Results 1 to 13 of 56
Thread: The Photo Challenge "Autum"
September 22nd, 2006 #1
The Photo Challenge "Autum"
Here we go! Play and be creative.
Start your engines!!
And the Rules:
The Photo Challenge "Autum"
1. the season between summer and winter; fall. In the Northern Hemisphere it is from the September equinox to the December solstice; in the Southern Hemisphere it is from the March equinox to the June solstice.
2. a time of full maturity, esp. the late stages of full maturity or, sometimes, the early stages of decline: to be in the autumn of one's life.
[Origin: 132575; < L autumnus; r. ME autumpne < MF autompne < L]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
au·tumn (�tm) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "Autumn" [P]
1. The season of the year between summer and winter, lasting from the autumnal equinox to the winter solstice and from September to December in the Northern Hemisphere; fall.
2. A period of maturity verging on decline.
1. Of, having to do with, occurring in, or appropriate to the season of autumn: autumn foliage; autumn harvests.
2. Grown during the season of autumn: autumn crops.
[Middle English autumpne, from Old French autompne, from Latin autumnus.]
au·tumnal (�-tmnl) adj.
n : the season when the leaves fall from the trees; "in the fall of 1973"
This week's topic: Autum
READ THE RULES!
1. Only one picture per contestant.
2. No previously used material. All photos must be fresh and never displayed on any gallery / thread.
3. The winner of the last poll will set the next topic; if the same person stands as the winner two times in a row, he or she must choose another user to present the next topic
4. Enhancements of the picture (hue/saturation and levels) are allowed, but a minimum of Brushing etc.(Photomanipulation is subjective to conceptart.org member votes, your photo will be dismissed if too manipulated).
5. No voting for your own picture.
6. The challenge starts thursday, poll opens tuesday and closes thursday. the winner starts a new post on the photo forum that is named "The Photo challenge - the chosen topic".
7. The poll shall be opened tuesday evening.
8. In the event of a tie in the polls, the person who created the challenge casts the tie breaking vote.
9. The winner has until 18:00/6:00 pm (GMT +2) thursday, after he or she has won to present the next topic, if the winner fails to do so. the topic will be presented by the 2nd place person on the poll
10. Please add a title to your picture!
May the best photo win!
Hide this ad by registering as a memberSeptember 22nd, 2006 #2
Thx to Sam for picking me for the next subject.
September 22nd, 2006 #3
Dammit, way to make it hard on those of us in the southern hemisphere!!! Ah well, let's see what we can do.
September 22nd, 2006 #4Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
just as well its been a little hot over here, and it is fall now here as well, I have some intresting consept for this
September 22nd, 2006 #5
nice choise Le Gab
i think this will be a contest of colours...
My guarding angel is a double agent !!
September 22nd, 2006 #6
lol we just had the tail end of a Caribbean storm hit the UK and its been an increase in temperature, so Autumn has been delayed for a while. I will be interested in seeing your concepts sam lol!
September 22nd, 2006 #7
Okay, Autumn.. I'm Out.
September 22nd, 2006 #8Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
autum does not have to be a season or weather be creative southern hemy guys
September 22nd, 2006 #9
trees lost their leaves reallly creepy im sorrry!
Last edited by Il Cielo; September 23rd, 2006 at 11:35 AM.16 years of age occupying New York
Camera: Canon Rebel XT or 350D
September 22nd, 2006 #10
Haha, thats creative.
September 22nd, 2006 #11
"Enhancements of the picture (hue/saturation and levels) are allowed, but a minimum of Brushing etc.(Photomanipulation is subjective to conceptart.org member votes, your photo will be dismissed if too manipulated)"
No, off course you can keep your photo on board...
September 22nd, 2006 #12
Nice, Il Cielo. Me likes. However, the rules are the rules. we'll let the votes decide on this one, i guess.
Claude, please stop spoiling the fun. Oke, Oke, thx!?!? You makes us very happy is! (chinese-english rulz)
September 22nd, 2006 #13
damn, this is gonna be a hard one.
why is it that i can feel who the victor of this outcome will be?