Sketchbook: small Update Dec 19, 2010 Crits please. - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: small Update Dec 19, 2010 Crits please.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx for the kind words Maxetomer! I still need to practice alot more. Sure you have some crits hehe. Crit my character work if you have to, I still suck at doing them hehe. XD

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for coming by the SB beelow, and you crits are much appreciated thanks! i will keep them in mind!

you have some really nice stuff in here, really like your line confidence and those toned paper sketches, clean!

keep em coming!

Warrior Style

The first rule of Warrior Style is, You do not stop drawing.
    The second rule of Warrior Style is, You DO NOT stop drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Beelow awesome sketchbook! I'm really enjoying the imagination and the wide variety of subjects in here.

I really don't have any general crit I'm afraid, but if you're looking for opinions on specific issues, I'd glad to help in anyway.

Just a question, did you have to use a ruler when you draw this one?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1160168172

SB rated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Act.Appalled-Oh your welcome dude, I remember your body of work, just keep practicing, you see I am doing so myself. I have my issues as well but I am getting there to where I a bit more satisfied with what I do, but it als

JERI-Both. I did some ruler to set a base grid for vanishing points and just relied on my confidence in my hand for the rest of it. It still took a bit long to do. probably 3 to 4 hours of work! Oh feel free to share some of those issues dude, I still think that my designs are a bit uninteresting. So any cool ideas help dude!

Here is my update...

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketchbook here.Keep it up.
    I would update mine but it never did take off here like it has on cgtalk.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah mines is taking a while to get attention, either that or people are just like fuck this dude, LOL jk! But it is all good. I have a hard time getting my sketchbook in gear and it may be my fault not getting attention from the work I am producing, I am still not where I want to be with my work. I will hit you up on your sketchbook my nig!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That most recent treehouse is great, in a challenging sense of the word.

Don't worry about whether there is a lot of commentary in here. Be true to yourself and develop your style. Not everybody has their own style. I like what I see when I come in here.

The last three image updates on page 1 all seemed to be done in analogous color schemes. That is a nice safe road on color. I doubt if you are burning anybody's eyes out. A nice trick in those schemes is to put a small speck of a complement at about the focal point, and that is what I think you have done in the treehouse on this page, more or less, with the red scarf. I tend to look more at the cylindrical thing at the building roof, though, rather than the scarf. It also looks like you pushed the lightest lights and the darkest darks a bit further apart, and that lends some drama.

Last edited by arttorney; January 9th, 2007 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn....that's just awesome man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    arttorney- I am not sure that if I agree that the colors that I have used are analogous though arttorney, You may have to elaborate more on what is ment my that although I do agree that analogous is a safe road to go on. I may be missing something though. I think I do have a problems with saturations and moving color often which I am starting to see.

Hmm I may have to fix that and push that cylindrical shape back a bit, although it offers a bit of importance in that particular piece. I think I was interested in more of the movement of that piece and I was experimenting a bit to see if I can create something interesting. I think I may have failed though. I know that I had a long talk with my mentor about what things that I can do to create more dynamic images instead of trying to force a painting but letting the painting develop itself into something that is a bit more unique. I think that I am going to further my studies in color in understanding what it does with myself and how I convey it. I am having the biggest problem with that I think. But thanx for the crits and the kind words! XD

BlackGuy- Thanx buddy, how are the figure studies going?

Sorry for the inconsistent posts, I will get something up sooner or later. I suck balls at posting stuff. I am usually more into my painting and studying than the posting part. Any information is great if you have them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is some more of my decent work. Let me know what you guys think. Crits are always helpful! Peace!

Attached Images Attached Images            

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I remeber you from cgtalk.com competition. Cool stuff. Appreciate it.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    radiance spreading through the darkness, like answers spilling from an urn of secrets.

The Website:

The Sketchbook:

The Blog:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voytek- Hey Voytek. I am glad to hear that you still remember me haha. Thanx for posting.

Slav-Yeah I have a bit more confidence in my pencil and marker sketches. I am still trying to get use to applying color as it has been an excruciating battle trying to learn it, and plus doing the digital thing. But I am glad that you are liking that one, its one of my favorites as well. I might have to take it into color and see how well I can pull that one off. Drop by any time Yaro!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your building, scene, and perspective are awesome. I do agree with some of the guys on here about working on your anatomy. Keep on drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there!
    Some really interesting stuff here! Awsome enviroments! And very inspiring too!
    ...no crits ...
    keep it up!

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, thx for stopping by my SB. You have some great stuff here. I'm not sure if i like your characters or environments more. This one: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1170906570 Is really nice. you have a great sense of perspective, somethin about that one, i'm really diggin'. The upside down city is really cool, feels like it needs something though, like some banners or signs in front of businesses or little flying cars buzzing around or something. theres my two cents. keep it up man.
    -AZ

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hi all!! m new here i also wanna post my stuff although i am not dis good,
    can any1 help in posting my stuff i cant find d link for new post!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome environments man....
    I especially love the penciled ones.
    Very great looking and convincingly can be built.

