C.O.W. - #059: Creek Crawler - Voting! - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic!

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Jaecks

0 0%
  • Supervlieg

19 16.81%
  • KaWaii

0 0%
  • Cloister

2 1.77%
  • aspenboy

2 1.77%
  • fughi from yuggoth

0 0%
  • Ostrander

2 1.77%
  • Stephan_R

45 39.82%
  • ArtZealot

0 0%
  • Lodin

1 0.88%
  • crazyace31

0 0%
  • ScaryPotato

0 0%
  • AztcFireFlower

0 0%
  • Moai

0 0%
  • rawwad

9 7.96%
  • Joey-b

0 0%
  • banhatin

5 4.42%
  • JakkaS

27 23.89%
  • slonawoda

1 0.88%
  • BlkCelebration

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: C.O.W. - #059: Creek Crawler - Voting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Supervlieg- great design & story, beautiful painting. The colours are brilliant. What did it for me was the scale in the bottom left, just couldn't help thinking I'd be in awe if I ever ran across such a majestic looking creature.

Great job on all the entries.

--
    Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you everyone who commented on my piece. I will take these helpful critiques and I will work on this some more for my sketchbook.
    Thank you Tyranx for the helpful tip I will certainly give it a shot!
    As much as I loved Jakkas' image with all the wonderful color choices and detail and Fozzy's concept copy I kept going back to Stephan_R's image. From the moment I saw it I was floored. I love the contrast, the use of color and all the details, the little debris in the water and the way the light hits certain areas adds so much. The way you handled the grass underwater is brilliant! You win my vote.
    I'm sorry I can't comment on everyones work, I will try to for the next round.
    Thanks for the vote Maieth!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im torn between Stephan_R and Jakkas...ooh choices, choices...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oww myy gawd.. just saw this stephan... its not cow 58.. its 59... in ur drawing u did put 58... hmm is it highly explosive ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha thanks, i'll definitely fix it

Thanks for the votes and comments guys!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stephan_r - what an awsome piece... the water feels cool and inviting, and the creature is intense and ancient looking, which made it all even cooler.
    your artwork just keeps getting better and better. keep at it, bud.
    you get my vote, of course.

some favs. -
    jakkass, insane rendering and style (you maniac...),
    Ostrander,real moody and very well executed piece,
    rawwad - so cute and funny, and the murky water feel it got is awesome.
    banhatin- superb color and brush work. very lively piece.

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gave my vote to Stephan_R,the atmosphere is very good and i like the combination of a crawling and swimming creature.I think its the best solution for the week's topic.also liked the images of rawwad,supervlieg and banhatin very much,but i think the concept isn't as good as Stephan_R's one.
    the idea of moai is as good as the one of Stephan_R, but the atmosphere doesn't work as well.but Moai's creature's kind of getting nutritions is very good and would fit into my own concept,but i was too uncreative too make this kind of head and mouth onto my creature's body.it makes your concept a lot more realistic too me than my own one.

i'm trying to gain XP(don't really know how to spell the full word) from all the crits.i am very new at working with photoshop and stuff and i don't have much time in the moment,but i try to do my best.thx for your trys to help me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm surprised that there is such a clear lead in a round, with several very pretty entries.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I vote for rawwad. Love that amphybian-like texture of skin.

The next is Stephan_R who did great scene, resp. illustration, but I am looking for something more like a creature designed for example for 3D model.. Or other use.. I mean, from that picture, you can't get the body structure.

Other great piece is from banhatin. I somehow disqualify it from not fit the theme- this is not a crawler to me, sorry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank u guys for crits and votes!

I have few favorites: Supervlieg, Stephan_R, banhatin, rawwad.
    This was very difficult for me…I had to choose between Supervlieg and Stephan_R. Finally, I voted fo Supervlieg.
    I think Stephan’s entry is the most eyes catching from all entries and I love it very much but I think Supervlieg’s isn’t weaker and I like his creature a lot. Especially this decorations on the skin.

Btw, Congratulations Stephan

Cheers
    Kuba

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for SuperV. Close call though. Loved the atmosphere of Stephans really creeky, lost out on the creature itself. Also rated Banhatin, awesome creature but let down on the concept. Jakkas also awesome painting not so keen on concept. Cloister, excellent atmosphere really well captured murk. SV got the win because I love the painting and the concept. Especially the mangrove legs, a stroke of genius. Well done everyone. Unfortunatly didnt finish mine cuase my computer crashed, back up now though so hopfully have time for the Ethereal Stalker.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    C&C..and some dirt kicked in the eye.

Michael Jaecks: Weird thing, as always, but likable in its own fashion. This one reminds me of the scene in the film Existenz, where a guy puts together a pistol from bones found in his food. Your creature looks like that pistol… and that food… somehow.

Supervlieg: Great base, great colours… the flap-pattern doesn’t agree with me, and the colour on the back looks a bit too much like blood, I think. Great entry though. (One of the black branches in the foreground gets stuck between the two front-legs and diminishes depth somewhat…) I like the foliage a lot.

KaWaii: A lot better with the feet, I think. The purple back could use some variation in colour, and the stance is a bit rigid.

