Thread: E.O.W Round 33: VOTING THREAD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

E.O.W Round 33: VOTING THREAD

E.O.W Round 33: VOTING THREAD

TOPIC: Dual Towers

Deadline For Voting: Monday September 18th, 9:11am CET

Please vote for your personal favourite artwork from this round. Please remember that your vote should reflect an equal weight of aesthetic impact, adherance to the brief, and idea development.

Your votes will be public.
    Please help strengthen the activity by leaving criticism for the artist you vote for, and for any other artworks you can manage!

Posting Thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    chaosrocks

The Two towers of Trevatine stand silent now, the once bustling center of worship stands empty, the trees growing up and the vines tearing down the sacred stones. Once the aqueducts fed both towers and the double spray created rainbows and showering sparks of light to bedeck the ceremonies of the matriarchs. The invaders broke the aqueducts and they pour their life giving waters randomly apon the land. Mysteriously the North tower is still a fountain, although as far as anyone can tell it is no longer attached to any source. Maybe some of the magic and the mystery of this place survives.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    arttorney

5/16/32 A band of scavengers made contact today from over the rim. Somehow they had gotten two of the old windmills that generate electricity. I don't know where they got them. I didn't ask. I didn't care. We were able to buy the windmills with most of the copper we had smelted, and we didn't have to give up any of our food. The winds are good at the ramparts of the old scenic overlook and since we dynamited a landslide over the road, the valley people will have a tough climb ahead of them before they can attack. I think we will be able to generate enough power to pump our water without hand pumping and perhaps have some left over as a reserve. I have set the men to looking for some floodlights that still work. We can install them looking downhill from the overlook. In the event of a night attack we can illuminate and blind the enemy. My mind is racing with the possibilities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Genital Eclipse

It wasn't until after Paul '3-feet' Fettertoff purchased his home that he decided to check out what was behind the large rocks in his backyard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    rawwad

Dual Towers - One of many at huge wall around secret military Russian base in Siberia. None know what is behind there, but is truth that is in absolutly security. Dual towers are last warning for everyone who try to get into base. They are furnished with massive twins cannons calibre 1500mm which using bullets equipped spacial chemical explosive substance. Also defence of towers is unusually effective, towers body is protected by uranium armour-plates and electromagnetic shields generating from powercells in middle of towers.

EtaCatinae

The colonists of Amontalon (the predominately aquatic moon of Eop) were a superstitious lot. They built the dual towers as totems to the moons titanic Sea Gods. As you probably know Sea Gods tend to be fairly surly and those of Amontalon were no different, having a penchant for eating cities. The dual towers didn't really stop the Sea Gods from attacking but it did provide a great vantage point for the wealthy occupants to view the devistating 'sport'.

PianoForte, Chuck-mate: no description, no votes

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rawwad- Nice point of view and attention to detail.

Genital Eclipse- I couldn't figure out what was the function of your towers although the drawing is evocative.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    genital gets it.
    rawwad -slick stuff as usual!

on another note:
    could sombody please put up the poll for #31 Undergrounds?!
    or is there a problem?

--(-)|dE--

portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Genital I'm so sorry I had to vote for Rawwad You both made amazing artwork. Yours definitely has the mood and great brush strokes that everyone loves to see on these boards. Rawwad, I had to go with yours because the angle and the military feel really gave me a sense of amazing, isolated, twin towers.

Pretty cool round overall!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hideyoshi
    [B]
    could sombody please put up the poll for #31 Undergrounds?!
    or is there a problem?
    problem? no problem.. please look into this flashing device, thanks

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Genital. Great atmosphere and the textures are welldone. The second tower is a bit too much of a obvious copy though, the perspective suffers a bit as a result. A little more diffrentiation between the two would have been great. The lighting is great though.

Rawwad, excellent piece, close to getting the vote. The perspective on the left guns looks a bit off imo. A bit hard to judge from such extreme perspective but it looks slightly weird. Since they are such a mayor feature in the pic it tipped the balance towards Genitals piece.

The other pics are well done, they lack the detail of these two guys. EtaCatinae is a close third though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow

I voted for

Rawwad his towers apart from showing really nice draughtmanship, were a cool design and had an obvious function.

Genital your image looked cool and the description makes it quite funny, bit like a high concept farside cartoon.

On a side note:
    I think there is on these forums a tendencey to always go for the images that have that certain texture / over paint style going on. With indications of what elements are instead of actual structured design of them.

As a result I think, now dont rip my head off for this, that there is a lot of stuff out there that looks very samey and has maybe become a little stale.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what!!! why is it closed for poll in the middle of the week!!!!

man, that will teach me to read the instructions. i spent ages modeling this in 3d before so i could get the perspective right. oh well. lives and learns

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dear Friends,
    My vote goes with the genitals. Really nicely rendered and atmospheric piece. The colours and textures really work well and the character adds scale and story. I keep thinking the 'towers' are creatures from war of the worlds though. It must be the one big eye and the organiclly shaped bases. But overall a great painting.

Rawwad, your towers are beautifully rendered. The cast shadows are done really nicely and the subject is drawn pretty accurately (difficult to do) but I just couldn't get my head around the concept. For instance, wouldn't the towers offer more effective defence spaced slightly further apart? and the russians must be expecting an attack from Godzilla to need that much fire power! It is a very well constructed drawing though and as someone else has said, nice choice of angle.

Regards,
    EtaCarinae

P.S. Gaius, I think thats a pretty fair comment. Also you may notice that the best 'painting' will win over a better 'concept'. I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

Last edited by EtaCarinae; September 11th, 2006 at 07:37 PM.
    "If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world."
    - Bacon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eclipse for mood and creativity bonus. rawwad close second for magic line action and dopeness

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for rawwad because those towers fit the theme better by actually having a purpose and function, rather than just "looking pretty."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work all.

Chaosrocks
    Maybe try putting a horizon and some perspective lines in. If the towers are the same size the rear one should be smaller.

Arttorney
    I quite like you pic although I think the pattern in the sky is a bit distracting.

Genital Eclipse
    Nice work, I like the texture.

Rawwad
    Nice detail and texture.

Eta
    I like your colour pallet and the peaceful, serene mood that you have captured!

Ahh, how’s the serenity?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awe...! for pete`s sake i forgot a description..... idiot.
    ho, well.... it wasn`t much of great piece anyways..

Genital Eclipse - you get my vote. your work has a good feel to it, and a good color scheme. greatness.

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the votes, comments, and critiques. I agree with a lot of the problems stated and will work on fixing them on future entries (i hope)!

I know my descriptions tend to get me in trouble since they're usually just stupid nonsense. It's just hard for me to do a serious description about a piece of artwork away from work. Forgive me

Sketchwich - ArenaNet Artist's Dumping Grounds
    http://sketchwich.blog.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank's Gep. I got kind of a weird thing going on with skies and a lot of times they are not very accessible. I can do some more normal looking ones with the palette knife. My next oil I'll probably do that way. Phthalocyanine blue is also a bit less ominous than Ultramarine. That might help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for eclipse, second for rawad.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.