I think you should help arien, she chose you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bleedhondos-Working on it a bit at a time. I dont want to get to hung up on it as sometimes I start to not have fun with it. But, I usually get hung up on anyways, LOL. But thanx, glad you like my environments.

Blaz-Thanx for dropping by!

ArtZealot-Yeah I was going to incorporate those cars and make it a bit more active and lively. Damn, I can't believe I forgot those things. I feel so stupid hehe. Yeah perspective is pretty fun once you get the hang of it. Design is another thing that I troubled with at times though.

arien1986- Um I pmed you about how to do that. Hope it helps. I am not sure if you got it. A comformation will suffice.

Bard- Yeah I did a while ago. Thanx for dropping by. I am still trying to polish it though and control it a bit more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good lord those are some clean pieces of work. You make me feel bad for not updating my sb...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very very good enviroments u have ...they rock ..nice work...thumb up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some nice work. I think that your colors may become too brilliant and unsubtle (especially in the environments).

Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hm? i was sure i posted here, your enviros are fantastic man, great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last enviro scene is hot to def. Keep it going man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BlackGuy- Thanx Homie! Yeah I still have to work much harder though, I still feel that I am not good enough, to get concept art job and I know I am not fast enough.

Dan Valkar- Thanx! Yeah I am trying to get much stronger with my environmental stuff.

Listing-Thanx for pointing that out listings. I am still don't have control of color yet, I think that is what I am struggling with the most, composition being the next thing.

asoir- No worries, I am asking that question on everyone's threads, LOL. Thanx for dropping by! XD

artmessiah- Yeah that took a while. I am not good with cityscapes, I think I need to do more of them. But I am glad that you like it! XD

More coming soon. I don't know how soon though hehe!8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't mean this as a snappy retort but creativity is a fairly formless thing. What I think you mean is illustration concept. As a painting student (as opposed to illustration), my creativity is much more in how I draw than what I draw (we don't look at Rembrandt or Sargent because they painted people, we appreciate their approach).

Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude the progress in your enviros is great
    and
    i never thought i would post here but......(hahahhaahaha)
    i have 1 word of advice for character work
    you go for really challenging angles which is to be admired but at t imes they come off a lil wonky
    a problem EASILY fixed by flipping your images horizontally continually as you work
    we ALL get a lil comfortable with our handi caps and since i started flipping several time from beginning to end
    i think my work has started to look alot better and it helps to see it objectively as it looks foreign to the creator when its flipped
    ( i seem to have a tendency to make lopsided chars ie: 1 side higher than the other
    i think we both may share this hahaah)
    great work man
    i would love to see more enviros
    and chars (flipped of course hahaha)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh man, great sutff you have here, i really like your buildings and enviroments, your perspective is amazing so much, and some cool colors too.

i will keep visiting here.

Keep posting dude.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Listing
    I don't mean this as a snappy retort but creativity is a fairly formless thing. What I think you mean is illustration concept. As a painting student (as opposed to illustration), my creativity is much more in how I draw than what I draw (we don't look at Rembrandt or Sargent because they painted people, we appreciate their approach).
    Totally fine dude. Retort all you want, I am nobody special. And I won't take a poo on you if you do, LOL! Totally understandable. I sent you a pm as well. Just to let you know that I am a cool as dude and make jigga jokes. I can't say the n word here.

trevor-Yeah I like you already! Trying to get me with my lines haha! But you did though. I was calling your name. It said "trevor pleaze visit this jigga's book and post something," LOL! I thought you said one word and you write paragraphs...silly silly trevor... Tricks are for kids! My character works have always been wonky; I've just not found my mojo with them yet. I will try flipping it more often to see if I can better results. I think that my poor planning lends my poor execution as well. I don't do thumbs alot and I am trying to make that a habit before I start anything. I wish I can shoot handicap in the face when comes around, but I was seem to miss em and again that same wonkiness appears, damn handicap! LOL! I have more work coming. I get kinda nervous posting my junk because I think it is crap. Damn its been a month in a half already haha! Damn I suck at updates!

enthombed- thanx for dropping by and leaving mark here! I am glad that you will be peering in here. I hit your sketchbook up as well.

Thanx guys! I am glad this sketchbook is still fighting to stay up hehe. And my sketchbook lives to see another day!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, thanks for stopping by my (old!) book, appreciate the kind words. You have made some awesome progress over the course of this sb alone.
    I'd have to agree with listing when he says your colour work needs more subtlety, but you know that already . Other than that I really dig your concepts, the recent enviros can become even more moody and atmospheric once you nail the colours. That said right now the colours aren't bed at all.

Keep going, enjoyed visiting your book.
    ciao!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 19