Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scary Ganguro Girl HeadShot

Hi everyone ... it really been forever since i posted anything. So here you go my Ganguro Girl from hell! I only made the head i have drawn in a while so i hope i havent gotten too bad. But enjoy... I think i should name it differently but its just a trivial thing... The whole thing just took about 3 1/2 hours... and since i have never really used a wacom beore, so this would be one of my first time with it. . Oh and Lesesne is my middle name, also my current sig...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why not let it be messy? i know there is tons of scratching but it still works. This was a piece mainly to be played with and i get what your saying about form and value but i never did think of it as a 3d piece. and the hell part dont mind it so much just a working reference i suppose. (i forgot i sometimes have to defend my pieces... well i did pretty well for a guy who hasnt drawn in about 9 months) But thanks for the crit anyhow, Justin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Hero. I am afraid to say that justin is a bit right on this one here. I understand that you are not going for the 3d approach...but still everything is rooted in the natural world....and from that you can strengthen what you make.

Right now I will go to the crit.

Try not to use duping too much in the beginning when you are drawing faces...it makes you lazy. Im saying that for everyone, not just you. What I mean by duping is you are duplicating sections of the picture and then mirroring it and placing it accordingly. Yes I have done this and many on here have done this...but it really only makes a weakness weaker. I know you probably hate to hear this and everyone on here has heard it at one point or another, but start drawing from life more. Take what you see in front of you and it will translate into a greater skill later on. Thats the hard part. To discipline yourself to draw from life and draw draw draw. Take in as much information as you possibly can. It pays off in the long run. Don't worry how fast you can become good...instead worry about how much you are truly learning and retaining.

I hope that helps and doesnt push into run on hell.

-TeT-

Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the scribbles are interesting, but ultimately detract from the cohesive idea of the image.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If this is a typical sample of your work, then don’t spend more than an hour on any individual piece just yet. More than an hour will just waste your time at this point. Go draw from life until you have developed a better sense of how to portray 3D things in a 2D space.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seedling! i absolutely agree in you! a total waste o 3.5 hours of time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Doomgriever, how's maplestory doing ? XD

And about the piece:
    I would recommend you to use simple lines to put up the face. Cost you bout 1-15 minutes?
    Fix everything that doesn't look right. 0-10 minutes?
    When putting tones, DON't scratch and keep the lines. Can always get rid of them later on. 10-30 min?

This cost you max around 55 min. You can even make at least two other pieces to practice great isn't it?

From your current piece, you hair is the biggest problem. It's white, shiny, scratchy and doesn't have any form.
    Just to be honest, (hate me ), It doesn't look like 3,5 hours of work. More like 10-15 minutes.

Last edited by KaWaii; September 12th, 2006 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi KaWaii, well i think my account got hacked in maple story cus i cant sign in so not so well i guess.

and herobomb i also made a "girl from hell" pic a year ago, i think it looks a little bit more like its from hell 0_O
    Scary Ganguro Girl HeadShot

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.