Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 399 Posts

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium wars!!!!

Just found out while looking at generals pics. it looks so beautiful, seen a few videos on IGN, they even have the old female voice as your info chick thingy (building ready, unit under attack etc)
    I'm so happy, and so sad, i'm not sure when its due out since i'm just rushing around having gamegasms here. so i'll post a few links and have pics up in a min.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=141995 (info etc)
    http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/823/823989/vids_1.html (videos)
    http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/823/823989/imgs_1.html (images)

Who else is a hardcore CNC fan out there? I've been waiting for a new CnC game for ages, Though Generals was a great game, something just didn't sit with me, maybe its because it was running at 75% speed and lower graphics because of my old GFX card, now i have a new one i don';t have the game haha. I was hoping for a Red Alert 3, but this is much better news!.

They've kept alot of units from Tiberium sun, mammoth tank, orca, the nod fire tank, very nice re vamps going on here. *wipes tear away*
    Couple of images for yo fools!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I'm guessing those tanks do roughly 1.5 times the damage of an infantry guy, and has an astonishing 2.5 times as many hitpoints, although they're only half as fast as the infantry because they're heavy tanks and all. Also they are completely defenseless against infantry since it takes 2 minutes for the main turret to turn 180 degrees and they don't have any secondary anti troop guns because tanks are enginered to have vulnerbilities since that's 'good game balance'. Expect them to have a ballistic range along the lines of a whopping 35 meters.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus|ANJ
    I'm guessing those tanks do roughly 1.5 times the damage of an infantry guy, and has an astonishing 2.5 times as many hitpoints, although they're only half as fast as the infantry because they're heavy tanks and all. Also they are completely defenseless against infantry since it takes 2 minutes for the main turret to turn 180 degrees and they don't have any secondary anti troop guns because tanks are enginered to have vulnerbilities since that's 'good game balance'. Expect them to have a ballistic range along the lines of a whopping 35 meters.
    But the game looks good so it must be even better!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus|ANJ
    Yeah why is it that in C&C the most effective way of killing infantry with tanks is by riding over them? seriously something to fix up.

- d.

Thanks
    Ha Ha HA -> prom, You sound alittle jaded there!

Yeah, I couldn't stand that about the original C&C either. Are the newer ones like that too? Generals and that other one?

Videos doo look killer though..

Thanks
    ooh, i nearly forgot about the flame tanks....

Thanks
    Looking forward to Medieval 2 more so, but always loved the fast paced arcadeyness of C&C.

Thanks
    .... I don't know if any of you downloaded the Demo yet..
    My boyfriend did... The demo level looks awesome! I love love love it.
    Also you have the girl who plays Boomer (Sharon the Cylon) in Battlestar Galactica, and she informs you about stuff.

Ah well..
    did you know the entire game takes up 8 gigs on your harddrive? ^^

love
    Marleen

Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 474 Posts
    I'm definitely looking forward to this game. It's nice to get the cheesy cut-scenes back, too.

However, I just got Supreme Commander....which kicks SERIOUS ass. I'll likely not get Tiberium wars on day one just because of that alone.