Sketchbook: small Update Dec 19, 2010 Crits please. - Page 4

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is some more junk.

BrendanN- Yeah I am still trying to get working with color downpack. I want to cram some life studies to better with colors, for my environments. I am going to have to go traditional with that though. plus I do a grey scales which may screw me up from time to time. But, I am learning still. Thanx for dropping by. XD

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff in here! Your digital painting skills are progressing at an impressive rate! I really like the toned paper with white highlights stuff as well. Those two from Feb 8th are full of movement. Excellent stuff!

Ta, Nick.

The scrawny white sketchbook ring
    OISHIINIKU CAKEYPIGDOG MYA RES D-BAKER ASHAB
    DAVISON

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oishiiniku- Thanx for dropping by. Yeah doing toned paper work is fun. I have more to show of those, just to lazy to move all of the junk off of my computer to scan them hehe. But, thanx for noticing, I feel that I am improving, But, my adventure does not stop here. You should try working on toned paper yourself, you middle value is solved you gotta do shadow and pop your highlights in.

Wow! five stars? you guys are way too generous. Thanx, it puts a smile on my face.XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Character concepts and environments are super tight. I really like the tone paper enviros, something about the way tone paper with highlits popping. The last image you posted of the portrait your using for your avatar..... very awesome. The colors and handeling of values and the overall impact is very cool.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle
    BLOG
    SKETCHBOOK
    GALLERY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I absolutely ADORE your enviroments! The perspective is so dynamic. I really love the contrast of shadow and light against interesting shapes, nice work!

I'm not sure I can crit you... your works are wonderful..and I think of these being more of pointers rather than crits.

As far as your human figures are concerned, you should try and get a bit more color variation . You use a lot of the same tone all over your figures and it makes them look too plastic. also watch out on overworking your reflective lights.

But good job! Keep at it !! XD

¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice the last updates my friend, you really rocks with this ones.

keep posting.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Beelow,, it rhymes . You spent half an hour or more in my book, Oh God. ehehe. You are crazy man. You could do so much more and better, those half an hour is forever lost for you!!!! ahahahah. How can I return this kindness to you? I will try to write my comment, return the favor, but it will be critical, I don't consider it as anything nice... OK, I know, I will name the best part of my house in your honor.... everything under the roof will carry your name! .

What did you lean about me after reading in my book? and I was hoping to learn slang in your book and what I see... correct English... you putting me down, man...
    OK, enough of clowning.

I'm glad to see how determined you are and comparing to me you are definitely know what you want from your progresses. I like how your observation and imaginative, painting and drawings skills go head to head... you treat them all evenly and put time in each of them. I think, you are very organized.
    I think your strongest features are your fearless brush strokes, your peculiar interest to turned upside down perspective, like when you look at sky laying on your back, your dreamy landscapes with life happening somewhere far far away from us ( they makes me feel and dream about them too), your beautiful women and your universality in themes.
    Your weakest point I would say and I'm not an expert,,, is your colors. Please take my words critically, but your colors and especially transition between them is lacking subtlety and neither fresh or truthful... It is not always the case, but very often... Your colors are trying to attract in the first moment , from the first sight, but they don't talk. And I think you can tell me about your sadness or gentleness or happiness or longing through your colors... we people are funny this way we have association with colors and even with certain hues of one color...
    For example I liked very much the first tree house, it made me feel very comfortable and relaxed in soul... but colors, they are just put there to make the image brighter and colored like advertisement's lights. They are not lyrical or delightful... I wish you tried to search for this the most needed color in your green foliage or the most needed browns.
    I have to say I will prefer natural combination of colors, but even with artificial colors you need to be subtle, I think.

My favorites from you
    the first tree house for this wonderful slides road and fantasy and make-believe game. I appreciated this romantic reminder about how fun everyday life is.

The huge man with pumpkin, he has a mood.
    Ms Brown variation, very interesting alive character, I liked her figure and cheeky face. The chart are drawn very elegantly.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1160167542 This sympathetic creature and his lovely nose... it looks kind, I like him... pencils look great,but most of your pencils look great, clear and confident.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1158113573 nice expression of the face and I especially happy that there is no distortion in the proportions of the face to kill this good catch. Just wonderful feeling of unbelievable happening on her face...

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1158113474 This graceful little girl is built by you like a good architecture should, I believe in her existence, she looks very much alive and possible.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1162410237 I like those three characters as well and I like funny girl in yellow dress with heap of weapons, she is so funny, it is better than looking on repetitive personalities of hit girl again and again on this site, This girl has humorous touch, makes me smile. I wish you work more on her and made her one unforgettable personality, make her like Whoppi Goldberg in Ghost only like she grabbed a weapon somewhere...
    I like the girl with a tiger, tiger has such as a funny snout, makes me smile... hehe, you killed the girl's sexuality a bit with tiger like this but I love it.

