The Ringling College of Art and Design 2007 Thread - Page 5

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Katfayheirti
    I wish. Jacksonville's not exactly close.
    At least you're in the same country. :3

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this site. I was reading through some of the threads about Ringling because like everyone else, I'm trying to get some more information about the school and majors. From everything I have heard and looked into, Ringling sounds like a great art school and I am really excited to visit. For a while before I knew a whole lot about Ringling, I wanted to go to SCAD. Then I did my research and visited and no longer want to apply. Anywaysss....

I already started my application, and have been working on my portfolio alot for admissions. I need some feedback though. I'm really considering doing computer animation. So here is a link to my site with some of my art work. Most of it is from last year. A few things are recent but not all of them are on there yet. I've done a few photo realisitc things from photographs, which I am trying to break away from. Im only working from life from now on. Im in a really great Advanced Placement program in school and take some private classes outside of class. So I guess Im just wondering what they look for in a portfolio for Computer animation.

here is the link:

www.kristinlrn.photosite.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really? What turned you off from SCAD? I'm interested to know because even though I REALLY want to go to Ringling, I've heard that SCAD offers much more scholarship money.

But anyway, the most important things for a Ringling portfolio are creative pieces referenced from life. Your pieces should show dynamic motion. Here's a re-post from page one of this thread.

The main reason I'm posting is because I just got back from the National Portfolio Review day at CCAD, and I have some major advice for all Ringling CA wannabes!

First of all, the rep I spoke with said to make sure that your pieces really show depth. After all, we're going into 3D animation, aren't we? Make sure that the backgrounds to your pieces (and you should be including backgrounds) are not as clear as your foregrounds. You don't want your viewer's focus to be on the background instead of the focus of the piece. Also, you really want to make sure there's a lot of push-pull going on through your artwork. Change the scale of things; don't be afraid to skew things a bit. Make your art interesting! SHOW MOTION IN YOUR ART (that one was REALLY emphasized!) Yes, Ringling really wants to see still life, but they're turned off by boring stuff like a bowl of fruit or a cow skull. The rep I talked to gave me a great example.

One student turned in a piece of something from a fly's point of view. The student ripped out a piece of turf and a twig from outdoors. From there, he found a dead fly and put it on the twig. In the turf, the student placed two staplers facing the fly so that they looked like two giant monsters. After that, the student lit everything. In his actual drawing, he wound up curving the staplers a little so that they looked more ferocious--he made the objects work for his piece. It also showed motion. Motion is HUGE. (I mean... we're trying to be ANIMATORS...right??)

Some more advice that I got from other schools was really helpful, too. You should have a reason behind your art and be able to expain why you chose to go about making it as you did. Your art should reveal something about you, not just your skill set. (Not that skills aren't important!) One school I talked to really said that you should think about putting interesting titles to your pieces and somehow displaying it alongside your work--it just adds one more dimension to your art. I'm not sure if Ringling is huge about the title thing, but I definitley agree that your portfolio should reveal something about you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really? What turned you off from SCAD? I'm interested to know because even though I REALLY want to go to Ringling, I've heard that SCAD offers much more scholarship money.
    I don't know about Kristinlrn, but what really turned me off from SCAD is that it's for-profit and it's only accredited for the South. They're not very selective...
    I actually visited SCAD, and their fine arts students are turning out AWESOME work, but jeeze that city has some evil biting gnats.

and....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Katfayheirti
    I wish. Jacksonville's not exactly close.

At least you're in the same country. :3
    I live in central Louisiana, about 4 hours from New Orleans. I don't think i'll be able to visit until the spring, probably after i get accepted (assuming i do). Maybe a bunch of us can meet up
    ....how did I know everyone was going to say that to me?

