Thanks

Wasp can i use your concept art?

im trying to practice 3d modeling as much as possible(this includes learning how to draw)but my lack of ability to draw well oftern has slowed down my learning to poly model,its just a whole lot easier if you have something to reffrence. so what i want to know is if anyone has any sketches of characters/vehicles or whatever from front and side that i could use to build some 3d models with(wont use them for anything)???

if you do give me some links,
    thanks.
    -pierce

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    PM the artists, dont just post this...

Thanks
    also, if you do want to show what you modeled, make sure you say clearly that they are not your concepts but a modelisation based on an artist's drawing that you also have to mention =)

if you follow this, you ll save yourself a lot of time and explaining to do, hehehe
    My Internal Organs ... my "sketchbook"
    To visit my portfolio, http://www.simonrainville.com
    my best friend

Thanks
    Feng has said that anyone can use his drawings to practice as long as they don't try to pass it off as their own.
    Adventure Dog: my work

Thanks
    ask if you want to use other ppls art
    that's the minimum of politeness
    my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    if this is for a class, my concern would be for your graduating reel. would you put it on your reel?
    if you do, its VERY likely the place you apply to to get work is gonna recognise that as not being your concept... if you DO decide to put on a demo reel, MAKE SURE that you have the original concept art there with a credit to the artist, but even before all that, do as stated above, get permission from the artist him/herself FIRST.
    awhile back this guy did a 3d model of one of my characters, did a pretty good job, but he posted it all over cg talk and other forums without crediting me.
    it kinda sucked because they were asking him questions about the character that he couldn't answer, or he'd try to answer making shit up... so i went around posting the original sketch done by me and answering the questions he couldn't. some people jumped his ass for not crediting me, others didn't even notice and kept complimenting him on the "cool concept" that he didn't come up with.
    whatever. just dont get into that situation.

Thanks
    try Suurland.com

Thanks
    The best 3D artists I know of, all came from a very proficient 2D background. Keep this in mind.

m

Thanks
    you know, if you hadn't asked, then people would have said of your work "Wow that's awesome!" now they're just gonna be like "Yeh, but it's copied.." and for these reasons it's better to improve your drawing and your '3d modelling' at equal rates. If you make excuses for not wanting to draw now it's just gonna get harder and harder until one day you realise you can't draw, then you'll think, My God! Burp_sanchez was right!
    Passion rules the game