DSG 1129: Sci-Fantasy: SPACESUITED WARRIOR BATTLES LARGE BLACK CRAB-LIKE CREATURES

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DSG 1129: Sci-Fantasy: SPACESUITED WARRIOR BATTLES LARGE BLACK CRAB-LIKE CREATURES

Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 467 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A little bummed about this one... maybe i'll finish it soon. maybe 1 hour (i'm pretty slow)
    [EDIT: worked on it like 20-30 more mins.]
    [EDIT#2: Fixed an oversight made clear by Dan, thanks]
    DSG 1129: Sci-Fantasy: SPACESUITED WARRIOR BATTLES LARGE BLACK CRAB-LIKE CREATURES

Last edited by Johnnyhorse; September 30th, 2006 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    coolcoolcool! I like the work in here, 2 wonderful drawings.

johnnyhorse: I like it, especially the spacesuit.

burrito: I really liek your character too, and the big blaster. I love big guns, though I think there's one odd thing: on the underside of your crab-creature, it has 2 mini-claws, one is in a cool position, ready to attack, but the other's just ahnging there... unless, it was meant to look liek ti was alreadyd estroyed. I might be wrong, but you did a pretty good job.

now, it;s my turn, it's just a sketch, maybe I'll color it later:

big crab-o-monster VS space pirate. the space priate is always travelling to space, killing big creatures to sell them to collectors and stuff. this time the pirate blasted into a little meteor with this crab/worm monster on it, so it takes out his gun to kill it. I like big guns with lots of laser-beams, so this gun can shoot 5 lasers at a time hope you like...

Last edited by ramonsk8; September 30th, 2006 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My picture; 1,5 hours. Is an space-man with an egg of a big crub with a burning stomach.

Bye

Johnnyhorse: Good composition and sense of danger! I like this suit, in special helmet.

Burrito: Maybe you should to define better light/shadow, and it will so good. I think that it isn´t finished ¿? Ugh... I see now your composition, and I feel that I copied it from you unconsciousness Sorry... even though I think that this composition are typical in the "epical fights between an human and a big creature"

ramonsk8: Great concept this gun omnidirectional! ¿?? is that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Here is mine!!!15 minutes with Painter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your work CarlosNCT, great crab-creature, and yes, it was an omnidirectional gun .

Camara: I like your drawing, but I like your frog avatar even more! I really love it, and frogs are my favorite animals...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    CarlosNCT Wonderful design, composition and rendering, I really like it
    Johnnyhorse Nice design for a scene, though I lack some polish - but the spacesuit and the crabs are really intresting designwise.
    burrito Again nice organic desgin (the organic feel on your orca was the lovely part for me)

Just over 3 hours in cs2. [EDIT: Noticed that I missed the left shoulder]

Last edited by dan liimatta; September 30th, 2006 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks,Ramon. Have you seen my Strange guy and his Strange bugs?

See it here if you want!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77048

Wow!!People around here are great drwers!!My God,my "crab and soldier" is a real shit in comparisson!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When the mayor of tokyo called upon the super hero to handle the crab iinfestation. The super hero came to the rescue with a can of crab repellent. Unfortunately the crab didn't care much. The hero became later known as super zero. Hence the fight: "Super Zero versus Crapzilla"

Regards, Ron AF Greve

Last edited by moonlit; September 30th, 2006 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, my first entery for DSG
    - Woo, low gravity action!

done in 90 min

Hope you like it!

"Your cries of agoney, they are like music to my ears"-Vega
    My portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mostly pratice than anything else, I know the perspective is off and i did kinda speed it up a bit

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Making a giant crab is easy for the simulators. Fighting one in a space suit isn't such a simple task, and requires much of the resourcefulness expected of a Space explorer.
    painter, hour?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dan liimatta: I like this box for bullets with legs, and the knife on the crub´s leg

moonlit: good spray, It seems that don't arrive to the crab

crylar: Maybe more contrast, and more levels of light/detail/texture to show diferent distances from the spectator´s view

Winstar: You should work on perspective, because it appears that the man suited shoots to something on the right. Try to draw some lines of perspective from the character to the crab.

Hamsta: Good atmosphere and original concept.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I should have sketched it out first instead of just going WHooo *paint!
    Painting just isnt my forte right now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice, everyone. Here's mine... After looking at it it looks a lot like Feng Zhu's one... Well, didn't copy or do it on purpose. Check out Feng's great tutorial.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    realise it isn't black and haven't yet worked out what to do about spaceman but here's mine.

crit away!

CarlosNCT - you have knocked it out the park

Marty666 - great stuff, feng or no feng. love the textures - haven't a clue how to do that myself, any pointers

Last edited by setmonkey; September 30th, 2006 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some more work on mine up at the top.