And you painted a good SP, brush strokes are gorgeous.
    Just wish you used more varied hues of one color, to enrich the painting a bit...
    In painting with reflection of street in the skyscraper glasses, everything looks very believable but a bit too busy and refection is a bit too bright, too active, much more domineering than reflection are in real life.
    I wish it was more air in your interesting enviros, meaning far from us objects were more dissolved in air, their outlines weaker and more transparent for example...
    Overall I enjoyed your book.

Last edited by sve; April 19th, 2007 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those tree house pieces are great. Overall cool stuff.

2011 Sketchbook

New Helzon's SB R.I.P. Mike

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" -Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice junk!

Circle tummy guy is the best one yet!

You are definitely progressing in the painting dept!

Keep it up dude!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beautifull stuff over here. your paiting work is realy nice. plz keep sharing
    5*

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good art here!!Your enviros look great!Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice sketchbook lovin' all the digipaintings and the toned paper sketches...5 stars fro me, but don't forget to experiment with the digital media, its got a lot to offer, and i get the impression you use it just like you would use a traditional medium.Nothing wrong about that, just my 2 cents.

keep sharing

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice work man. Hooked!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great environments. They are definitely your strong point. That last self portrait is looking really nice as well. Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. Take care

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man your environment stuff is really nice. Keep it up playboy.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your perspective work is so great; The trad sketches are awesome as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Beelow, thanks a bunch for stopping by my book! Will get back to your questions soon!

I have to say that selfportrait is amazing - very believable and it feels very accurate - though I can't say really. Think you did an excellent job on the skin tones and lighting.

The other two are looking great too, love the colours which you seem to be mastering right now... very cool stuff. I would have given the tiger a more furry, hairy feel. Right now I think it comes across as being just a little too solid. Other than that there's really not much worth critting. Keep it up man!
    5* more!

ciao!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your Ideas are wicked and I really like your stuff. The most recent cityscape environment is cool man. One thing perhaps you do this on purpose but in some of your 3 points the fore & midground elements start to warp a bit, you can avoid this by giving them their own VP. Hope this is helpful and I look forward to more. See you in EOW.

Adam.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff man perspective stuff is crazy good as usual. Really nice faces and good color on skin. That ol' style pimp is hilarious wit bullet holes in his chair ha. keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff, man! Great to see your improving a lot! Keep the paint flowin'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update mang!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your'e tearin' it up in here, man! I just wanted to get on board the sketchbook thread so I can get emails when you hit this thing up with updates. I'll be back when I'm not at work to dish some better commentary. I'm impressed with what I'm seein' tho! Keep pushin'!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing perspective and character work man! I really like you pencil perspectives the most.

Iam voting for 5 stars!

C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo, everyone. Sorry for the minimal posts. I have been a bit busy just trying to put up my website and doing work that is worth looking at, at the moment. It's more of my digital stuff that I want to get up and also I want to do some slick oil studies. Its been off on trying to work on my stuff, balance between taking care of my kids and doing illustration,concept art, life studies and keeping my lady company and soon about to get a job that is not in the industry of my choice, Library. It's temporary till I get on my feet. But, I will still be doing activities and stuff, trying to stay inspired to do more work, your support helps a lot and if it weren't for you guys and gals, I may have given up. Now to commenting on you personally:

Chromosome-Thanx Chromosome. I have much more freedom when it comes to doing just pencils in my sketchbook. I also like the fact that the paper tone itself works as a middle for me. You should try it. I got my at a SuperWalmart here. Its a pretty nifty way to doing drawings. But, thanx again for stopping by.

Icon- I think that I understand what your saying. I am going to look into it do a little compare and contrast with other guys that do great figure work and see what I am not doing. Thanx for stopping by and showing the luv! XD

enthombed- Thanx again enthombed! You support has been cool as hell!

sve- Oh, I so adore you sve! I will be glad to see your house and which parts you name after me. Thanx for the long inciteful critique. I can agree that my colors are lacking for right now. I think I may have to do realistic studies to get control of it, I think it is getting out of hand. I like subtle. Probably one of the main reasons that I trash alot of paintings to begin with, because I am just not getting a handle on color at the moment. I am also to take on composition and mood setting as well as speed. I am trying to kill 3 very huge birds with one stone. I still find myself fighting my piece, quiting and returning to them. It gets tough at times, when it comes to solving color. I sometimes want to go back to my comfort zone and just do black and whites. But, I can say that this is probably the biggest adventure in my life time of discovery in these things that I have missed when I was younger. Thanx for posting! Glad that you enjoyed my book. Peace homegirl(friend, here is a start in your slang)!XD

Lone Wolf- Thanx for dropping by. I love tree...

