Sketchbook: - Meli's Sketchbook - Not Quite so Frequently Updated, yet Lemony Fresh! - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: - Meli's Sketchbook - Not Quite so Frequently Updated, yet Lemony Fresh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are some very nice designs in here, huge inspiration!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I love the one that is your avatar!! I think it is anyway - the horse with wings! Way cool! your sketches art beautiful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your art is beautiful, but it seems like it's been awhile since you've updated... I'd like to see some more of your digital paintings :0

My Bloggins

Mat Kaminski's Sketchbook

Sketchbooks love Critiques, give a crit, get a crit! (tm)

|| SSG -- Riley Stark | Ian Barker | Damien Levs | triggerpigking ||

The CRIMSON DAGGERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for the severe lack of updates, but here's a piece I did the other night. I never feel like publishing anything in Finally Finished since it never looks like it belongs so... yeah, in my sketchbook it stays.

Anyway, this is a character who I dreamed about a long time ago (I think back in 02), but I came across some old sketches and decided to do a better picture of her. In order to understand why she's got a ribbon coming out of her head, I'll have to fill you in on the dream. However, this is just a very quick version since I can't find the whole thing I can cut and paste in.

A woman and two men came across this tavern where the barkeeper told them not to go down into the basement. He said that evil things lurked down there and those who ventured there never returned. Feeling as though they could best the beast lurking in the depths of the cellar, the trio unlocked the door and went down.

At the bottom of the stairs was a very old, haggard witch. This particular witch enjoyed creating things of immense beauty, but in order for her to do so, she had to kill the current bodies that the living resided in. Each one of the adventurers was slain, but using her magic, she transformed them each into magnificent beings. After the woman was transformed into her new body, I became her, seeing everything through her eyes. Leaving the basement via a secret exit, I wandered the vast city.

Eventually in all my wanderings, I met up with this Roman like emperor. He looked at me funny, asking me if he knew me and said there was something familiar about me. As if he had seen me many times before. I had no clue what he was talking about, when my body had changed, so had my memories, but he eventually invited me to his palace. I went there, and after small polite chat, he led me back into this secret chamber which opened up into a large cave. There he turned very angry with me, yelling and shouting at me and demanding to know my name. I can't remember if I was afraid or upset, but all I know was my silence made him even more furious. Before I knew it, he grabbed me by my shawl then grasped the horn on my head. Quickly he yanked it from my forehead, and all at once, I was transported out of the woman's body as suddenly ribbons and magical sparks flew about in a blackness.

There I was observing the young man, standing there alone and staring at the horn still in his hand. Suddenly he crashed to his knees and buried his face in his hands, then began to weep realizing who it was she reminded him the most; his sister who he'd lost many years ago. His anger and impatience had caused him to undo the witches magic, and destroy his dear sibling who he had missed so much.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Meli Hitchcock; December 29th, 2008 at 12:59 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Meli!

It was great meeting you at Reverie. Hope you had a safe trip back. Looking forward to future updates to your sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, so here's your sketchbook. I actually hadn't seen a lot of your older stuff on here.

Not posting since January?? Tsk, tsk, get to work, woman!

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.