0 0%
  • ferak seg

6 16.22%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

EOW 31 - Underground: VOTING

Arttorney

"Just when I began to think I could go no further, we rounded a pillar and I could see by the light of Huntington-Smythe's electric torch that we had come to a big enough room. Now if only it was deep enough that The Lobos wouldn't find us before we tended to Dugan's wounds and replaced the dressing on my own. We really needed some time."

-----------

Squarepixel

"With light shining upon the city of Lafade the water from the ocean sits peacefully among the rocky walls of the cave. A historic monument of peace and tranquility; the land of Urusa has welcomed this for a 100 years after the war of brutal war of Crin."

------------
    Idiot Apathy

"Father" said the boy with a confused tone, "I thought you said no-one had been down here in years". "No-one has son" the man replied. "Then where did he come from" the boy asked as he turned and pointed to the hanging corpse. "That man" the father paused, "that man was put down here years ago for unspeakable crimes, crimes so grave that his torture was to endure the maddening sounds of the cascading waterfalls while the crows slowly pecked him to death. He was force fed in order to prolong his torment for days" The father sighed, he couldn't imagine how sorry a death that must be.

The boy had wandered closer to the corpse as the father spoke, "Father?" The boy said once again with a quizicle tone, "I thought you said no-one had been down here in years." "Yes, son - I just got through saying that" replied the father, beginning to wonder why he had brought the boy with him on this expedition. "But dad, this man doesn't look dead at all!" The boy shrieked.

The corpse spoke up "That's because I'm not - well this vessel is, but I am not this vessel, I've been waiting for quite some time now for another host. I can't thank you both enough for coming, these crows make for bad company."

------------
    Red Rook

>>>>xenos.154.gold<<<<
    Scheduled Report
    The series of tunnel collapses have cut us off from silver and amber groups. The infestation of Old London seems to be fairly widespread, yet the tunnel system is remarkably traversable, we seem to have moved on from the more frail parts and are now heading towards the surface. Dr. Gustavo seems to have lost his mind he keeps trying to wander away on his own, maybe its the spores. God knows the air is thick with them I can even taste them. I'm terrified of what the surface will look like, especially since we have been meeting more and more hatchlings the further up we go.

>>>>xenos.154.gold<<<<
    Scheduled Report
    Gustavo and Schnabel have dissapeared we aren't entirely sure what happend, but there is only one route they could have followed, if they are still alive we will find them. There is light further on ahead, we may have reached the surface and get the hell out of here, we are going to investigate.

>>>>xenos.154.gold<<<<
    Scheduled Report Missed

>>>>xenos.154.gold<<<<
    Scheduled Report Missed

>>>>xenos.154.gold<<<<
    Terminated

--------------
    chrike

World War III was in it´s fifth year when the largest thermonuclear device ever built by human beings was launched.
    It´s destructive power was more than 150 times of the Tsar Bomb of the Soviet Union tested during the cold war and it set the world on fire.
    Billions died and those who survived were forced to move under the surface of the planet to escape from hell above.
    Their new underground habitat is still under construction but fortunately the radiation protection system´s already working.

----------------
    chaosrocks

The troup had been underground for days, searching for the renegades through endless caverns, their lights were getting dim, when they saw, what appeared to be daylight through a GLORIOUS ARCHWAY. blinded by the light they surged forward......

------------------
    Panagos

At the northern edge of the great dwarven city the glow and bustle of the metropolis abruptly end. A deep chasm cuts across the thoroughfares and though bridges extend to the opposite side, the radiant city does not. Across the chasm lies the Dead City, the burial ground for those dwarves whose souls have gone to join the Guardians in the eternal war.

---------------
    Hideyoshi

"We have reached the 9th Sub-level now and are descending upon the remnants of the old city in the 2nd Omega quadrant.. The light is barely managing to penetrate through down here and all we hope is that the 'Marders' haven't spotted us so far.
    This is gonna be a nightmare..."

------------------

yAdam

The underground lab was run by a group of rebels that had kidnapped his wife! He tried to remember the code to open the door, but he just stood there, struggling to to think of the numbers....

-----------------
    costeen

After the chaos produced by a hiper-nuclearwar, this underground facilty is the only one left which can support life. The inhabitants are the former employes of AREA 51 secret labs. There are also ships used to gather food and other materials, from the few places left uncontaminated

-------------------
    vince22

Welcome visitor to the Linardi Corporation’s automated underground mining operations. You are now viewing lab number five, this is where raw ore is sorted and analyzed before further processing.

-------------------

Genital Eclipse

It wasn't until years later that the kids realized following Diego and Senorita Maria throughout the vast caverns to the orphanage was probably a bad idea.

--------------------
    Destinatus

Sperlunking through the caves on the remote island of Mynzania, he found himself somewhere totally alien to anything he had seen before. The expansive underground city appeared as though the inhabitants have lived there for centuries unknown to mankind.

-------------------
    Stokes

An underground research facility built to research how researching underground effects the human labido.

--------------------
    RuRuRet

After excavation of the temple of Solomon a large key stone was removed and beneath it laid the truth all humans have searched for, the truth that had been suppressed for so long. The society was tremendously advanced and dated back thousands of years and with the recovery of their ancient data we learned that this city was the epicenter of the planet. Twisted and destroyed by what our own mythologies called the war of the gods, this sacred center was buried far beneath the sands of time so no human could ever remember the truth of its tyranny.

---------------
    ferak seg

I can tell you what happened here. I won't have the strengh to go downstairs to see by myself.

----------------

some amazing works in here! wowzah

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are some really good (and numerous) entries in this one -- it was a tough choice. Ultimately, I went for Squarepixel's because his was the only one that really gave me a sense of underground atmosphere. Stokes gets bonus points for the description, though (it's also a really nice picture, but doesn't look underground, same with Hideyoshi's piece -- i think it's the lighting).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is one awesome round! close between Hideyoshi, Genital eclipse and Ferak Seg. Though ts a great job from ALL. Whent for Hideyoshis'. Just brilliant, them colors and all...

Father Christmas will mess you up.
    Deviantart-page
    its my SKETCHBOOK! first page last page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Genital Exclipse 'cause I really got a feeling of being underground. I'm not sure what it was about it, maybe the texture against the background and being an overall dark picture. Stokes was a close second because of the technical skill and attention to detail, but didn't seem very underground to me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dear Friends,
    Stokes; I really love your style, all the technical detail and rendering but still managing to keep it looking loose and fresh! It's always a pleasure to see your entries.
    Chrike; your entry is really strong too. I like the way you've gone for a portrait orientation and your different lighting schemes. I think they maybe compete too strongly though. You might be able to drop the value of one back a bit and use that to draw the eye more to the other.
    Genital Eclipse; I love the layout, lighting and story in yours. I think someone said your descriptions are a bit like a farside comic, they were not far wrong! I like it.
    I gave my vote to Square Pixel however because the painting is just as good as these others but it really REEKS of the underground.
    Regards,
    EtaCarinae

"If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world."
    - Bacon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    idiot apathy for a very grim mood and story

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually didn't quite expect to win, thanks everyone!
    I regard this the best EOW round so far. Gorgeous entries all!!

--(-)|dE--

portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ack, missed voting?! Great round for sure.

Thanks for your votes fedezz and manslauter, I didn't think I'd get any hehe.

Congrats Hideyoshi, I hate you in the best way possible. You should enter the current one and stomp everyone, not nearly enough entries for some reason. Due tomorrow though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool round - wow
    congrats to all...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.