Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I'm speakless, really I can't think of what to say that will do any of you justice.
    I laughed, I cryed, I got super envious, pissed, depressed, I fell inlove, and then I fell head over heals. You people are too much sometimes.

The art that stood out to me with concept, storytelling, and technique were the following...

Robin: geez! this is a such a strikingly beautiful peice, I never thought robots could be beautiful, but you made it happen.
    Nicolas: I just adore your color scemes, and textures. and haveing the characters at the bottom is always so great. The hero needs to pose and show his manly stature, but the little boy inside is scared to death of that clawed Robot. So great!!
    nacho: I love this, I always love the quiet moment with characters, and this really just makes me all sappy inside, poor kid. Lovely execution, I admire the dreamy quality.
    Shelly: You know I'm going to say the bad first. I want to see this bigger, much bigger. You are so clever, what a story. I really love this peice. I love it because it is so subtle. Not just the fact the bird was set free, but it was not of this man's free will, he is being seduced by these sirens, disguised as ladies. The birds and sirens relateing in myth; they are there to set their own free. Just beautiful story telling Shelly, and wonderful execution.
    Fellah: Damn!!!!! you my man are so damn good. I loved this sequence, simple but very entertaining. Your imagination is so grand it blow my mind, just great!
    ElCoro:You made me laugh then cry the instance I saw the first fire escape painting. At that point I was not looking at your amazeing technique I was in awe by the simple and ridiculous subject matter. It is brillliant, and makes me feel dumb for even thinking that just a fire escape can be so. Then I read 'Literal' and I laughed even harder and cried a little, I'm not jokeing. then I scrolled down and saw an ugly monster woman and a homeless man smoking. My first thought was awe!! SF. Then I read 'Figurative' and my brain took a while to register, and realized again he was smoking, and there was a crazy figure keeping him company. You are Brilliant.

For those I thought did a great job, and also had awesome concepts, and technique: strych9ine, Poshspice, Dutton, Helzon, Bumskee, Mike, Mainloop, Ninjass, Cotron, Stacydia, AmishCommy, Whoami, Doughbot, redehlert, Loomer, JoshuaTheJames, DavePalumbo, Icon, Joiton, Summer Pudding, Romance, rusty, and Jason Chan.

I wish everyone good luck.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wowsers.

You guys all rock so hard. I really, really mean that. Very inspiring work here
    blue's sketchbook
    Someone gave me this custom title and I will never, ever change it!

Thanks
    Pardon my behavior of being graphic.
    i think i just had a visual orgasm...
    i heard that this lms2 round 2 had amazing images.... but dayyyum
    may the best person win

Thanks
    Some Incredibly creatively people here .. eye candy galore

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Thanks
    I don't want to cop out, but it's all great. Goddamn, but everyone seemed to give 200% this time around. Saved more than a few for desktops, reference etc.

Everyone, really, my hat is off to all of you. To take a few picks as "first impression" favourites - Jason Chan ( who gets a by into the next round by default?), Iconophobian, Mat Dixon - these all made me look three times. Almost every piece in the round made me look twice.

Pats on the back all round.

<edit> And Fellah. And Vyle. And a few others too. Damn, but thats some good Arts.</edit>
    P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

Thanks
    great stuff!!!

you all were lucky that i couldn't participate...oh well...

Thanks
    , This is incredible, so many great stuff at the same time!!!

Is a real shame that Fiduose pussed out .

( I΄m so very ashamed of mine...)

Thanks
    1 Proteus - just a powerhouse start to the comp

2 Poshspice - A bit stiff but good rendering and idea

3 DavidSmit - Love the unsurity in the girls expression

4 Robinchyo

5 Dutton

6 Grincoloco - Only one with a comprehendable story but not a great finish

7 Nicolas - Only for the cartoon at the bottom

8 Main Loop & Poise - Tough, I'd say Main Loop cause its cool and poises should have more water (amazing render though)

9 Bumskee & Ghill - Tough round - don't know

10 Mr. Blonde - Pissed myself laughing at this one, that exclamation hahaha, kian also good

11 RasselTassel

12 Cotron - Sah-weet, NINJ_ASSN Too 911, 0kelvin also pretty cool

13 staceydiana - Cool and original

14 Ben Mauro & Giovanni - Too tough , perhaps neither fleshed out enough for me

15 whoami vs viag vs RobRey - Tough round, viag prolly

16 Dougbot

17 Nacho

18 shelly wan - Oh riginality and finish, though I do like gorillagrins

19 ploboyko? - All too messy

20 TheBrave - Very cinematic feel, loomer - kind of dead on right side but really good effort

21 dirty c - Clarity in story, great renders though Fellah and JTJ

22 DavePalumbo - Disappointed with El Coros entry, kinda nothing new here but lots of work. The literal one seems to be a bad pun and the second one too El Coro

