Art: hiya. (oct 31, '06)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: hiya. (oct 31, '06)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hiya. (oct 31, '06)

The newest artwork uploads are found at the bottom of this post. CnC needed. Tnx!

~ahbeejieh.

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by jbballaran; October 31st, 2006 at 03:27 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey wow. these are great. I really dig that first one...i'd even put that on my wall. it's a very neat environment.

If i were to say anything...maybe it could use a detailed foreground. Maybe position those two figures a little bit closer (or even light that platform a little stronger) so that the viewers eye can rest on something, take in the detail and then move on around the piece.

very cool.

My Sketchbook :: Phantasmagoria
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Illustration Portfolio :: jasonsnair.carbonmade.com
    Design Portfolio :: jasonsnairdesign.carbonmade.com
    My Blog -- Feed Me Toast!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you got some nice pieces here!

The one thing I would crit about these is that a little more value could be brought out, particularly the first one. It is slightly washed out, making it harder for me to see detail or just seeing things 'pop'. I like the first one a lot, but I feel like there could be more shadows/highlights, perhaps in the mountains and side structure to bring in some depth.

otherwise, keep up the great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Regarding the first pic - it's a great subject matter and I really get the mood of all that misty water vapour and all that iron work but I get the impression that compositionally it could be improved by making the image landscape ratio instead of portrait and adding in some foreground on each side of the existing image.
    What you have there is like an amatuer photographer zoomed right in on the scene and just wanted to capture that specific part of the potential scene. If there were [say] big imposing cliffs each side of the image it would magnify the sense of perspective and give the focus of the image a lot more sense of 'huge' scale - IMO.

Love the colours on theother pics btw.

Cheers,
    Bliz::..

www.anthonyrosbottom.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason Snair: More detail on foreground.
    >Yes, the foreground could use a lil more emphasis.

Moraisins: Needs more depth with contrasting values.
    >I actually wanted the piece to look washed out to get a feel for the waterfall... But you're right, the image does look flat without the foreground standing out.

Bliz: Landscape format could work better.
    >I thought the portrait format would emphasize the height of the falls and keep the focus there. But I guess landscape format is still best for environmental art. The big imposing cliffs on each side of the image on a landscape format sounds like a better image

Tnx guys for your CnCs. I've still got a lot to learn. Hope to see you guys again on my next posts.

~peace.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think portrait could work on that pic if you extended down by quite a bit to get some vertigo sensation from the viewer. In my head I'm thinking back to some of the Fifth Element concept art though I don't have any at hand to use as a reference.

Cheers,
    Bliz::..

www.anthonyrosbottom.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliz
    I think portrait could work on that pic if you extended down by quite a bit to get some vertigo sensation from the viewer. In my head I'm thinking back to some of the Fifth Element concept art though I don't have any at hand to use as a reference.
    >Haven't seen 5th element's concept artworks yet. If I extend some more, the canvas might get too long for the viewer man. Focus will be lost. But yeah, I think I see what you're going for with the vertigo thing. That might require a 3 pt. perspective... Just a little tilt of the camera towards the bottom there perhaps. Yeh I think that sounds good. Might try that out in the future. I really don't know if I can handle an environment in 3 pt. perspective yet.

Tnx Bliz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last one has some incredible detail going on, and I love the idea of the summoning of "storm Amazons" or whatever they are. Really interesting. The one before-which reminded me of a Triceratops-is interesting, and I love the detail of the crest [?], but it seems to be a bit muddy, especially towards the right. Perhaps it's intended.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3th one = incredibly strong image, definitly a favorite.
    The rest however doesn't tickle my fancybone.

But keep up the good work however, definitly wanne see more like the 3th one if possible

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tnx for your comments J_absinthe and Melancholie.

3rd one's the "Shokoy", the Filipino counterpart of the Merman. They are regarded as ugly creatures here in our country. That's why he's hiding his face away from the light. The green on the right side of the pic's suppose to hint at seaweeds or moss... But I guess it turned out muddy.

Tnx again guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.