CA in ImagineFX... Again!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 2,265 Times in 736 Posts
    Follows
    Following

CA in ImagineFX... Again!

Just got the new IFX (October), and there's some CA goodies in there, notably the COW getting a mention (congrats Fozzy), and an interview with Andrew Jones plus a tut from him (be still my beating heart). It features quite a few peeps from here in its pages, so I think it deserves another plug. Run forth and buy... (When it reaches the sunny shores of the New World).

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They asked me a few questions and i told about COW and how it evolved etc...i am not sure if they have any images from COW though...but they asked about the poster, maybe that's in there...

I will order this issue then i think

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IFX has been gettng stellar. The Linda Bergkvist issue was awesome. Congrats to Snarfevs for getting in there

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just curious..does IFX have a website, and whats so great about it?

ah pardon my ignorance.. i found the website...

Im just crious about the hype of it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The thumnail of the COW poster is in there, and it mentions Fozzy, Mr Correiro and Mr Dixon in the text. Francis Tsai features in the mag as well.

I don't think it's particularly hyped. It sort of covers the stuff we do here and on a couple of other sites, and allows a lot of people to get their work exposed internationally, so it's worthy of the occasional mention.

Edit: Just noticed a tut from MikeCorreiro in there as well!

Edit V2: AND an Aleksi feature! Will it never cease?

Last edited by Aly Fell; September 1st, 2006 at 06:01 AM.

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man if only they knew about crit week and the way the pros are helping the students around here.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Posh, you're too humble! You didn't mention that you personally offer some very useful tutorial advice in the issue, especially that filter that kills white in images! That little beauty will come in very handy! Good work mate.

BTW, do me a favour and persuade Matt Dixon to make a banner link for his site. He's been a text link for ages now! Hide his pencils or something until he sorts it! I'm counting on you!

PS. Keep an eye on the FXpose section next month...

The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers Dave. Actually I've been using Eliminate White for ages, but just a couple of weeks a go I found another version of it which removes the need to adjust the brightness/contrast to get the line density back, called Remove White. If you're interested it's from here:

LINK

I feel a bit of a traitor to Eliminate White, but hey, it's a dog eat dog world!

And I'll have a word with Matt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all
    I know Iím not a big poster around here but I do visit several times a day .
    I have been doing bits and pieces for the ImagineFX including the comic strip at the back of the mag and a few Q/As. I have an interview and workshop coming soon as well. But my grammar and writing skills are so bad, so forgive me if you read it.

The editorial staff are really nice, myself and John Kearny recently attended a Memorabilia convention as guests of the magazine. We did some live art with Cinteqs on a huge plasma screen, which was very cool. Man those cinteqs are so nice. Itís a shame it wasnít advertised more as ImagineFX had a huge area. We had lots of questions and lots of young kids fascinated by the way we use computers for art. So hopefully we inspired a few kids for the next genaration of digital artists.
    Anyway itís a great magÖ..much more interesting than the usual digital arts magazines.
    Iím looking forward to seeing who is appearing next

www.myspace.com/carterworld

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's an amazing magazine I've read every issue and even got my art to the DVD of one. I might also get some of my work to the new sketchbook feature.

Does anyone know how much it would cost for me to subscribe to it since I live in Finland?

-Juhani

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i gotta get that...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Could you please kindly tell me where you usually buy this magazine, I tried to find it several times and didn't have any luck. I'm in Dallas, Texas. Didn't find in in Barnes@Nobles.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Posh: Thanks again for that Aly, that's even better! Actually, there's me getting you to nag Matt to make a link banner when you don't have one either! When you do, let me know and I'll add you to my site!

LeeCarter: Hi Lee, just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of your art style, it's quite rare for a mag to have a comic strip which I actually like! Keep up the good work mate!

PS. Where can I get one of those tablets that Art Venture has? That looks severely useful!

The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    Congrats to Snarfevs for getting in there
    To this day I am suspecting this was the result of a typographical error...

Love your tutes poshspice, also really dug mandryk's one in that issue with fiduciose on the cover. It's really surreal and awesome to see the fixtures of CA enshrined in a physical, flip-throughable artefact.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKECORRIERO
    They had an Alan Lee interview in that Aug. issue
    equally good prolly!
    love that man's work

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice!

Mike: ImagineFx is up right now! I dunno if you where pointing at the site, or they ordering place, but the main pages is up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MIKECORRIERO and Marko Djurdjevic, i learnt how to spell your names correctly after spending one week shitting myself.

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mike, thank you so much for links.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I gotta keep a look-out on the news stands.... was supposed to be in the next issue...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just Picked up Sept issue(#8) at Borders this last week as I go there a lot and the manager let me set up my laptop and my Wacom to draw and I show off the work shop to the other young artist that come in. He said I help them sell of and I told him I didn't think I did .. this last month i was only in once and they still had 4 issues of the August IXF still in..They normally sell out..I also make sure is in the right place in with the Art mags not hidden in the the gaming mags as who ever is stocking the racks has no clue to what the Magazine is about.