23 BDFoster

24 Vyle - should be called battle, Yumiko - LOTR, iolarnula - a bit rough

25 Snarfevs

26 Summer Pudding - Great, One of the best

27 Romance

28 Jason Chan Jason Chan Jason Chan Jason Chan Jason Chan

29 Jason Manley - The sea, the great unconscious, now thats where I escape. Matt Dixon should be called the battle, Bowlin's kinda makes no sense to me

30 Robot - Now this is really cool, should fully render it though, magicgoo - Escape?

Thanks
    wow, lots of great work!!

main loop and poise excellent pieces from the both of you, I think you may have freed up my schedule to pursue other projects
    bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    KENJI! yours is friggin' sweet. I really like the atmosphere it creates-- like I was telling you in person. you can get a feel for the event that's going on. i can almost feel his fear with the dark surrounding him, and the anger in the guy with chainsaw with all the red surrounding him.

my favorite! not saying that just because I know you

really the only thing i don't like is the sort of split composition.

eric yours is sweet too.

EDIT: now that I think about it more, having that smaller area of red on the right grabs your focus after looking at the left side and directs you to the second character-- so maybe it's just badass all together.
    Last edited by razuel; September 26th, 2006 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks
    Great job all around guys. Dang, great job as well Dave. Those textures and colors are killin' me. Guess we'll see what happens, but, haha, I know when I'm defeated. If so, good luck in the next round. Ones I responded to where Coro's dynamic duo and Nic, who's presentation and overall execution is straight up delicious. Wish everyone the best, and thanks for the comment, sve, glad you got all that from my piece, it meant alot. I can honestly say those where some of my feelings when doing tthis piece actually. Thanks trev' for callin' me out, too, a well deserved kick in the pants when it comes to color. I felt that for this piece the monochromatic approach fit with the rorshack and songsheet, which where heart to the concept. The concept I was hoping to make this piece shine through, but I'm sure there where a thousand ways to approach it in a more effective way. Now I'm gonna go back and draw. Art books are callin' my name -

- Visions

EDIT: Not sure if people could tell, but there are subwoofers on my character's ears. That was a tid bit that got lost (along with some details in the face) because the image posted a bit smaller than I expected - V
    Last edited by Mr. Visions; September 26th, 2006 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks to all who mentioned me in their favs. It's an honor to even be competing with some of the guys in this Dome, so standing out in any way is just icing on the cake. Sve, I loved your description of my piece.
    Hyver, best of luck to you! Chaosrocks said it best about your piece; it's definitely got a great creepy edge to it. Wish it was a full three man round, but ah well, gives you and me a little room to breathe, eh?

And boo on Jason Chan's default win (but congrats on another nicely executed piece). When Cody announced the theme, he should have specified that the competitors themselves were not supposed to escape.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by draw
    30 Robot - Now this is really cool, should fully render it though, magicgoo - Escape?

Hehe! Um...well.... you see her eyebrows? You can tell she's very worried.... and um.... tentacles ... and ...er.

Beautiful work, everyone!! I can't even begin to name favorites. They're all amazing. Each and every one of them is BRILLIANT. I love the ideas more than I liked the ones for LMS1. Everyone got so creative this round.

Awesome! pld:

Trιs Cutι Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Holy crap, so much amazing work! Is there an echo in here? Oh wait, that's just me. My hard drive is working overtime saving to my inspiration folder right now.

I have a feeling I'm not making it past this round But I'm glad it's to a piece as nice as Shelly's. Time to get back to drawing, I'm super pumped now.

Thanks
    Wow, very impressive everyone. Poise, Icon: sweet, you ladies rock.
    I am quite dissappointed to see so many no-shows (especially the guy that I lost to ) Oh well. At least everyone else came through and really did their best. You guys kick ass.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast