Thanks

Reedís Sketchbook

Hey everyone Iím looking forward to hearing all the comments you guys have on my sketches! Sorry it took me so long between my introductory post and finally getting this thing up and working. For those who did not see my introductory post ill give you all a heads up of what was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Reed
    I'm an undergrad junior illustration major at a small state school in NY. I love concept art, video games, and the like and would be highly interested in pursuing a carrier in the field. Last semester i had an extremely troubling time coming to terms with my current artistic endeavors. I ended up proving to myself that i pretty much hate most of the work that I did before that point, with a few exceptions of course. I was also highly criticized by my professors for my stylistic approach and shallow concepts. Pretty much I was freaking out. I've now come to terms with my past mistakes and intend on kicking the shit out of my future. This is where you guys come in...

I'm coming to you now in order to try and help me recover from hell. I will be very active in the critique center starting very soon, posting WIP's and sketches to try and figure out my direction. I will be posting most of the work I'm doing for my two art studio classes (intermediate drawing and painting and Illustration 1) for further criticism from you guys, i would greatly appreciate some help.

For a little more background, I am a strong believer in a good balance between traditional media and knowledge mixed with an understanding of the digital. In my work I strive for the extension of traditional styles with digital means. I worship artists such as Craig Mullins, Samwise, and a long list that I have been fortunate enough to see on this site. I'm good with a pencil and ballpoint pen; I use Photoshop (CS2) and am getting familiar with Corel Painter (9) as we speak.
    So with that all taken care of id likes to move on into the meat of things. Prepare for sketches.

More writen comment to be filled in here later.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ill be first to say those werent supposed to be that big....ill be shrinking them down sorry guys

K there smaller, im quick

Thanks
    Welcome to the sketchbooks!

If it's help you're after than i'd reccomend posting in here and the critique centre as both section have helped me a lot recently.

I really like you pencil portrait. Nice values and rendering, but your colour work can sometimes look a bit muddy and jumbled. The latest ones seem to be addressing that somewhat though.

Post more!

Thanks
    thanks man! ill be over in the crit center for my projects, ill probably be making my first post tommorow for that, i have a few things i want torn to shreds.

Thanks
    Alright time to start plugging away at new stuff on here.

This is two pages from my actual sketch book. You can see its littered with my notes from my Computer science overview course. The problem with going to a state school; general education requirments. Unfortunatly for general education its forced to fight the sketches for page space. It looses most of the time. This was one day in Comp Sci overview of sketching. The bottom is a little digital sketch that came out of these. This was my perspective work for COW #067 which I ended up not having near enough time to finnish.

Thanks
    Nice start to your sketch book. I definately agree that you self portrait is your strongest peice. I also like your dragon. It has alot of character.

Keep it up man
    C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man