some views please
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: some views please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

some views please

hi folks
    havent posted here in a while and i would like some views on some of my latest please.

NOTE: most of this stuff is done in a few hours

John S.Jamtli

http://jaeger-art.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a very hard time understanding what is going on in the second piece. I really love the spiked ball at the end of her hair and somewhat of the overall pose. I feel like she dosent belong in this barren landscape. Thats what it looks like to me it looks kind of bland and i don't like the trees behind her. She looks like she comes from a fight on the street surrounded by a ring of people. The picture below that one too seems like the landscape was created differently than the creature comming into view. For me they just don't fit togerther comfortably for me. I mean the way they were rendered the choice of color, the sense of space the figure takes up in the enviroment is just not there for me. I like the concept on your page with the ball thing lifting the fallen angel. Mabye you are trying to seperate the figure too much from the "backround." Im guessing that the spider was done in a few hours and it looks really good. I also feel like alot of the forms are implied with the very strong black so much so i can't tell what are forms and what is just flat space.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Image #1: I like it, very well done.
    Image #2: I like the character, but the back ground is so out of place that its distracting.
    Image #3: It looks like it could be cool, but I can't tell what I'm looking at. Is that the front or back? More light sources are needed.
    Image #4: Cool work.
    Image #5: I like the figure, but again I don't like the backround. The simple circle shapes ruin the mood in my opinion.
    Image #6: Interesting design, I'd like to see more.

CAUTION!! This post contains the opinions of someone who can't even draw a decent stick figure.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.