Destroyed Moon Settlement
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Destroyed Moon Settlement

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Destroyed Moon Settlement

This is for a side project with a friend at school.

A top secret military instalation on the moon was compromised June 18th, 2034; resulting in a massive self destruction of the moon itself. 'Chunks' of the severed moon eventually fall out of orbit and crash down to earth. Several years later, colonies are formed around the fallen moon pieces. This is one of seven large settlements around San Miliartes, the largest yet only piece to crash into international waters.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The foreground terrain is hard to work out, is that meant to be the shore line? If so it's making the moon piece look quite small. Is that grass or is it a tree line? Perhaps you could add some foreground elements to help frame it and help with the scale. And add some more form to the distant tree's/grass.

Also, it took me a while to even notice that there were buildings on the moon rock because it looks just like moon rock surface texturing. Maybe add more activity around the settlement and make the structures more prominent? Maybe they build structures like ports out of the rock and over the water, for example.

Good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I agree. The depth of this is hard to recognize. I first thought the blue was the sky because that hard line looks more like a ridge. The spacecraft's angle sort of contributes to that effect.

I realize the pieces in the way back are supposed to be diffused by fog, but they need to be punched up just a tad. I barely saw them.

You water effects have a singular directional feel to them. The texture seems to be going upper left, which is messing up your perspective.

I think maybe adding a penisula on one side may clear up some confusion too.

BTW, love the concept, really cool idea!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok cool thanks for the help! I'll work on this a bit and post it up soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, changed some things to make it a bit more readable -- whadya think?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a big improvement. And a nice concept. I have a real problem with the spaceship. Theres some thing you can do. Change the colour of the exhaust as its saturation and hue totally conflict with the colour pallete of the actual environment. Also, make it look like it moving. At the moment its distracting and to be honest, quite annoying.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Niiice, that really reads much better! I love the new detail of the buildings on the island.

See the cool little beach feel you have with the new addition of land on the left? You should probably apply that treatment to the rest of the coastline. It would make it fade better into the water. Right now it's a bit abrupt.

The island looks like it's bulging above the water. This is most likely due to two things: The lack of reflective water over the top of where the island slops into the water and the still too diffused way background.

I disagree about the ships rockets. It's a classic warm/cool scheme seperating your two subjects, very nice.

Again, great concept, keep going!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.