2D & 3D Artists needed for post work in Bellingham, WA
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 2D & 3D Artists needed for post work in Bellingham, WA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post 2D & 3D Artists needed for post work in Bellingham, WA

NW Film Studios is looking for 2D & 3D artists for post-production work on the low-budget film 'Bullet Face.'

Work will consist mostly of creating dark, dank city environments in the form of matte paintings & 3D set extensions, as well as some 3D creature FX. Think a slightly less bent version of Sin City.

We're looking to fill 2 positions:

2D Matte Painter
    ----------------
    You will create roughly 30 static matte paintings, mostly of stylized building exteriors & tall cityscapes.

No prior film experience is necessary.

We prefer someone living in Seattle or Bellingham, but we'll consider working long-distance. Work begins in late October and will continue through February. You will receive $15 an hour, paid bi-weekly.

3D Artist
    ----------------
    You will work in Maya to create 1) convincing, lifelike humanoid creatures and 2) 3D set extensions based on existing Sketchup models of partial sets.

Motion tracking experience is a must (Boujou / Moujou preferred). Prior film experience is preferred but not necessary if you have experience combining your work with live-action footage.

Work begins as soon as you're available and will continue through February. You will receive $15 an hour, paid bi-weekly.

You must be able & willing to work on location with us in Bellingham at least 3 days a week. (This will probably be a deal-breaker for a lot of you but hey, at least you'll be using a kick-ass workstation.)

Send your portfolios here:
    railboy@atomicagedog.com

Cheers,
    - Lars Simkins

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    $15 an hour painting around 30 matte paintings on a job that could go through February. Let’s see that works out to $1,200 every two weeks minus taxes so let's say $900 bi weekly. How many mattes are you looking for on a weekly basis?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Maurice;

It'll be roughly 2 matte paintings a week, though several will be the same location with a different lighting scheme. They'll also be stylized, not photoreal. Depending on the skillset of our 3D artist we may ask you to help out with a few textures as well.

If you're concerned about money I wouldn't take the job, in all honesty. It's better than survival pay but it WILL be a marathon.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Railboy for your response to my question. I was not inquiring for the job but was just curious. The requirements seemed like a tall order but I do hope you can find someone that can fill it.

Matte paintings as you may know is a specialize skill and is usually not an easy position to fill. Try also posting for a matte painter on: http://www.mattepainting.org/

I’m a member but you don’t need to be to post on this site. This is a site dedicated to matte painters.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Position Filled

The 2D matte painter position has been filled - Thanks to everyone who sent in their portfolios.

The 3D artist position is still open.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3D Art job in Bellingham, WA

The 3D art position in Bellingham sounds interesting. How much experience do you require for the job? I have a little 3D game development experience building meshes and such with Maya, 3D Studio, Milkshape, Anim8tor, etc. I've been considering moving to Bellingham (I'm in Mill Creek, WA) and could do so in about 2 months. Is the job still available?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sneermaster

Sneermaster - go ahead and send me an email & we can get a dialog going.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.