Thanks

HELP! Tablet PC! pressure sensitivity

hi guys!
    I have a gateway M285- E tablet PC...
    and I want to use pressure sensitivity in PhotoShop and sketcher (a paint-chat like program at www.artgrounds.com) but I cant seem to get It to work- do I need to install some sort of driver? help!

I'm sure many of you use tablet PCS... anyone Know? I would love any imput

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    download the driver!
    from wacom
    is you don't get it use the SEARCH FUNCTION on this forum
    this has been discussed more then once
    my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Your pen comes with 251 (roughly) pressure levels, as to pretty much every other standard tablet pc pen. You need to goto wacom's website and download a driver to enable them all. For some ungodly reason no tablet pc comes with driver's preinstalled, even though 98% of the tablet PC market buys the pen/screen technology from wacom.

In addition, call wacom's tech cupport, tell them the model tablet pc and ask them what pens they offer which will work for it. UNLESS your tablet pc is a widescreen, wacom made the technology for it. A lot of great pens are interchangable with tablet PCs (like the cintiq pens, for example). The wacom rep can tell you more. Once you get the new pen, get the new drivers and enjoy.

My work: [link]

Thanks
    thanks for the help ---
    i have another question though - if my tablet pc is widescreen, i cant do that ? .. i do have a widescreen Dx

Thanks
    Wacom doesn't make that widescreen technology. You're going to have to call gateway and find out exactly who does. And be warned, i wrote 3 comic strips JUST on my own experiences with the hilariously sad tech support from toshiba and wacom. Get ready for rough waters with gateway.

Once you call the company that makes the tech, you can get the driver from them. Just remember, you probably can't get any nice new pens for your tablet aside from what you already have (ie, only replacements, no upgrades) but i could be wrong.

In any event, the drivers will make the pen work a ton better. if they don't and your machine is new, i would suggest returning it for one supported by wacom. To be honest, tablet PC technology is so young, you have to really shop smart to make this work for artistic usage.

G'luck
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    I have the same exact laptop and I'm having similar concerns.

I tried hooking up my little 4x5 wacom to it and put those drivers on, it worked "okay", but the weird pressure detection and distortion due to the widescreen display made drawing with it very very awkward. If you find out anything about who manufactures the pressure screen please tell us!