Geisha part deux
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Geisha part deux

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Geisha part deux

This is a rework of something I did forever ago as a C.H.O.W. entry. I decided to re-draw it as a portfolio piece, but I'm having difficulty getting the skin to not look like plastic. It's a continuing problem I have whenever I draw people, and all the color choices and smudging in the world can't seem to fix it. If anyone has any tips on the matter, or on anything else you see that needs fixing in this piece, I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks muchly!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im not sure what medium you are using but i find this post Here on concepts is quite insiteful, plus do more blending and don't be afraid to use more white. Smoth it out and play with it a little bit. Make sure to use your light sorce and take advantage of it. If you can use a photograph of differnt skin tones to get the one you want. Skin tones are difficult so don't get fustraited. Take it slow. If you have to, get a practice peice of canvice out and play with it until you get the tone your after and then put it on your portrait that way it doesnt get too muddied.

I hope it helps you out a little.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.