Thanks

Mountain Gorilla Warrior

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Jason Borne; September 17th, 2006 at 03:20 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nicely done, one crit though is that all his weight is to the front and also doesn't have anything solid to really support him, so i'm getting the impression he's going to fall off or slip pretty soon.

Thanks
    This is very well done, but I have to agree with sciboy, in that because of the ape's placement on the precipice, and with the weight of the axe he is holding, he would fall over.

Thanks
    striking mountains, great job there!
    Noticing the little snowcloud thing on his far left leg I assume he's not supposed to be standing there but rather walking/running towards the viewer? It's hard to tell from only looking at the rest of him, though.
    Maybe some motion blur (sounds stupid, how do I describe this?) could help?
    Some varying lineweight at the end of the axe (where the sun hits it) could maybe improve the image as well. ?

All in all it's a good one. I also like the fur a lot!

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate it.

Thanks
    its well drawn and i like the idea haha- but the mountains in the back are more detailed than the gorilla- the whole framing isnt helping your piece much either. its something i struggle with, making the perspective straight on all the time... if he's huge, maybe a more dynamic up-shot woulda' been better suited, and the bg could be way less detailed, just brush strokes or whatever so the piece would have more depth. AAAND as for the concepts itself, where'd the giant ape find a giant axe and armor? from a character design standpoing and to help scale, i think itda been a ton more interesting if the ape had armor made of like a bunch of tree trunks tied together or whatever so that he really seems huge- on second look the axe is even too big for him... youre really not selling the idea that he's big by doing that.

man i just wrote a whole page lol- sorry bro, not pickin on ya- just trying to help- nice work.
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ www.BADiDEAfactory.com ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Thanks
    It's cool Ragnar. I see what you mean. I have always struggled to find that perfect level of completeness. When I get into it I'll render the poop out of everything. I definately intended for the mountains to be much more generically representaitonal but, as is often the case with me, I got carried away.

Also I didn't intend for the gorilla to look enormous. Actually I wanted him to be traditional gorilla sized. I failed in apply some form of scale reference. I think it would have helped it I had put a tree in the foreground or something like that.

I really appreciate the depth of consideration. That's the kind of thing that we can all use to build on.

Thanks Ragnar.