Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What Digital Camera Should I GET?

Thanks
    well i finally ordered a nikon coolpix 4300! will hopefully getting it this weekend!!!

this thread has started to become a very informational thread...i dig it!!! thanks for all your input and sharing your digicams!!!!

keep takin pictures everybody!
    "The only thing that the world will not have enough of is exaggeration"
    Salvador Dali
    ------
    Don's Daily Sketches! -yay-
    ------
    DonBlogs
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I sell cameras quite a bit....don't buy a Kodak or a Fuji or a Panasonic or a Sony ...

Basically stick with Olympus/Canon/Nikon seriously those brand's cameras are FAR beyond the quality of other cameras.

I'll post more to this thread later, a helpful site is www.dpreview.com

Thanks
    Ach, C-720 turned out to be in New york rather than England, even though it directly said, "Item Location - England"

Im going to consider the Fujifilm FinePix S602Z, anyone got any pro's or con's about this?

Ach, again! I could really do with a decent SLR like camera bundle because I have no idea what kind of extras I would need to get.

please
    Last edited by Fog_cartoons; August 13th, 2004 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks
    as far as Fuji's go the 602 isn't bad...

the really lame thing about Fuji's (and Olympus cameras) is that they use the XD memory card, which is just a smaller version of the poorly designed smart media card...more on this when i get back from the wedding i'm shooting...

Thanks

Hey there

Quote Originally Posted by brkofdon
    hey guys! been wanting to get a digital camera for a long long time now. and im getting real close to getting one. the thing is im not sure what to get. i definetly want something that can take easy point and shoot, but also want manual control for more artistic images! now as for price i could possibly afford something in the 500 n lower area..

any suggestions on what to get? o and if you all can tell what digtal cams you have that would be cool.

thank you!

Hello friends,

well I've just become a member and this my first ever post, so be patient with me lol.

Hi brkofdon,

for the digital camera question i take u re looking for a cam u can carry easily and lets say could just hide in even ur best suit's pocket to be capable to take pics whenever a chance comes along.

well lucky you lol this has been my intention half a year ago, when i was in a similar situation and i found a camera that matches my needs perfect.
    its a Kyocera Finecam SL300R Finecam SL300R.

The cameras features are great, the fast shots ability works great with a Secure Digital memory card model ScanDisk Ultra II, if you go for lets say 256MB card (a 16MB is incl.) its also possible to capture videos in good quality and lenght.
    I am just crazy over the twist-able lens part, its so easy to shoot a quick self portrait for e.g. a grimase study - yeah I do use this option frenquently lol.

The package also includes software, a USB cable, a pocket and wrist-strap (not sure if I translate this right, sorry).
    Now for the price it was back in December at around 400 Euros in store, but I got mine via Ebay (all new, warranty and so on) for less that 350.
    Although I'd recommend to have a look around some shops and online stores before you buy, prices really vary here.

Well, I hope I could provide a little help and shopping advice,

greets Tobs

Thanks
    Im sorry to disagree with you on the Fuji camera. I have had no problem with my s5000. The Xd card is cheaper than most other media cards and the camera runs forever on AAA batteries. I have 2 sets of rechargebles and have pracitially no downtime. At the time I researched, it had one of the longest battery times out there. I have the ablility to change my exposure and shutter speed and take continuous shots. I agree that no, its not the beat all camera, but for the 300 bucks it costs it is very comparible to any out there. The 10x optical zoom is a plus.
    Example of the multishot
    What Digital Camera Should I GET?

Thanks
    looks like a good camera Anemos the Storm s5000 what brand is that?

jamtob - hey thanks for your suggestion but i already ordered and have my nikon coolpix 4300 and im super satisfied with my purchase..only 320 bucks for the camera. i also got 128mb mem card a carrying case and lens cleaner..not bad! um the close up shots are incredibly close. it also has continuous shots, the res for this camera can get really large. its fully automatic as well as fully manual. the scene modes are an xtra plus! its a 3x zoom and 4 megapixel and thats fine with me. its pretty compact, but the battery life isn't as long as i thought..well maybe because i haven't actually fully charged it hehe..i got impatient and wanted to take pics.

here are some close up shots...to test it
    "The only thing that the world will not have enough of is exaggeration"
    Salvador Dali
    ------
    Don's Daily Sketches! -yay-
    ------
    DonBlogs

Thanks
    Aha! A Olympus C-725UZ came through in the post today, which is strange seeing as we haven't had any confirmation for it in an e-mail. Anyway, its really good! I'll go out some time soon and do a bit of snaping and post the results here

Thanks
    4300 is a much better camera technically than s5000, not to be overly harsh but the fire shots you posted are a good reason not to get that camera, the fire breather is out of focus and overexposed even though he's the subject. Plus Fuji tends to blow the colour saturation through the roof, and once it's done that you can't get it back.

If anyone is really serious about digital photography but don't want to spend HUGE amounts of money get either the Nikon D70 1800 CDN, Canon 300d (i think it's 1500 CDN) (both SLRs) or the Olympus 5060 if you want something with a load of features and a realy high quality flip out screen.

On the low end the Canon S50 is quite nice at 5 megapixels.
    Basically don'y buy Fuji, Kodak or any of the "electronics" manufacturers. Some of these companies have a few decent models (the Fuji s602 was ok) but for the most part they don't have the raw guts and solid bodies of the big 3.

Thanks
    oh and i'm shooting a Canon 300d

Thanks
    I think it may be overly harsh to say "Don't buy Fuji's" The fire breather being out of focus is my doing not the camera's. It is on a setting of "Chrome" to exagerate those colors, but yes the colors on the do tend to be on the bright side, but not 'through the roof'.
    I guess not a lot of money to you and me are 2 different things. 300......1800......

The s50 is comparible in price, but it only comes with 3x zoom to the 10(optical) of the Fuji, its movies are 15fps to the 30fps of mine. Plus, I don't like the feel of little squares for taking pictures. And I can buy macro, tele, and wide angle lenses to go onto the camera where the s50 cannot.

Are there better cameras out there, heaven's yes. Would i take an 1800 dollar camera over this one, you better believe it! I am not saying this is the ONLY camera. However I still make my stand on this camera being one of the best in a truly reasonable price range and should not be so generally cast aside. I guess it all depends on what you want. For me, an ameteur, I wanted a 300-400 dollar camera that had a nice zoom, good feel, easy to use settings, but still some freedom in manual. This camera has exceeded my expectations. And I hate proprietary batteries. My rechargeable AA batteries, last forever.

Oh and here are some more of my pics just in case:
    The World of Anemos

Nice pic btw! Good lighting, aperature setting for the background, nice contrasting elements, and most of all nice timing The flowers really draw my eye
    Last edited by Anemos the Storm; August 23rd, 2004 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks
    in the end it's not so much the camera that takes the picture but the person. And it comes down to how much post work you want to do. I like to start with a very neutral image with maximum image information, I'm not sure if the Fuji can shoot raw but if it can that's where I personally would start, from there you have the maximum range of editing possibilities, it's like starting from a negative as opposed to a print.

The s50 does take extension lenses though they are 3rd party. ANd if you mean little squares for the CCD well the Fuji ccd is mostly hype, the edges don't come off any smoother. If you want a super smooth image you have to go with the CMOS sensor. I'm not just saying this as a Canon owner, there are plenty of cameras from other manufacturers that are very well constructed and will give you a fine image...and when i'm shooting film i only shoot Fuji, i'm certainly not a brand by any means but I have sold cameras for over 5 years and for the models i've seen the Fujis just don't measure up. Those are pretty good prices, are they american ? the 1800 i mentioned is canadian, i'm not sure what the U.S. conversion is right now.

Those other shots you've posted are a much better selection of what the camera can do (i like the soft coloured frosty morning shots), and don't get me wrong, depending on the kind of photography you want to do the s5000 will get you by, all i'm saying is that if I was doing any sort of pro shoot I wouldn't take that along (mind you other pros would say that about my camera too and i shoot weddings with it all the time).

Thanks
    Sure, if I was shooting pro, I definately would have a better equipment. I was just following the original post of "500 or less".

Yes, I can shoot RAW, I don't usually, not sure why never played with it i guess.
    My little square comment was directed at the shape of the camera body itself. I like the "slr feel" of the Fuji body for my big hands.
    I think the 1800 converts to around 1300 but not sure.
    Wasn't trying to start anything, just wanted to say that it isn't a bad camera and should be given a chance. If anyone couldn't tell, I really like it But I understand where you are coming from.
    Thanks for the comments on my pics too.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast