sketch critique request

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

sketch critique request

a sketch I called "Death's Embrace." sketched in pencil over the blue roughs.

The first thing I could tell was that the neck seemed too long initially I found drawing the hair closer to the neck distracted the eye away from that detail. I also increased the line weight in Death's outline to make the difference more obvious. Please give me all you can. Fire away.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You will have to excuse me, second post and all, but perhaps sketches and WIP would have been more appropriate? The penciling does have a finished looking quality as I tried to be very deliberate with the linework but obviously I don't intend to stop at a just pencils over blue rough. Well I suppose I will let the mods decide on that.

Any comments and critique are still welcome if you please.

Thanks
    grl anatomy is alittle odd and the sketch has been worked over so much it has lost any life and character it my once have had.

I would try again
    chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    i agree with chaos

Thanks
    The skeleton's right shoulder is too wide, but otherwise I like him, he's got nicer flowing lines than the girl.

Covering up a mistake is not the best way to go. I also think you should redo it, with tracingpaper or freehand. Start with simple shapes and fix the mistakes (neck too long, pose girl too stiff, arm too thin and perspective of her lips: we look up to her face, but down on her lips), ...).
    Everytime you redo a drawing, and try to improve it, you'll learn more new things than the last time. It's a great way to sketch more loose too (in time it'll be easier and faster to redo and fix, than live with the mistakes or 'work around them'.

Good luck, I hope to see a new version soon .

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.