-----------------------------------------------------
    portfolio=ORANGEMANTIS.COM
    Blog
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well... they do offer a ton of money.. from what it sounds like compared to any other school I've looked into. I mean I know they have good programs.. but I gotten a lot of bits and pieces from different people about the school. Just read some of the posts that current students have written about the school. That's your best resource.Here's some posts i found on here from a few years ago http://www.conceptart.org/forums/arc...hp/t-2971.html. There are good and bad things about it. Some people I talked to love it, some hated it so much they transfered. For instance a friend of mind lived in florida and 4 of her friends went to SCAD, not a single one graduated. But then again there are those who graduate and go on afterward into a professional art career. I mean if you work hard and you are truely dedicated to art you can achieve what ever you want to do at any art school. Personally, its not the school for me. I like that Ringling is a campus, instead of spread out throughout the whole city like SCAD. The area set me off to. It sounds like the crime is not so great there either. Look up satistics. Anyway, no school or city is perfect. You just have to find one you will feel comfortable at.

Heres another website

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/...cad+accredited

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by katfayheirti
    I don't know about Kristinlrn, but what really turned me off from SCAD is that it's for-profit and it's only accredited for the South. They're not very selective...
    I actually visited SCAD, and their fine arts students are turning out AWESOME work, but jeeze that city has some evil biting gnats.
    For-profit? That definitley turns me off. Good to know! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kristinlrn
    Personally, its not the school for me. I like that Ringling is a campus, instead of spread out throughout the whole city like SCAD. The area set me off to. It sounds like the crime is not so great there either. Look up satistics. Anyway, no school or city is perfect. You just have to find one you will feel comfortable at.
    That's also really great to know--thanks! That's one thing that I'm really concerned about going to an art school--missing the whole "campus experience". While even though Ringling isn't quite like a campus populated by 20,000 students, it's much closer to the experience than a college that's just spread around a crime infested city. Thanks for the great links, too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by thesinfulsaint
    For-profit? That definitley turns me off. Good to know! Thanks.

That's also really great to know--thanks! That's one thing that I'm really concerned about going to an art school--missing the whole "campus experience". While even though Ringling isn't quite like a campus populated by 20,000 students, it's much closer to the experience than a college that's just spread around a crime infested city. Thanks for the great links, too!
    Most schools are for profit - but I think SCAD does care about its students and is a respected school. Also the crime in the area isn't as bad as a few make it sound. Ringling isn't exactly in a golden area of town either, but the campus is centralized and very scenic. I checked out SCAD last year and the campus is fairly centralized, plus my dad lives in the area so you'd think I would go there - but the smaller community of Ringling impressed me more. The stuff I saw at SCAD was awesome though. I would suggest people do their own SERIOUS research about a school and then make a decison. Sometimes the perceptions of others may be different from your own.
    I just left ringling about 5 hours ago and I'm hyped (again) about the prospect of attending there next year.

BTW Ms SinfulSaint howz your portfolio going?

Last edited by artmessiah; October 23rd, 2006 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    missing the whole "campus experience".
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It's definitly a differernt experience. I've actually have been talking with a Ringling grad who went to highschool. He graudated from Ringling in 2003 . Here are some things he said about the school from the e-mail: Remember though this is only one opinion and experience.

"Yea, I went to a big universty (Texas) before I went to Ringling, so i kinda got the best of both worlds. I was young for my grade and didnt feel ready to go too far from the folks, so i went to UT and studied StudioArt there. If anything, it made me realize that I needed to goto a school that was serious about art. In fact, my teacher there at UT actually told me i should transfer!"

"But back to the main question---It sounds like you're very good and dedicated to a professional career in art. That is the main thing. The art school is second to that desire. You will prosper at whatever school you decided to goto, because it is the STUDENTS and peers at school that you will learn the most from. Being in an enviornment with all the best artists from different high schools and seeing how they work, and what they do, will make you better. Teh teachers and classes will only give you a place to learn, but will not force you to practice, and to develop on your own. Going into ringlign i thought i was good...but looking back, i can see that i sucked. I didnt know color, compostion, type....not saying im a master now by any means, just that i learned A LOT from going to art school.
    Ringling is different cause its kinda like an art school for the kids that dont like art schools. It's near the beach. the weather is UNREAL. there is a social life. A lot of places, like Rhodeisland and sva are in cold climates...city atmospheres. i think those kids are a bit different in those places. the art is different too...."

