Thread: Newbie Here

Thanks

Newbie Here

I really don't know much about sketching and creating characters. I'm very familiar with Photoshop 7, but with more of the 'techy' things you'd see at deviantart.com.
    (exp. Electric and Fire Dweller )
    But now I have found myself more interested in what goes on around here. I loved the Thunderdome entries, they simply amazed me. One thing for me though is I'm not big into real painting on a canvas, I'd much rather do Photoshop work on the computer, is that where most of the images I see here come from? I'm ready to start learning and practicing to someday be like most people here.

After saying that, I have a question I'm sure you've heard many times, where do you suggest I start. Are there any good books on Photshop'ing characters? Coloring tutorials? How to sketch people? Anything advice would help. I'm sure I'm going to have some fun.

-Eclipsen

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hello, welcome to the forums

i like the stuff you linked to up there, ive always been a fan of that kinda stuff, but never been able to do it myself

as far drawing and everythign goes, have a look at the life drawing and guest self portrait galleries. there seems to be a general consensus that drawing from life is pretty much the best way to improve.

as far as links go, again, have a look in the links forum, theres more there than i could sum up for ya in one thread.

oh yeah, most of the stuff here is done digitally using a wacom tablet and procreates painter. of course theres plenty of stuff done with traditional media too, but i believe most, if not all, the thunderdome entries were done digitally.

Thanks
    Thanks, I really appreciate the help. I'm glad someone replied here (I had also posted in another sub-forum and got feedback). Great bunch of people around here and I'll put to use all the advice I've received.

Thanks
    hi - i am killing.people
    nice to meet you. cool stuff! i use deviantart too.
    hope to see more of you, your art is different from what usually get posted up here, which is cool.
    -killing