*Updated* Chic w/ jetpack in progress
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: *Updated* Chic w/ jetpack in progress

Phait Guest

Post *Updated* Chic w/ jetpack in progress

Pt 2.

I think this is an improvement over my last girl. This is also from reference photo.

Markers test... still learning how to properly use these..

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice drawing. it has a much more convincing pose than your last one. first thing you may want to look at is the thickness of the thighs. the character's right thigh is a bit on the thin side. also you may want to turn her head just a little bit so that it isn't straight-on. take a look at her right shoulder...you'll need to correct the length and the point where the deltoid and bicep connect. also the breasts are too low. unless she has dd cups, most breast are stretched upwards when the arms are raised.

marker rendering is one of THE most difficult things to do. one mistake and its time to start over again. make sure you don't use your original inking and start very light...10% grey, and work your way up to black. when i work with greys i go 10...30...50...70...90...black.

good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice drawing! i saw the problem with the right shoulder, but my knowledge of anatomy wasn't good enough to tell you exactly what was wrong, so i went wading through pictures of naked girls (it was such a chore!), and found a couple with arms in similiar poses that i thought might help.

these are all links in the references forum, posted by Davi in the Nude Reference Thread. <caution nudity>

this one is most relevent i think

http://domai.com/news/2002/oct4/michaela-15.jpg
    http://www.netaxs.com/~asya/photo/fan10.jpg
    not so good because she's lying down, not upright

none of these are the exact same pose, but i hope they help anyways.

Phait Guest
    Good point about the breasts - a friend pointed out the shoulder too, it's something I wasn't sure of.. as for the thighs, I don't want to go too thick like I did with the last one, they seem alright to me.. in the ref pic they're pretty much that size, but in jeans that aren't that tight

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.