"to sum it all up-I would goto ringling again, but i wouldnt party as much! I would suggest CA as a major, if that's an interest (very meticulous process and patience is a MUST...i have neither!)...and I would DEFINITELY suggest design as a major as well.
    It's all about your portfolio though, and that is the biggest secret. No matter what school you attend or where your degree is from, it doesn't matter. It is what you can do. It is about the quality, quantity and uniqueness of your work, your portfolio. Future employers don't look at your degree. It's not like other professions. They look at your work! That is all they care about. If you've got great work, it doesn' t matter if you have a degree from community college or SVA, its all the same! And you can develop a great portfolio by going to state school or staying at home or going to art school. I just feel that art school exposes you to so much more than either of those other places, and will ultimately get you better porfolio and better job than anywhere else. "

Well hope that helps.

Can anyone give me some advice for my portfolio for the computer animation program?

Oh yeah and ArtMessiah... what are you majoring in?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ringling is different cause its kinda like an art school for the kids that dont like art schools. It's near the beach. the weather is UNREAL. there is a social life.
    That fits me so completely and perfectly. I can't stand people who purposely try to be artsy just for the sake of being artsy--you find a lot of that at other schools, especially in state schools that have art programs (at least, in my experience). I think what makes you artsy is your creativity and your work, not how you dress. Art is a lifestyle, not an appearance. I also live up north in a small town, and I can't stand the cold. The winter and fall are my two least favorite times of the year because they're so cold, dark, and miserable. It's even cold in my house because gas prices are so high--usually the thermostat isn't set above 65. Sarasota seems preeetty appealing right about now.

*sigh* I know Ringling is where I want to end up next year, and the more time that passes, the more realistic it becomes. My biggest worry is just figuring out how hard these student loans would be to pay off. I know that I would be at least 60k in debt if I went there--it might be lower once I do some scholarship searching. Does anyone know any Ringling alumni that I could e-mail about this? I'd really appreciate the e-mail address to that Ringling guy, kristinlrn. That is, if he wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstinlrn
    Can anyone give me some advice for my portfolio for the computer animation progra
    Check out that huge repost I made above. I got basically all of that advice from Eric, a pretty well-known Ringling rep. I'm applying for the CA major, too, so that advice should apply to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by artmessiah
    BTW Ms SinfulSaint howz your portfolio going?
    Oh... it's going...haha... I hate that I'm such a procrastinator. So far, I have four pieces for sure. Three others are a little under half-way done. Sooo... yes. Work is ahead of me over these next few months. What about yourself, Mr. Artmessiah?

Last edited by thesinfulsaint; October 23rd, 2006 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by thesinfulsaint
    That fits me so completely and perfectly. I can't stand people who purposely try to be artsy just for the sake of being artsy--you find a lot of that at other schools, especially in state schools that have art programs (at least, in my experience). I think what makes you artsy is your creativity and your work, not how you dress. Art is a lifestyle, not an appearance. I also live up north in a small town, and I can't stand the cold. The winter and fall are my two least favorite times of the year because they're so cold, dark, and miserable. It's even cold in my house because gas prices are so high--usually the thermostat isn't set above 65. Sarasota seems preeetty appealing right about now.

*sigh* I know Ringling is where I want to end up next year, and the more time that passes, the more realistic it becomes. My biggest worry is just figuring out how hard these student loans would be to pay off. I know that I would be at least 60k in debt if I went there--it might be lower once I do some scholarship searching. Does anyone know any Ringling alumni that I could e-mail about this? I'd really appreciate the e-mail address to that Ringling guy, kristinlrn. That is, if he wouldn't mind.
    Honestly no one cares about how you dress or what you look like after high school unless you're going into fashion (and let's face it, CA is the farthest from). So that being said I wouldn't let that state of mind even begin to weigh in on your decision on what school you choose (even though it's pretty clear you're set on Ringling :>).