I Lover the Sept Issue and I am looking forward to the Oct and seeing the on the CA and the Sketchbooks series. I like the part 2 on the Figure Drawing by Joel Carlo it was great too and the DVD images are just great.

Was looking into getting a copy if issue #1 as that is the only one i missed but last I saw both 1 and 2 were out of Print...maybe some out here has a 2 issues of #1?

Was at Borders tonight to talk with the manager and to just do some drawing ended up talking to some of the young people there and looking over their art work(many young manga artist there and strangely they all were girls.)

I have a collection of my Pen&Ink with me as well as the digital So I could show them both types of work and pointed them to IXF for more info on learning as one of the girl was really wanting to learn more on Photoshop.

I did not the this issue they were adding to the DVD the fonts and brushes from the past DVDs. which is great for those who missed issues. I note no posted in Sept issue.. I know the May issues hit Borders and they were all missing the poster so i hope this wasn't the same for Sept?

I think i will Subscribe before the end of Sept as the price is down right now to $96 but I wonder if it will go down more if the rate of exchange goes down on there end and dollar is better? Ok wishful thinking..

Nuff said

CC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We had lots of questions and lots of young kids fascinated by the way we use computers for art. So hopefully we inspired a few kids for the next genaration of digital artists.

Hell yeah im 14 I've been drawing since I was like three but have only realised that I could really do this as a job since Weta workshop replyed to an e-mail recomending this site to help me to reach my goal! I was in need of a book to help me aswell and found issue 4 of Imagine FX which was awesome inspiring and had artists i knew like Jason Chan and er wasn't mikemiccero in their too?
    Now at N0 5 I love it, it has really inspired me to keep up my art!
    It's awesome that on this site their are really great artists.
    oh and i have ordered the other issues it's just Newzealand as it seems is a bit behind.......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your comments everyone...
    The amount of talent here is just incredible and we just can't resist featuring artists who frequent these boards.

Android was a brilliant artist to interview - and his workshop in the mag is just amazing. He explains how he constantly strives to find new experiences within his working processes and how the freedom of the unknown has inspired him to take his work to new places. It really is worth a read - one of the most insightful workshops I've read yet.

And Mike, yes the workshop appeared an issue early - a comp copy is in the post (takes a while to hit the US). I'll mail you a PDF if you like - drop me an email and let me know.

Next issue I'm giving in to severe pressure and including issue 1 in PDF form on the DVD, along with all workshop files, so good news I guess for those of you who missed it first time around (issue 1 has recently gone for £101 on eBay - which shocked me somewhat).

Cheers!

Editor
    ImagineFX magazine
    rob@imaginefx.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagineFX
    Next issue I'm giving in to severe pressure and including issue 1 in PDF form on the DVD, along with all workshop files, so good news I guess for those of you who missed it first time around (issue 1 has recently gone for £101 on eBay - which shocked me somewhat).

Cheers!

That will be great as I missed issues one on the stands by one day a PDF version is better than never seeing it. Here in the US we get them in abit of an overlap but I did make good friend with the people running the local Borders Books and Music..

Rob you shouldn't be so surprised about issue one re-selling on Ebay for near $200 US as this is a awesome Magazine and the Content is right the mark.
    BTW the only issue listing now is #6 and I think one poster from issue 1 I am guessing as the only other poster I have not seen is the one from issue #3 as the one Borders got had no posters in any of those that come in.

I shop the magaiznie racks a lot for information on art and tech mags as well but really couldn't find one that wasn't a running ad for Adobe or some other programs that some wanted to spend a few weeks of pay on. I don't mind ads and demo files abut I love

The DVD is there for the workshop and resources that are useful as that is the aim of IFX. the really funny thing is that as i was searching out for forums for Painter I found this site and week later I find IFX as it was pointed out by one of the people working in the coffee shop at the Borders wile i was there drawing. up till now I don't think i seen any zine cover Painter as much as you have. And I think learn more on Photoshop then I did when I was doing betas for it back in college.

Thanks for getting each and ever issur out Rob.. This getting me back into the art I love to do. My wife is like just blow away at how much I have learnt from workshops and just looking at part of the issue. the influence of your magazine and this site has got me wanting get back in the studio and work till I drop again.

Thanks again

CC

sorry for the bad gramer and all Over did the Caffee and have a hang over from it...gee who knew too much coffee could dod that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CCorsair
    I like the part 2 on the Figure Drawing by Joel Carlo it was great too and the DVD images are just great.

CC
    Thanks CC!

Members who have read this thread: 1