Art: The Absinthe Zodiac

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Absinthe Zodiac

Ahoy oy, all. I've decided to share with you my current series (well, one of 'em anyway.) It's a series of photomanipulations devoted to the Signs of the Zodiac. ALOT has gone into the series, from research to execution, and everything in between, and I'm really proud of how things are going so far. Currently, I only have one complete, with two and the oven, and 9 more sketched up and ready to be made. I really wanted to bring something more conceptual and high art to the digital art ring, and this seems like the kind of crowd who can appreciate the skill.

I am considering releasing a version sans wood border and Astrological symbol to maybe focus on the compositon itself, though both of those still contribute (it was important to put limits on myself and incorporate only things that would benefit the concept itself.)

ENOUGH CHATTER

The Sixth House - Virgo

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the idea of this a lot, but needs some work yet. For one there should be shadows cast from some objects like the lock and vines above it, like you have done with the bird and main figure. The border is too distracting, too detailed. Maybe blur it a little? I would make all the vines thicker, for a more powerful look, maybe some breaking through the skin? The curtain effect is cool. The blindfold looks like toilet paper. I would add contrast to see the line work or folds better. The Earth head needs more shadow and the eye is too white. I'm not the best at leaving comments and advice. I'm still learning. Hope this helps you some what?
    Yeah, Get some!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love it! It's like a birthday present for me whenever I see virgo art. Thank you for the birthday background!!

I do think it could do without the border, or just a plain thin black one. I got the feeling of a doorway to this sign, but now that I'm looking at it more closely there's not enough depth for that. I still love it though!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn
    I like the idea of this a lot, but needs some work yet. For one there should be shadows cast from some objects like the lock and vines above it, like you have done with the bird and main figure. The border is too distracting, too detailed. Maybe blur it a little? I would make all the vines thicker, for a more powerful look, maybe some breaking through the skin? The curtain effect is cool. The blindfold looks like toilet paper. I would add contrast to see the line work or folds better. The Earth head needs more shadow and the eye is too white. I'm not the best at leaving comments and advice. I'm still learning. Hope this helps you some what?
    Yeah, Get some!
    It does and I plan on going back and making some changes. Thanks alot. Glad you enjoyed it, Mint.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.