Game of Poker WIP
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Game of Poker WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Game of Poker WIP

My current illustration, still needs a lot of work. I'd like to hear some critiques about what works, what doesn't, etc. Thanks in advance.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks too sterile somehow. Also it seems like your perspective gets muddled up a little in some places.

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of small things that jump out at me:
    The closest lamp looks like it's behind the guys hat, but the lighting seems to indicate it's in front (and I'd assume it would be hanging above the table).
    The air in the room seems fairly smokey, but the floor looks freshly polished. Considering that the environment itself doesn't look too lavish, the polished floor doesn't jive completely with the rest of the image.
    The way the three people closest to us seem to be more or less on one side of the table opposite the farther guy seems a little strange too. But, if the players were more evenly spaced, I think the size of the table would be more apparent and its largeness spacing everyone out would take away some tension.
    The farthest guy looks like he's throwing something right now because of that red mark right by his head.
    The top of the chair of the closest guy seems to be turned more than the rest of the chair is.
    The stools look too close to the bar (unless your supposed to be only able to sit in them facing into the room).
    The window frame could use some more thickness. Right now it looks like the wall is very thin. Maybe you could put blinds over it too and make the inside lighting more dramatic. It looks like the sun is starting to go down outside, and the light from the window doesn't seem to be a strong element.
    Since it doesn't seem too late yet either, I start to wonder if perhaps they just started playing not too long ago.

The characters are interesting, if a bit hard to relate to each other. The designes of everything look solid. Colors seem good. I'd love to see it a bit higher res.

Trust me
    as long as I donít look
    no one gets hurt.
    as long as I donít care,
    youíll be safe:warm:good to
    handle.
    Really!

My Website

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.