And yes you will be in debt. But Ringling students have been given starting salaries of up to 60k+ a year at some companies so while the debt is high, the demand for artists is equally so and if you're capable and talented enough, you'll be able to pay off your loans just fine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranthine
    Honestly no one cares about how you dress or what you look like after high school unless you're going into fashion (and let's face it, CA is the farthest from). So that being said I wouldn't let that state of mind even begin to weigh in on your decision on what school you choose (even though it's pretty clear you're set on Ringling :>).
    This is true. Sometimes it's difficult to see life beyond high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranthine
    And yes you will be in debt. But Ringling students have been given starting salaries of up to 60k+ a year at some companies so while the debt is high, the demand for artists is equally so and if you're capable and talented enough, you'll be able to pay off your loans just fine.
    I continue to hear that, and I believe it, but there's still that nervousness of taking out that much money. From what I've seen, though, those extra bucks are worth it. Anywhere else I visit, I get the same lecture--"Well, just so you know, animation is a VERY competetive field." I know that it is, but that doesn't seem to greatly affect Ringling--it looks as though basically everyone either graduates with a job or acquires one fairly soon after graduation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just some notes about the illustration department,
    some people who go here seem to be extraordinarily critical about it. While its not neccessarily getting as much atention as CA from the school, it is still the biggest major and its an extraordinarily tight program, there will always be good and bad teachers but wholestically its seems to be pretty awesome, especially compared to the rest of the world out there.
    Im honestly not complaining because the environment is well worth it.

The myth that everyone gets hired right off the bat seems a lil shady to me, noteably its something the school propogates simply because its good advertisement im not sure how true it all is.

Percentages like that rarily matter it all comes down to how hard you push yourself and how much those around you motivate you. It hard to be a badass physical therapy major, cause if you are, no one cares. But artwork is a whole diffrent game.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm....4 years till I go there, if I'm good enough by then. still a freshman in high school, but in a good arts highschool, hopefully it will count for something...Oh well, 4 years to improve my skill.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by drd
    Hmm....4 years till I go there, if I'm good enough by then. still a freshman in high school, but in a good arts highschool, hopefully it will count for something...Oh well, 4 years to improve my skill.
    Well you better start now! make a sketchbook thread here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Ringling Rep came to my school today and did a little presentation. I asked him to review my portfolio. He thought it was 'interesting' that I was interested in Concept Art but painted so 'classically.' ....I suppose that's a bit cryptic.
    Man, I had an interview with the rep from SCIAD last Friday. He took one look at my work, busted out laughing and said "I don't think Chicago's the right school for you."

Anyway, does anyone at Ringling know a Rad Murzda? He graduated from my HS a few years ago and now attends Ringling.

...Not to frighten you, but four years goes by fast. Draw, draw and draw, but don't burn yourself out.

Blog
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Katfayheirti
    Man, I had an interview with the rep from SCIAD last Friday. He took one look at my work, busted out laughing and said "I don't think Chicago's the right school for you."

what a fucking jerk, I hope hes kidding cause if your going in as a freshman then most certainly as one of the most skilled ones. you havea great sense of lighting but im not sure at a point which are master copies and which arent might wanna be clear with that, and label them as such. "after sargent" is a good little tag to put down the bottom

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had the same kind of experience with them at my portfolio review. The guy kept sort of egging me on, like... "You seem like a weird person. Are you weird? Are you funny? Are you quirky?" What do you say to that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know Rad, mildly. He's merely an acquaintance but I know him :]

And honestly you shouldn't have any problem whatsoever getting into Ringling Katfay. Your portfolio is strong and as Ben said, you have a really good sense of lighting. So you'll be fine.

