Thanks

Question The future for comic books?

Now, that movies can reflect the fantasy (in a more to unreal sense, not a style of art) of the comics with great results, beeing able to make a Hulk movie look just like it was supposed to look in the Comics, my thoughts goes to the next step for comic artists - probably the game industry. While the comics market itself is having a hard time nowadays, the game industry is growing and it definetly needs storytellers and artists from the comics, itīs long development time and itīs need of a good story combined with medium sized budgets makes it a perfect match for the comicīs artists. Perhaps, a merge of the genres is yet to come.

Oh, sorry for the long post, but, what you guys think?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here, take a look at my portfolio
    The coloristīs portifolio!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Phait Guest
    I've never played Max Payne, but I read that it had comic-book elements/panels in the game, inbetween levels I believe, that fleshed out the story.

If you mean more comic book characters coming to games, then the matter of that is game developers would find something with potential - something they can make a great interactive experience out of. We've seen Spiderman, Superman and Hulk video games - and who knows what else. It would be nice to see the lesser known yet fresher and different comics brought to live through games - I'm not big on comics myself (was as a kid_, but I can only think of Witchblade at the moment.

If you mean more video games with a comic book appeal and narrative, I'm sure there'll be a handful eventually that will do this - but it needs to be brought to attention. More games now are telling stories within the game, rather than giving the player a break to read the story after completing a level/area.