Cloister: You came through with your idea of the underwater-mood and the light really well, for which you are happy… but then again, this is about creature design, isn’t it? Now, take your artistic experiments elsewhere and focus on the creature! No way, as long as I’m enjoying myself I’ll continue to follow my intuition! Loser!

Aspenboy: Cozy story-mood. The creature is perhaps a little too standard-tentacle-eye-ball-cartoon-beast. But then again, the rabbit is severely likable, and the forest pleasantly adventuresome,

Funghi from Yuggoth: This creature could use some more time. Try making it bigger next time, to get some surface-area to work with. The white things on the back (which I lack the English word for but recognize well)… is a nice touch.

Ostrander: A good painting. The water and the fish at the surface are rather impressive! Perhaps the pink flesh and the teeth still feel a bit painted or cartoonish in comparison with the rest.

Stephan R: Beautiful mood and candy colours! The water and the surface are annoyingly well done… (can’t get enough of those), and the grass is so green I want to eat it and caress my… never mind! Great job! The creature itself is perhaps not such an amazing design, but when presented like this it’s more than enough

ArtZealot: That is a really disturbing bull. I hope I never unknowingly order one of those on a plate. Nice muscles, and the overall greyness in this picture makes you look again on a forum like this one. I don’t like the trees. They seem to be a mixture of photographic information and painting, and neither looks natural or painted right now, I think. And the water could use some more work imo. It took me a while to recognize it as water. The drip from the muzzle helps a lot.

Lodin: Interesting creature and a fresh cyan water-world. The background creature is bigger and further away which makes your front creature look rather small in comparison… and I get a rather huge feeling from both of them, despite the vegetation.

Crazyace31: The changes you made in the end helped a lot, I think. I recommend you to decide on the black outlines - Should you have them or not? Usually consistency in this choice makes for a better whole.

Scary Potato: I’ve already said some, and I think you’ve done what could be done with the base-sketch. Good job!

AztcFireFlower: The strong cold colours of the creature collide with the warm greens of the grass. It is really hard to tell if it hovers some small distance over the ground or lies on it. Is the brown area water? The creature is much better done than the surroundings, I think.

Moai: I like this one. It makes me glad… poor flat thing, with the eyes stuck on top... actually it’s hilarious… and the colours sober and solemn… One thing is for certain though; those tracks in the sand look really good, and the drawing works well. (Can I buy the little one? Do I need a cage?)

Rawwad: Very interesting and unique style! I don’t care very much for the creature, which I think is gator and a fish mixed together with bowling-ball holes drilled into it for a 20-fingered giant… but those green hues almost makes me lick my monitor.

Joye-B: Looking good! I would have ditched the moon completely, though, and unfortunately I think the creature is the weakest part of the painting… which doesn’t necessarily mean a bad creature…

Banthain: Nice lizard! The background has some patch-work feel to it which I don’t completely agree with, and the colours doesn’t really land on the creature imo… it looks more like a lizard that’s been painted. Still a very good drawing!

Jakkas: Texture-wise I will begin to steal from you. That’s a promise! Both your and Stephan’s creature has developed the ability to live under water, which is a little strange since they both still feed above it…

Slonawoda: This is absolutely one of the most interesting creatures this round, I think. I like it a lot, and had the image been a bit bigger with a sensible description it might have gotten my vote. I hope to see more of your work here at COW.

BlkCelebration: Quite a beautiful little entry! For some reason I come to think a lot about Ghibli Studios (‘Spirited Away’ among others…) when I see this one, which is a really good thing, since I love those animated films.

Jakkas got the vote.

Thank you very much for the crits and comments everyone (and the votes)! (Did you hear that?… sounded like an Astral Stalker didn’t it?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone for the comments on my piece, you guys are spot on. I'll keep all those things in mind for my next piece.

I voted for Stephan_R (like many others did) I did so because of the lighting on it. It looked very convincing and you could really see the creature floating.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted JakkaS.

Stephan_R and Supervlieg were very close.

Overall everyone's more awesomer than last time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, Cloister! Sure, you can buy the little guy. All you need is a water-filled enclosure of about 100 square feet ('cause it'll grow, you know) with mud on the bottom, and some steady populations of alien nematodes and mollusks, which I will supply. Shipment from Bromosh is pretty expensive, though, so be prepared to pay up. And the adult is liable to be extremely strong, since its muscles are made for higher gravity. If it turns out to be male, it will also get fairly aggressive during the Autumn breeding season. I'm not sure if it's male or female, since you have to get a little more up close and personal than I'm willing to get to find out.

Congratulations on the very likely win, Stephan_R!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow...this was an amazing round. It was actually painful to pick just one. Sephan came very close, and I have to say that your piece is extraordinary, with a very good concept. Rawwad however, got me with the mood of the colors, and the subtlety of textures. I also loved the whimsy of this creature, the little tail captivated me, so he got my vote.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm...toss up for me....between Jakkas and SuperV. In teh end, I voted Jakkas simpley because his creature is more in tune with the theme. SuperV's creature is more of a wader than a crawler...

Both compositions were beautiful and SuperV's environment is just stunning. I do like the siplicity of Jakkas's environment in comparision to the complexe render of the creature... Simple wins with me all teh time... I also love the contrast of the blues and amber colors.

Not many entries, but all of them are great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1