Thanks

Money and some question.

Well since I dont know so much things about how you guys live/make money and etc. I want to ask these questions:

When going to an art school, i guess you get a big loan that needs to be payed off. How do you normal guys get to make money, if you cant live on the art, like a student that just has gratuaded, how do you guys make it, do most art people have bi-jobs? i really want to know. Because i am soon in that age when i must choose what i should study.

and another thing, when looking at the studio thread i see many people have tables that are winkled up, what is the downsides and upsides of that ?
    What is better to have, a plain table or a winkled up table, because i get payment soon and i guess its time to buy some equipment, because i only have some pencils right now.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Alot of young students will just get part time jobs doing anything.

What do you mean by a wrinkled up table, though?

/edit Thanks Gnosis
    Last edited by Interceptor; September 22nd, 2006 at 06:04 PM.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure he meant "angled table". In other words, he's asking if it's better to draw on an angled table than on a plain one. He's just mixing norwegian and english a bit. The norwegian word for 'angle' is 'vinkel'.

Til trådstarter: Et tegnebord med vinkel er nok det beste, men det er vel strengt tatt sekundært i forhold til andre ting. Det viktigste er solid trening på fundamentale ting, f.eks. anatomistudier etc. Men har du råd til et bra tegnebord med vinkel, så kjøp det.

Thanks
    takk takk :- ] flott å se en norsk her

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    I think angled tables are much better for your back if you plan to be hunched over it all day. It depends on how much time you'll spend drawing at it. I actually don't even own a table, I hold 'er in my lap or lay on the floor, but that's because the bulk of my real work is painting at an easel.

As for living and earning in school, I have to agree, the general method is to get yourself an hourly wage job until you can start making more steady money in art. The problem is that many people end up tired from their day job and don't feel like working at the art as much as they need to be. Before you know it, the day job is their main job and the art isn't happening much at all. This is the case for a good amount of the people I knew in school. If you need to work a job while you're in school, don't lose sight of why you're doing it all in the first place.
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)