In general, if you have the drive and the motivation to push yourself as an artist, you will find work. It might be small freelance jobs or it might be full paid salary jobs; it really just depends on who you expose your thesis/portfolio to and what job market you want to target.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what a fucking jerk, I hope hes kidding
    Nope. I must say that I was laughing too, but maybe only out of anxiety. This has been my experience with the 'Fine Art' community so far. I list the name "NC Wyeth" as one of my inspirations and it's like a black cloud of disgust crosses their faces.

'Still, it's a good experience, because now I know what schools I definately don't want to go to. Cooper U gave me the same treatment. erg.

Oh, and I thought I labled all of the master copies....hmmm...I'll have to take care of that. They won't be in my portfolio, though.....unless I mail in my sketchbook.

I had the same kind of experience with them at my portfolio review. The guy kept sort of egging me on, like... "You seem like a weird person. Are you weird? Are you funny? Are you quirky?" What do you say to that?
    Yeah...he's the 'quirky' one, really. The only thing the rep liked was my picture of flying trefoils. He was like "I wish your whole portfolio was like this, but I get the feeling this picure is just a joke to you." What do you say to comments like that? I guess you've just got to wing it. (and God forbid something 'ignorant' tumbles out of your mouth)

I know Rad, mildly. He's merely an acquaintance but I know him :]

And honestly you shouldn't have any problem whatsoever getting into Ringling Katfay. Your portfolio is strong and as Ben said, you have a really good sense of lighting. So you'll be fine.
    Heh, Rad's a pretty awesome kid. He and another guy named Kahlid used to do 'drive by shootings' with supersoakers.

[nyis]Thanks about the portfolio stuff. I'm definately entheusiastic and motivated, so I'll make the most of the classes wherever I end up. For now, I'll try to stop worrying, and just maybe I'll manage to convince my mom that student loans are not the end of the world and should not be what prevent me from going to the right college for me. [/end nieve, young idealist spiel]

Blog
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [nyis]...I'll try to stop worrying, and just maybe I'll manage to convince my mom that student loans are not the end of the world and should not be what prevent me from going to the right college for me. [/end nieve, young idealist spiel]
    I hear you there!!! That's one of the last pieces of the puzzle that I'm struggling with. My parents are convinced that Ringling is a great school--quite possibly the best for Computer Animation, or at least one of the best--but they're not convinced that the money is worth it. Not yet, anyway. My parents are even being devil's advocates by saying, "Oh, well, if you go to the state school, we'll buy you a car, a nice new computer and tablet, and you won't be in debt..." I'm not tempted yet. Maybe it's because I'm also a nieve, young idealist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does anyone know Ringling's policy on submitting digital work in your portfolio? I have a lot of things that ive made with Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator that im very proud of

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarn
    Does anyone know Ringling's policy on submitting digital work in your portfolio? I have a lot of things that ive made with Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator that im very proud of
    I asked the same question to Eric (a rep at Ringling) and he said that it is not a good idea. They prefer to see stuff done traditionally in your submitted portfolio. While he didn't say it's forbidden to put digital artwork in you package - it's best to stay away from photoshop/painter/illustrator stuff. They want to feel as though they can teach you something new as opposed to the attitude that the student is arrogant and knows more than the instructor. Those were his words more or less. If the digital piece is based on life observation and it is good I would include one or two pieces - other than that I would keep them out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by artmessiah
    I asked the same question to Eric (a rep at Ringling)
    I love how everyone simply refers to him as "Eric". So many people know who he is!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey can anyone give me some advice for my portfolio for the CA major at ringling????

click away

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kristinlrn
    Hey can anyone give me some advice for my portfolio for the CA major at ringling????

click away
    Cool stuff. Looking at all the pieces though, I'd have to ask you why do you want to be a CA major ?

The other thing is that I really think you should start drawing in form (maybe you already do, but I didnt see that in the portfolio). Look at good pencil tests from Sergio Pablos, Glen Keane, and James Baxter. Drawing for animation is not the same as copying something from life, or photos.
    One of the pieces that stood out to me was the one with the bluish trees, and the swan or whatever. I think that shows that you are able to take in information from reality and process it. And in itself that piece just looks like it has a certain style to it.

Figure drawing is nice, but as you do more of it, try to have some sort of emotion and gesture driving the whole drawing, rather than just showing the surface representation. All the rendering stuff is essential, but I think that should be secondary to the emotion portrayed. You have to give life to your drawings.

But yeah, I really dont think that you should have any trouble getting in, unless they have some sort of weird problems with you.

Materials I'd recommend:

You might as well start reading the Walt Stanchfield notes from his class at Disney:
    http://www.animationmeat.com/notes/w...anchfield.html

They're free online and theres a huge chance that your RSAD CA teachers will be handing them out, or they might not. Either way, check them out.

And also get Preston Blair's Cartooning for Animation. This book has a lot of solid information.

Both of these resources were recommended by Joe Moshier when he gave a presentation at RSAD.

Disregard most of the things I've said if you want to do realistic CG

Good Luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, to answer your question about the CA major... looking at my work I ask myself the same question too probably because I recently moved into that direction. To be honest... I'm bored with my work. I want to move in a new direction. About 80% of all my work on that web site is from the beginning of last year and to be honest I am extremely bored with it. I also got into this whole photo realistic thing last year and couldn't break away from it. And i actually think its not that impressive any more. Some of them were projects (like the two self portraits) which had to be photo realisitc. I know what you mean with emotions.. I definitely need to work on that. And understanding movement and form is exactly what im getting into now. Im refusing to work from pictures anymore this year. I mean I haven't had a ton of experience with computer animation... but i know from doing what i have done in it.. i really love doing it, muchh more than doing painting or drawing. It's fairly new to me.. and i know its going to be challenging... but I really need that challenge. Right now im just worried about getting in. Are you currently at ringling? If so do you think you could tell me about the CA major and the school?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello friends, I just visited RSAD last weekend and took some of my stuff to show an addmissions rep. He basically told me none of my stuff is what they are looking for and to get to work. I'm working on a few different things in pencil. I would appreciate if you could tell me if I'm even on the right track. Or if my skill level is even close to what is needed for the CA program. Gotta tell you I'm a little discouraged after seeing the work other people have been posting!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jmark's; November 1st, 2006 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there, Jmark! As far as subject matter goes, I think this is pretty much the kind of stuff Ringling likes to see. At least, that was the impression that I got from the Ringling rep I talked to when he looked at my portfolio. However, I think you need to spend more time on your portfolio pieces. For instance, how long did you spend on that piece? Two hours? Maybe three? I think at the very beginning of this thread, Hett reccommended that you spend at least 6 hours on every piece of artwork that you put into your portfolio. Personally, I'd recommend that you spend 10-15 hours on each--even more, if you're willing. The more time you put into it, the more the Ringling reps will be impressed (that is, as long as it's valuable time on a decent piece!).

Also, watch your lights and darks. When using gray scale, your darkest value should be pitch black while your lightest value should be pure white. I would recommend going back in with a white colored pencil to add in your high lights while darkening up your darkest values with graphite. You could also go over every thing with white and black charcoal. If you do that, though, make sure you go over all of the graphite because a mixture of graphite and charcoal usually looks pretty bad.

Another thing I would suggest is that you do some thumbnail sketches before you really commit to a piece. That way, you can figure out a really strong composition before you add in a ton of detail and change your mind. The composition here is all right, but I think it could have been a lot stronger if you had done something like make the view moreso from Tigger's point of view. The truck would have seemed far more forbidding if you had drawn it that way.

I hope that was helpful and not too critical! Good luck with your Portfolio. I'm applying for the CA major of '07, as well.

Last edited by thesinfulsaint; October 30th, 2006 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot for the pointers, that's a good idea with the white an black. I'm getting right on that. Definitely not too critical...I can take more if you have it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I've darkened it up a bit with graphite, but I can't get white colored pencils to show up. I even tried pastels. I was thinking about just using a little white paint for my highlights. What do you think? Do you think this piece is even worth including in my portfolio?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.