SetMonkey - shaping up to look good... Im looking forward to the finished piece (I guess as long as the crab has *some* black it's okay... ah who cares)
    Marty666 - Looking nice, as usual. Only crit is to touch up that flying material above the crab... couldn't tell if it was something in the background or from explosion.
    Hamsta - nice concept. That kind of reminds me of those spider-bots from Ghost in the Shell - SAC (whatever they are called).
    Crylar - Nice setup/scene, though it looks like he has no control of his legs!
    Dan - Very cool... as to be expected... I wish I could make my pictures look complete... love the desc.
    CarlosNCT - I really like those claws.. they just keep standing out to me; an unusual shape

[EDIT] Camera - I took a look at your creature/guy piece and left some critiques, keep it up! Good to see you here

Last edited by Johnnyhorse; September 30th, 2006 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking blurb

@CarlosNCT: The knife & ammo box? damn I need to rethink my focus.
    @Johnnyhorse: I want the flames, not (just) the cuddles johnnyH; lets be cool and agnostic over each others shit. :
    @Crylar: OMGBBQ welcome fellow exSOFER, I will need to spank you tomorow for finally showing up here - Welcome indeed!
    @Marty666: Again a nice showing, I like the rendering but I am wondering where the laser/beam that hits the crab to the left (his right) comes from.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

When I was young, I could do all-nighters in my sleep.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow... that's really awesome--very imaginative and nice composition; great entry Goran

Dan - ...This means war... oh, wait, "agnostic?" Okay, whatever, lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ramonsk8: The one claw is static because I felt it gave the crab-creature a bit of nonchalance, since it really isn't in postition for a claw attack. Basically, the creature is saying, "Stop, don't shoot - until I get close enough to rend you with my claws."

CarlosNCT: Thanks for the critique. I will pay more attention to light and shadow in my next sketch.

dan liimatta: Thanks. The design was inspired after observing a very large water beatle yesterday as it skittered across a floor. Basically, the beatle walked on it's elbow joints and thrusted it's scythe-like arms forward. I inverted this idea and had my creature drag it's back legs behind it, which I thought was an interesting basis for enhancing the oversized crab cliché.

Marty666: I like the feeling of movement in this sketch. However, I notice that you have conveniently obscured the right character's right leg instead of sketching it out. This makes the figure look like he is just plain falling backwards instead of strafing or bracing himself on the rocks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah, OK, that makes sence... thnx Burrito

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Johnnyhorse pft, I'm gonna pick you down piece by piece
    I like the edited version though, though I take it the spacer in his cool pose is probably dead seeing that crab lurking just behind; it (the crab) should probably be toned down to feel further back, at the moment it feels closer colour wise then the crab crub. That said your compliment earlier perhaps indicates that you should try harder to wrap the sketch, no

Goran What can I say - again you smack the rest of us with your entry. We come here posting sketches and concepts, and you give us art. The composition and design is marvelus and the rendering superb.

And yet again the DSG delivers, great entries folks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Marty666 and dan liimatta are definaly my favorites, but alot of great pictures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Set monkey: Thanks. I like your bottom one best. The bright light from the mouth is cool. For the texture I use photos (just from google) of concrete/bark/rock in overlay mode in a low opacity layer. Then I erase out where I don't need it. I also use some chalk like and spatter brushes that do great. If anyone else has an idea how to get texturing like this or this I would be very interrested.
    Johnnyhorse: Thank you. Yeah, I should have left the debris out . I like your comp. I think some dramatic lighting would really help sell the image.
    Dan liimatta: Thanks. I should have draw some guy on the cliffs shooting down. In my first sketch the crab looked like he was wounded and crashed on his right side. This got lost in the colouring. I put in some gore and tracerbullets/lasers to show he's being hit. Was too lazy to change the comp .
    Goran: Like that style a lot! Very nicely done. Took some time to recognise the spacemarines though.
    burrito: You are right about the figure. At some point I rotated the entire piece and I really need to show and repaint the guys legs to fix it.
    Demiurgic: I like the design of the creature in the background. I'd like to see some more detail though. Try putting some more values in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dave smith took a sigh of relief as the evil alien crab thingie collapsed, a gaping hole through its body...

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my entry...um...spider-like? (oops)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marty666: Nice sketch! Maybe the composition elements are too lef on the screen. If you increased light level of the claw at right... I dont know

setmonkey: harry up with the spacesuited warrior! Try some variation tones in shadows, maybe it

goran: good lines and textures. Is that paper&ink or digital? Warrior looks little, but with colour it could change a lot, no?

Demiurgic: good scene, but I think that you can do a better job with composition image, I trust in you

Seasonreaper: If crab didn´t have a shothead, this warrior looked that He was doubting and thinking "I kill him or not?" It could be a good concept: A terrorific crerature and a human doubting in front of him but really really calm"

Aga: I really like this warrior, but I can´t see so good how is the crab!

Good jobs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.