Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NSFW - Nudity Chris Nygaard aka Hive_minD ~updated page 21! : [07-June-13]

Thanks
    Hello,first thank you for your hot comment on my sb
    and my critique,MAAN,your paintings are very nice so keep it up but something is breaking your paintings.i think you have to work more on foundations.you need to study more and draw from life and references.for example in your lion painting,i think the perspective and form of the lion's face have problems.
    at all,i like your sb.cu
    Need your critique
    My Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to hmanafi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ~Sellis : thank you, kind sir. I'll have to try it some day soon!
    ~Clochette : You are so right.I should work more on backgrounds! (study some environments, notet!) Take care!
    ~algenpfleger : Cheers mate! -and thanks for the ref tip Hope you do come again
    ~hmanafi : Thanks for leaving a comment behind. Yea. I am aware of my lack of "strong foundations". I'm hoping that it with time and effort will despair!
    The Lion has flaws. I know... But i still feel I got what I wanted out of it. I will be doing more studies (many more), and I'll try to spend more time on the foundations of the painting, not just laying colours down

Here are some hand studies from anatomy-books. -its a preview of what is yet to come I guess
    Last one has some ideas i sketched in my sketchbook. Liked the heads the most.
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Cheers for stopping by the SB! You've got some really nice stuff here, like the guy with the beard, and it's great to see you're studying up on the anatomy. I would like to see more usage of hard brushes in your digitals, I find starting soft and loose is fine, but when you're finishing it up it's great to have a contrast of hard and soft areas to add visual appeal- as well as giving areas that need it that extra hardness to define form
    Also do make sure to keep flipping (or turning your paper upside down) because some pieces really slope to one side.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monstertree For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    nice sketch. I think study more light and shadow knowledge can help you draw better.If you want to know what is the real shadow,you must study more about anything,my mean is you need to know why they have this shadow.when you good at this ,you work can looks more real

at last ,keep it !
    Life is good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wink_ma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ~monstertree : I should rather thank you for coming to MY humble SB! It's funny you mention the fact that I should use more hard strokes, since I love most of the artists here that use them! I gotta learn their secrets Take care!
    ~wink_ma : -tell me about it! This is actually why I like doing studies. The whole learning process is actually pretty fun, (not always when I try to use them when drawing from imagination ) But hopefully that will change

Going to the cottage early tomorrow morning. Taking my Laptop. Might show more when I get back, if I like what I've made

Happy Easter CA!

Chris
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    The Longbeard-Brokennose looks good. Glad to see you starting up anatomy studies. If you are not doing so already, make sure you look at the whys instead of just copying. Understand why the hand looks this way and what the muscles do instead of just copying straight from the book. Keep posting and keep us updated.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilBunny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Chris, you are demonstrating great progress here, those digital paintings are looking nice, keep practicing!

Quinn

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinn Simoes For This Useful Post:

XaNverse is offline I named my artistic universe: XaNverse (..lame.. I know)
    Thanks
    Great stuff. I like the first skull from this image.(I liked the guns too) Glad to see you're taking Skeiff's advice.
    Keep up the good work and keep walking the "road" of improvement. Crap... my last sentence was so lame... Anyway... I like the images, keep posting them.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to XaNverse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    whoa man!

you've been working hard and it shows, digital painting are getting better and better, but in some of them you get lost and try to achieve tightness without defining form, maybe you hould do some quick, rought ones too that focus on depth n stuff, just my 2 cents

love the bottom right head in the chaos dude sheet, nice one

keep 'em coming

ciao

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGnoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey - I'm a bit curious about your digital process: Do you work from scratch in photoshop, or do you begin with a scan of a pencil sketch? I go back and forth between techniques, but lately I've been working a lot more from scanned sketches, and personally, it's working for me. I'd recommend you try painting under a sketch in photoshop rather over it so you retain some of your great pencil work. In general, your digital stuff seems too air-brushed.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JeffZNY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ~EvilBunny : I know what you mean. While doing, say the hands, I tend to look at my own hand and try to find the shape I've drawn on paper. By doing so I believe my brain registers more info. Hope so.
    btw, your comment reminds me of how Cole Eastburn does his anatomy studies
    ~Quinn Simoes : Cheers!
    ~XaNverse : Thanks mate!
    ~TheGnoll : Thanks mate! Your two cents are so true. I should do it, I just kinda never know where to start ... Like my thumbs. I really like some of the ideas and want to explore them, but I struggle to build them up to something more than thumbs. I gotta keep pushing
    ~JeffZNY : Well first of I use Painter Lately I've been doing all my digitals 100% in Painter, without scanning. The reason for this is because I want to learn different techniques from start (rough sketching + "foundation") to finish (details). Obviously I will scan certain drawings and work on them digitally, but for now I just want to explore

Don't feel like sharing to much. :/
    First is a little b-day gift for a friend. I thought I saved the large version of it with all the details, but I guess something went wrong.
    Second are just a few selected thumbs I did with marker on paper. I want to try to push 'em further...

Chris

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Exams closing in. Work. School work. And even more school work.
    I've tried sketching in my SB as often as possible, and I just started a study. It is a super speedy. 25-30 min is very little time for me! Not looking to bad...?
    And no I haven't flipped it, sorry, but I just wanted to train my speed and 'accuracy'. I might continue working on it in the future. More to come, if not sooner, then at least this weekend

Chris

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Just under 20min ?

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast