Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's Get to Work

Thanks

Let's Get to Work

Here is my first page of Sketches. I am working on a lot of different stuff at the moment. I am currently doing a correspondance course with Joe Kubert's School of art, so if you see Cowboys that is for that. Then I am working on some roughs for my portfolio. Also working on some concepts for a comic book idea I have kicking around. Any advice people want to give will be welcomed with open arms.
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    nice ,they look good =)

Thanks

Fishy Fishy Fish

Here is another for tonight
    Let's Get to Work

Thanks

Sketches for Today

From Ballet to Monsters, I tried to push myself today. I really have had a problem in finding the quality time needed to get some really good work done, but I am alway trying to find ways to fine tune my skills. Today I wanted to work from photo ref (Ballet) and then I went to James Jeans site and saw what he did for Nike with little red riding hood and thought it would be fun to play with a modern red hanging with her homies. I'm not much for monsters but I really enjoyed playing with some ideas. It felt good to draw straight from my head. If anyone can give suggustions I would love to hear them. i also want to say thank you Zebzfree & King Cayote for all your help and advice. You guys have pushed me in new directions and made me look deep in the mirro.
    GOOD Drawing to all...
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work

Thanks

Back to Work

1st up we have out of work frank. It was a concept for a challenge my friends and I are having. It is all in good fun. The concept idea was to take an old movie monster and put him out of work in the movie industry and working somewhere else.
    Let's Get to Work

Next up is a concept for a children's book Idea I am working on. Kai the Samurai
    Let's Get to Work

Thanks
    Let's Get to Work

Thanks

Testing

It has been forever since I have updated and the reason is I found I computer dumb. As I get older I realize that my skills behind a keyboard are deminishing. Good times, well here are two sketches I am working on with cavemen and a picture I did for my wife.
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work

Thanks
    Let's Get to Work

Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 259 Posts
    Hello Koistar,
    You are the first person I’ve ever known who has tried Joe Kubert's School of Art. I am curious to know what the experience has been like. What sort of assignments are in the curriculum, and how do you get feedback on them?

If you are interested, I have a teaching thread over in another subforum. Click “Concept Art 101” in my sig if you want to check it out.

Cheers!
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks

The last cave girl

Here is the final image I did for my corespondance course. I am pretty happy with it. I know there is always more I could do with it, but as a whole I think it isn't bad. The only thing you can't see, due to my scanner was the title. It did Stacked circles with letters inside. I had three small circles with "the" in them and four large circles with "cave" in them. Oh crap!!!! I just realized when I did a preview of the post, my last little dino on the right is missing teeth.... UMMMM he is old...Very very Old.
    Let's Get to Work

Thanks

GhostRider

With a movie around the corner. A local comic shop is having a contest for ghost rider drawings. So here is my final rough draft. I went through about 4 or 5 ideas, and then in the end this is the a combination of a couple of them. I need to transfer it to a larger sheet of paper and then ink it, but this is what the general idea of it is.
    Let's Get to Work

Thanks
    I decided to work on my shading and texture. I read an amazing book on Figure drawing by Ryder. It was a good read with a lot of good information. from just the first couple of sketches I can see improvement. Here are some portraits I did.
    Let's Get to Work

Thanks
    It is that time again, Maybe I'll wait a year or more next time. I actually had a lot going on recently so, that that is part of the reason I am slacking in the update department. but here are some sketches. I'm going to be working on some finished pieces soon, so hopefully I will have something more soon. Let me know what you think, thanks.
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work
    Let's Get to Work

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast