Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

If anyone has a 360 get chromehounds.

The reviews for this game were screwed up due the game needing an astablished online community to properly display how the game is meant to be played.

ive put in roughly 114hours into the game and im still having a blast, the ammount of mechs you can make is pretty much endless.

ive played 32 xbox360 games and i have to say this game takes the cake.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I haven't played it, but I thought Lost Planet was a blast. The demo at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

Thanks
    Chromehouds looks like a kick ass game!! I´m seriously considering a xbox360.

Besides, the nice people at microsoft is considering my country in "da list".......unlike those guys from Sony that not only are not considering South america at all ( not for 2007..maybe 2008...Bastards) , they also will only launch the PS3 in Mexico only...without a real date...it could be November of 2007...

Anyways in chormehouds, after reading some info about the game, can you also edit the size of your Hound? or there a re pre made sizes depending on function?

I´m guessing the scouts are smaller..

I just like small mechs...like the ones you could use in Mechwarrior.

Thanks
    I really wanted to like the Mechwarrior games, but felt they were pretty week. I wish they focused more on the sim aspects and less arcade-like, like the old Mech Warrior games for the PC. Maybe Armored Core for the PS3 will be better.

That sucks about the PS3 not coming to S. America. I wasn't aware of that. Hate to think of the costs of having one imported there!

Seems like I read something about the BlueRay disc's not having regional encoding or something like that? Dunno if thats true though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve

That sucks about the PS3 not coming to S. America. I wasn't aware of that. Hate to think of the costs of having one imported there!
    Think double ......it sucks, but is not the first time the Japanese market just ignores S. America...for example for PS1, we didn´t had any official supplyer, so we imported them from USA...And of cource, with no piracy law protecting it and with games that cost 3 times more in a place were you make 5 times less... then they just made legal big market for pirated games, costing around 10 $ each.

Same for Japanese online games, we are not elegible and can´t play, for example Final Fantasy XI...But we sure can play WoW.

The reason they are not launching it in S.America is because they are not interested, is an expensive piece of equipment with expensive games and it probably won´t sell much in a place with less money...if it is in fact because of the blue ray enconding, then is basically the same response, " not interested" otherwise they would make it possible.

It was almost the same for PS2 and Dreamcast..Only that from February this year we were able to get cheaper games for PS2..costing almost the same plus around 4 or 6 dolars more fro shipping ( not much..)

Still Xbox 360 did officially launched in Chile, with a proper publicity campain and direct supplyers thanks to a trade reform between USA.

So Xbox is the way yo go for S. America, making Mexico, Brazil and Chile supply the rest...

Armored core 3 will be available for Xbox ...but despite of having robots, is a completely different type of game....The key element for Mechwarrior and apparently Chromehouds is to be able to customize your mechs .

Thanks
    Actually Armored Core has tons of customizing features, literally hundreds of different parts to put on your mech. The controls however are clunky and it suffers from difficulty issues. 1 mission is a piece of cake, the next is impossible. This is made worse by the fact that the missions are so long and you cannot save during them anywhere. On top of that they have a fairly robust Arena mode in the game, so its pretty good. Hopefully they'll work on some of those issues for the 360 release. Give it a try if you get the chance.

That sucks about Sonys cold shoulder. I don't understand that about a company that size. From all apperances they are dropping the ball more and more, so it may be a nonissue in the near future.

Thanks
    Sony´s profits are almost 60% from Japan, besides that´s the way they ussualy think in "di" island.

Anyway I´m getting an xbox next week! ...Chromehounds might just be my first game! I´ll think about getting Armored Core 3 once is out...I love mech games and I haven´t got the opportunity to play any...So I might just play both if I have the money/time.

The designs for the Armored Core series in general are amazing though......Chromehounds have a less anthropomorphic look, but that´s sexy too .

Thanks
    This game is awesome!!!

-Perhaps slow for some tastes...So I´ll be honest, this game is 60% strategy 40% action.

-If you want to kill things fast, get quake4 or far cry.

-The hound´s customization is the coolest!!.

-Don´t buy this game if you don´t plan to have "Xbox live Gold".

Right now I´m a Squadless Sal-Kar Scout-Sniper...( I hope that combo is a good idea )

PD: Oh...and for the ones playing it right now....I can´t belive how fast things can go...this morning everything was ok...and then boom!!* Talakia was gone XD

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.