of detail everywhere which gives it a flat impression. Lighting feels a bit random. Does he fly, crawl or walk? I'm not too fond of the chestplate design.
    thanks man for your critigue.
    im realy appreciat that

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kvick
    Pretty cool design and color, hands look awsome. But it would be cooler to see it in a 3/4 view.
    thanks for suggestion and kind word

Its a pretty well done piece however The biggest problem for me is that it fails to tell me whats going on in the illustration.
    From the title I presume hes somehow flying along, but If It wasnt for the title id struggle to see what the subject was.
    I think the main reason this is why Is because Its hard to decipher what his lower body is. From what I see it looks like he has a hovering type thing though It could also been seen as a pointy leg.
    Finally He doesnt looked injured what so ever im afraid.

I hope thats helped abit

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Man
    Finally He doesnt looked injured what so ever im afraid.

I hope thats helped abit
    thanks (mr man) that will help so much.actualy when i did it i didnt realy know what to draw and paint it was just sketching and exploring(it was my seconed digital work)
    but in my next work i will pay attention to this main subjects.

conceptart.org seems to be cool place couse in meeting cool guys

No worries man just here to help everyone helps each other around this place.
    Now that you mention it, im new to digital painting myself, So I can understand completley about just exporing around without realising what the subject is. A good tip is to have a go at the daily sketch group. you dont need perfect images but it helps you concentrate on a subject more while you also get a chance to explore and understand.
    If your ever stuck or unsure about your finished piece, post it in the critique centre, that way youll get more crits, plus itll stop congestion in the finally finished section.

Rich

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Man
    No worries man just here to help everyone helps each other around this place.
    Now that you mention it, im new to digital painting myself, So I can understand completley about just exporing around without realising what the subject is. A good tip is to have a go at the daily sketch group. you dont need perfect images but it helps you concentrate on a subject more while you also get a chance to explore and understand.
    If your ever stuck or unsure about your finished piece, post it in the critique centre, that way youll get more crits, plus itll stop congestion in the finally finished section.

Rich
    thanks again

I think the flames are suppose to be coming off his body but to me they look like they're behind him - if they are suppose to be coming off his body, place some flames in the forground comming off his other limbs - nice piece otherwise

I agree with some of the above opinions. At first i was trying to find the legs when i remembered it was supposed to be flying. The flames seem a little off, not that they don't look like flames, there is just something about them. It would be cool to see it at a different angle as someone said, and also to see what its doing or where its going, some sort of background.

Either way, its your piece of art, and it looks awesome regardless of critiques.

Great color and atmosphere!
    I agree with some of the other posts, especially kaktuzlime:
    I'd suggest the lack of focual point could be helped if you flipped the image horizontially. The eye tends to favour the right side of a image and gives it more weight, so the eye would naturally drift toward the head of your "hell rider" - then if you added a little more detail and contrast to this region it would serve as the focual point. The whole image might be made a little more dynamic.
    I often do this proceedure; sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't - depending on the compositional strength of the image.
    I'll look forward to seeing more!

Last edited by michaelh; October 14th, 2006 at 08:40 PM.
    m i c h a e l
    h a l f o r d

http://michaelhalford.blogspot.com/

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by michaelh
    Great color and atmosphere!
    I'll look forward to seeing more!
    thanks guys for your useful critique
    you all helped me so much

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.