Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Here we go! Play and be creative.
Start your engines!!
And the Rules:
The Photo Challenge "Autum"
1. the season between summer and winter; fall. In the Northern Hemisphere it is from the September equinox to the December solstice; in the Southern Hemisphere it is from the March equinox to the June solstice.
2. a time of full maturity, esp. the late stages of full maturity or, sometimes, the early stages of decline: to be in the autumn of one's life.
[Origin: 1325–75; < L autumnus; r. ME autumpne < MF autompne < L]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
au·tumn (�tm) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "Autumn" [P]
1. The season of the year between summer and winter, lasting from the autumnal equinox to the winter solstice and from September to December in the Northern Hemisphere; fall.
2. A period of maturity verging on decline.
1. Of, having to do with, occurring in, or appropriate to the season of autumn: autumn foliage; autumn harvests.
2. Grown during the season of autumn: autumn crops.
[Middle English autumpne, from Old French autompne, from Latin autumnus.]
au·tumnal (�-tmnl) adj.
n : the season when the leaves fall from the trees; "in the fall of 1973"
This week's topic: Autum
READ THE RULES!
1. Only one picture per contestant.
2. No previously used material. All photos must be fresh and never displayed on any gallery / thread.
3. The winner of the last poll will set the next topic; if the same person stands as the winner two times in a row, he or she must choose another user to present the next topic
4. Enhancements of the picture (hue/saturation and levels) are allowed, but a minimum of Brushing etc.(Photomanipulation is subjective to conceptart.org member votes, your photo will be dismissed if too manipulated).
5. No voting for your own picture.
6. The challenge starts thursday, poll opens tuesday and closes thursday. the winner starts a new post on the photo forum that is named "The Photo challenge - the chosen topic".
7. The poll shall be opened tuesday evening.
8. In the event of a tie in the polls, the person who created the challenge casts the tie breaking vote.
9. The winner has until 18:00/6:00 pm (GMT +2) thursday, after he or she has won to present the next topic, if the winner fails to do so. the topic will be presented by the 2nd place person on the poll
10. Please add a title to your picture!
May the best photo win!
Thx to Sam for picking me for the next subject.
Dammit, way to make it hard on those of us in the southern hemisphere!!! Ah well, let's see what we can do.
just as well its been a little hot over here, and it is fall now here as well, I have some intresting consept for this
nice choise Le Gab
i think this will be a contest of colours...
My guarding angel is a double agent !!
lol we just had the tail end of a Caribbean storm hit the UK and its been an increase in temperature, so Autumn has been delayed for a while. I will be interested in seeing your concepts sam lol!
Okay, Autumn.. I'm Out.
autum does not have to be a season or weather be creative southern hemy guys
trees lost their leaves reallly creepy im sorrry!
Last edited by Il Cielo; September 23rd, 2006 at 11:35 AM.
16 years of age occupying New York
Camera: Canon Rebel XT or 350D
Haha, thats creative.
"Enhancements of the picture (hue/saturation and levels) are allowed, but a minimum of Brushing etc.(Photomanipulation is subjective to conceptart.org member votes, your photo will be dismissed if too manipulated)"
No, off course you can keep your photo on board...
Nice, Il Cielo. Me likes. However, the rules are the rules. we'll let the votes decide on this one, i guess.
Claude, please stop spoiling the fun. Oke, Oke, thx!?!? You makes us very happy is! (chinese-english rulz)
damn, this is gonna be a hard one.
why is it that i can feel who the victor of this outcome will be?
Errrr, who's gonna be the victor?
not to be a ass, but i vote against the photo, its a stunner, it realy is, its not a photo though, its all down to the post prossesing that makes the image so good
so sorry, plase dont beet me its a realy good pese of art, but not a photo....
u got me intrested, what do you mean?why is it that i can feel who the victor of this outcome will be?
The trees are still green where I am, and it's only just started to rain today.
Now that's creepy. Doesn't look like we'll be having an autumn here, at least not a fair sized one.
Nice picture, brilliant even, but on the basis of principle I just can't vote for it.
i have to agree with sam and rhynome, it definately is not a 'photo'
and who's gonna be the victor? isn't it obvious?
hello all, this IS NOT my entry!! just to give you some idears....
Last edited by samsite999; September 24th, 2006 at 10:55 AM.
we all know how much i love silowets, so i enter this one, im hoping ill get some propa time to go out this weekend to get some more shots. What do you think?
<< Removed, see below for new entry>>
Last edited by samsite999; September 24th, 2006 at 10:55 AM.
ok guys, lets not waste time posting up our crappy shots....
sam wins by default, good job every1.
next topic chosen by me, the topic is: "picture NOT taken in Shropshire England"
good luck! bwahahahhahahahha!!!!!!!!
regarding your entry, i think it's fantastic, we'll definatley have to come up with some creative ideas in order to compete!
Last edited by Le Gab; September 26th, 2006 at 04:01 PM.
its ok, I drive to wales every weekend to go to my caravanOn a serious note, Have i done somthing wrong. have I upset you?bwahahahhahahahha!!!!!!!!
nopeOriginally Posted by samsite999
Dude.. what's your problem.. i am laughing my head off and all this time you think i am serious..
Jeez.. you are the one who needs to take a breather..
i have no objection.. it fits perfectly with the rules.. obviously
That's why i am laughing.. get it?
PS: there's absoloutly no flaming.. what's all that about? I am not breaking any rules here anyway!!
I mean i havent even started cussing?!!
from what i have been following in this thread, it does not seem that claude meant to flame or anything like that, i really interpret it as him joking around (similar to how i was joking around about sam winning all the time, etc...)
i think we should all just drop it and concentrate on this week's Autumn photo competition!
think we should all step back and think about what were saying on this one, its to easy to come accross ass a ass on the forum with out trying. Unfortualntly as you cant here a toine of voice or see body language its diffcalt to know how to take some comments and then human nature rears its head and automaticly makes you think the worst.
atlantis, i dont win all the time, i wish i did, but im simply not that good yet between my ful fime job (fixing software problems) programing, webdesign, fixing laptops and tralling though access and excell playing with data. Ohh and doing a foundation degrey part time as well as work, decorating a house, fixing frends and famlys PC's, orgnising wedings..I can go onm i dont get a lot of time to do what I considure my true passion. if im not at work, at uni, driving to work, driving to uni, sleeping, or in hosptal with nackerd body lol im out with me camera. spose what im trying to say is that it takes a serten thing to be a good photograpa, and im not one. its a hobbey and relese some of the stuff i see on a daily bases makes mine look like bin material, we all do what we can when we can and with what we have......
sorry about the spelling on last post, i will edit it at a sensable houre, its 3am here, now this is not my gallery, its one i found at randome on my photo hosting site, but this is to the level i want to aspire to. now all i need is the sceenery http://www.pbase.com/mikelong/tmb
If you start allowing photomanips into the competition it will loose its focus.
well here is mine titled "Autumn Leaf"
i just have to say some here...
ofc its no problem if someone wins a lot.
That usually is because that person is pretty good at the things he doing.
would be fun if i could take away those in my lifes who are better then me but i guess i have to like the way it is..
and when it comes to that picture, its great but i agree that if you manipulate a picture to much id belongs on a photoshop tutorial page instead.
it was very nice though....