Bard-Thanx! I feel like I am. I kinda run into other problems. Because I get eager to work in color! But, thanx! I am glad that you see it too. XD

Call0ps- I will from time to time. I got my hands full at the moment dealing with life. It sux, but it is great for me. I will have stories to tell my grandkids! XD

Camara- People keep telling me that, but I still don't believe it hehe. I need to work on things too. seems that way hehe. Thanx for posting! XD

TheGnoll- Yeah I am curious to what I can do with it at times. I still have plenty to explore with the digital media. I want to do what others can do. And do it better. But, I got alot of catching up to do with you guys and gals here. hehe! I will try that. Thanx for your thoughts, I am grateful of your generosity! XD

MeTaL-Mike- Yeah it is like fishing ain't it? Trying to get other to look in your sketchbook I mean, not to be negative. I hope no one takes that wrong. But thanx, I am glad that you are hooked! XD

BryanYoung-Thanx for taking the time to stop by, much appreciated. Keep drawing. I will check on what your doing every now and then as well. Same goes for everyone. I feel like I must now, hehe!

Unbreakable- Is that a homie? Looks, looks some more....damn not sure. Thanx for the post! Glad you diggin' on my creations. I hope that you come by and pimp my book when you get the chance my nig, holla! XD

designboot-Glad that you like Self Portrait! Thanx for dropping by. Your starting to get hot like fire with what your doing. I hope you don't stop! XD

drd- As I said before, I am comfortable with pencils and doing greyscales. Color, it becomes an issue, and you should see me cussing and shit, when I apply color and if a program just cuts out, man do I get upset haha! Thanx for posting. XD

Brendan N- thanx for hitting my book up! Yeah I still have to render the tiger image. I want to achieve believable fur. I suck when it comes down to texture. I guess I gotta stop sucking and get it done hehe. Yeah I think the SP is the hottest thing I've done so far. Its going to be a while before I master color hehe. But, thanx for that comment, it lets me know that I am improving! Hope to see you back. XD

ATAnderson- Yeah, incredibleandy said a similar thing, he says that it may become a crutch, if I do it to often, relying on my perspective to create great pieces. I think it becomes redundant at times. So I will take that advice. I want my environments start to feel more natural from time to time. Thanx for the advice! XD

KanoaRogers- I forgot I did that to the chair hehe. Haven't looked at that piece in a while. I think I will redo it some day eheh!

andreasrocha-Thanx, your looking hot with your mattes dude. How has life been treating ya though. Keep up the superb work. I hope that you still share your work with us, especially me!

BlackGuy-Damn dude hold on a sec!!! LOL! jk. YOu got me to update hehe. Its not alot but it is something. Enjoy, I will have a bit more on the way. This may be a huge dump depending on how I feel with sharing. My homie does not like the idea of me sharing and he gets pissed that I do, I won't tell him though, hehe. XD

Zebz- Thanx for dropping by my sketchbook homie! hey did they ever fix the bad infrastructure out that way in the Lou? I miss home man. I hope to meet up with ya one day. Just to chill. I haven't met anyone that is all about conceptart that way. Glad to see you post here dude. I gotta check and see what you up to soon. Holla! XD

AK86-Thanx for dropping by Glad that your digging the perspective stuff. I will have more of those to share soon, I slack off on saving jpegs and posting them here hehe.

Idiot Apathy- Yup that is what my black ass looks like, my frow is in a ponytail now. I want to get it braided hehe. I dont know why I told you that, but I guess you can start learning about me now hehe. It was fun doing it. I want to do more of them. I guess when I get inspired to do one of them I will do another. I was a bit more confident with doing it and I spent a good amount of time on it. an hour to 2 a few nights. I like to work on several paintings at a time. Hehe. Thanx for dropping by people. I need to be a bit more accurate to what I draw and explain how things are done. I use photo reference for some, some studies and the rest of the top of the dome, out of my head.

These new ones are from a book of faces and some out of magz that my lady has laying around. I am going to do a study of my lady traditional oils, and see how well I do with that. I will share that with you guys and gals as well. I will post when I think about it hehe or if your demanding it. Peace ya'll!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet updates from the last time I checked man, more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On the four arms guy: no pectorals on the second pair means he can't brings arms forward

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there friend!
    Just dropping by to check out your sketchbook. I must say Im very impressed! I particularly love those buildings that you did using the coloured paper and different pencils. In fact, you've inspired me for my next drawing I have to do for university, could you possibly list the materials you used in those sketches?
    You have a great variety. Im not really up to a standard to critique your work, so ill just offer up some congratulations. Keep it up!

Nick

2008 - 2009 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

2007 - 2008 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3