atuo switched layers? does that make sense...

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

atuo switched layers? does that make sense...

Okay...new issue...every once in a while Corel IX decides it wants to paint on a different layer than the one I want to be working on...now I have for quite a while just thought it was me...I must be switching layers on accident, whatever...now I know that it is not. I'm not sure if there is an option turned on/off or what I need to do to remedy this, but I'll be painting away and realize that my color isn't working right, or blending correctly, and what do you know..all of a sudden I am painting on my canvas or other unspecified layer. Is this a gremlin...a ghost in my box, ARGH!!! Somebody please help, I can't keep redoing all this work...ps..is there a way to undo infinitely?

My mind shall idle, and the devil shall call...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To answer your question about Layers, we'll need more specific information.

Describe the details of one or two example scenarios so we can try to reproduce your problem and figure out an answer.

No, the maximum number of Undo's is 32.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there are 3 layers- the canvas, layer 2, and layer 3 I want to paint on. I'll be painting away and I have caught it between a switch from brush to eraser or after a save maybe, I'm not really sure which its so random the moment is lost as it happens. (I'll keep a better eye out for exactly what I have done before the switch takes place...)It's not consistant tho, sometimes it'll jump to a new layer, usually it won't. When it does auto switch it depends on the mood of my program it seems, cause it will switch to any other layer, not just the canvas or layer 2. Its really whimsical and I don't know if this has done a very good job explaining the issue but I'm keeping a close eye on it and will add any info that helps describe the problem...thanks Jin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

I just did a quick test:

1. Opened a new white Canvas.
    2. Created a new Layer and painted with red on the Layer (Layer 1).
    3. Created another new Layer and painted with magenta on that Layer (Layer 2).
    4. Highlighted Canvas in the Layers palette.
    5. With the Layer Adjuster tool, clicked on the red brushstroke and Layer 1 was highlighted in the Layers palette.
    6. Highlighted Canvas in the Layers palette.
    7. With the Layer Adjuster tool, clicked on the magenta brushstroke and Layer 2 was highlighted in the Layers palette.

See if that's the cause of your inadvertently switching Layers.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Checking it out...thanks...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If I leave painter open and open up another program, internet for eg. it will sometimes switch to canvas but not always, which is manageable since I just have to remember to check everytime I re-enter painter. However this is only one instance solved. I know it has happened in between switching from brush to eraser. Now I have never used my layer adjuster tool before today, and I can't get it to switch layers when I try your test...what is this tool for? lol...so I don't think this is the issue I am having...hmmm, very curious...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, gauranteed bugg...I opened a new layer, began painting on it and without switching tools or programs, halfway through my set of strokes, it switched to my canvas. I save often because of this recurring issue and lock all of my layers so it tells me if it switches to a locked layer, but not when it switches to the canvas. In short, I am working around the issue with medium inconvenience but this really is the strangest thing....I believe it truly is a curse beset upon me. When I work in Maya, i get issues no one has ever seen before and now it has drifted into Painter!! Ha!! Whatever you do...don't let me touch your computer....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This time I was working one layer for quite a while, I sampled a few shades, went back to painting, used my space bar to move the page without changing my brush in any other way, and my next brush stroke went to the locked layer one step above my target layer....for a second there, I was starting to second guess myself, as if there were a perfectly good explanation for this occurance...like me perhaps...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.