Should I buy Corel Painter 9.5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Should I buy Corel Painter 9.5

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Should I buy Corel Painter 9.5

I was thinking of buying Corel Painter 9.5 for my birthday, cause they have a sale on now for half price at Corel.com. I was wondering if it's a good idea to get it? When I bought my drawing tablet it came with Corel Painter Esstentials 2. I'm not necessarily good with different techniques with natural mediums like paint and stuff and I have not taken an art class or anything. Do you think theres a better drawing program and if I get Corel Painter do you think they would be making number 10 soon?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes get it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you should download the demo first and compare it with Essentials. If there are any features you like about Painter 9.5 then you'll have to weight that towards the cost of the program. You also said you're not that good at painting and haven't taken any classes etc. You may want to take the money and invest in some books or dvds instead.

I know Scott Robertson was a beta tester for Painter Essentials. He's a great artist that could probably create something amazing with just a ketchup packet but Painter Essentials looks like a capable program. Here's a link to a piece he did with it (LINK).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you know what the difference between Painter Essentials 2 and other Painter programs? Is Essentials just have elements of the main Painter programs? I imagine the version I have is pretty old. Do you know how often they make new versions of Painter? Do you think Painter 10 is coming out soon?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Huge difference between any "lite" version of Painter (i.e. Painter Essentials 3) and any full Painter version (i.e. the current, Painter IX.5).

Side-by-side Comparison of Corel Painter Essentials 3 and Corel Painter IX.5

Download the Free Trial Version of Painter IX.5 to See What it Offers

No announcement from Corel yet as to when Painter X will be released.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.