Thanks

Musical phenomena

Hi. Just wanted to show you two interesting things. One is 4 years old drummer. Just look at him, what he can do.
    His sound maybe a bit woody, monotone, but sense of rhythm is amazing for his age.

And the second is the man performing Amazing Grace. He is in Guinness book of records, the lowest bass, the lowest voice in the world. He can make music sounds below 8 Hz, the human ear can't hear below 20Hz, but can recognize, feel its presence.
    Meaning his voice descends lower, but for us he stays on the same lowest pitch we can hear. The mechanical sensors records the frequency though.

Oh, his voice is beautiful, so velvet and deep. When they sing together in the end of the video, without any instruments with his bass is a base for higher voices, I just feel so happy, I wish I could hear them singing in real life. Hope you will enjoy both.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fE_PFpWPQ5Y Young boy, prodigy,

Edit, it was a wrong link:. http://youtube.com/watch?v=l6sA179IWFA The lowest voice in the world.

and information about him for one who wants to know
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Storms
    Last edited by sve; September 17th, 2006 at 01:57 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    that kid playing drums. oh my god. If he were in a band right now, they just might take over the world, though it would probably be horrible for his development if VH1's shows on child stars have taught me anything.
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Oh Sve, great find! I love seeing child prodigies like this - kinda puts the "people aren't born with talent" argument into question though...!

There was a similar article on CNN.com about savants, one of whom was a 14 year old autistic jazz pianist. Check out the videos of him performing. When the interviewer asks what he wants to do with his life, his response is so perfect: "I'm gonna continue with what I'm doing, just make it bigger!"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    cool finds sve. the deep singing man reminds me of swedish real group. they're not exactly phenomenon,but they're damn good (imo) and that bass singer is pretty sweet aswell.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Interesting finds sve. The little drummer reminds me of a similar video: Tony Royster Jr. performing an insane drum solo at the age of 12. http://youtube.com/watch?v=WPncumXZExo check it out if you haven't seen it already!
    http://www.sakuhatakka.com/ - image portfolio

Thanks
    or Jacob Armen at 7:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I8cvKImVadE

watching these got me down into the basement to do a little drumming today for the first time in some months (which sounded quite ass after watching these kids, but what can you do)
    Last edited by DavePalumbo; September 17th, 2006 at 03:40 PM.
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    wow the guy can sing low, i had to stop half way through my subwoofer couldn't take it , was vibrating all over the place. the kid was pretty cool too, i hope he doesnt do damage to his bones or ligiments or whatever.

Thanks
    Thank you all so much for cool links, I enjoyed all of them.
    Thanks Steph, hehe, got hit on his head and became a prodigy. Makes girl think.
    Carnifex, thank you double for this swedish group, I would say they are phenomenal. It was a real treat listening to them and their improvisation of Beatles song, it was a pleasure, great improvisation and I love my students' years idols. I wonder, when the guy imitated the solo guitar with his voice, was it done with treating his voice with synthesizer or it was a pure voice. The women voices sound like musical instruments too. Thank you again. I'm glad you posted the links.

Hey, Spats . OMG, this kid is insane, strong as an ox and performed such a long and rhythmically complex improvisation. The shooting from above when the sticks are flying in his hands, that's surreal.

Hey, DavePalumbo, You played drums. Interesting.
    And thanks for the link, especially ending of his improvisation was impressive. And how deep they feel music, much more than adults i think. Some wrote the comments about him t"he freakiest nerd I ever saw", hahaha.

Tobin You and your subboofer made my smile, hehe.

Thanks
    You played drums. Interesting
    these kids play drums. let's just say I hit things with sticks really hard

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)