The Joy of Dancing

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Joy of Dancing

ok, first post here, and just in time for the crit-week :p
    well, i dug this out again, because i think it could still use a little touch up...
    i'm pretty satisfied with the face, some other parts are still weird though.... :/
    hope to get some help here

comments, critics and mark-ups or paint-overs are highy appreciated... i'm here to improve

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice rendering, but the anatomy looks ah.. uncomfortable. I'll buy that maybe you're going for a certain amount of artistic licence with things like the elongated head and small hands, but what really throws it off for me is the unequal shoulders. Her left shoulder is too high and bunchy... too close to the spine, while her right is too low. Also the twist in her neck looks unnatural, show more of the trapezius insertion on the right side. I'd love to do a line over, but I can't upload from this machine... I hope somebody else will do one for ya, it's so much easier to show than tell.

oh forgot, nice job on the details of her face!

"Change is a virtue my friend... if you want to escape, all you have to do is make up your mind."
    John Cale / Bob Neuwirth

Here be SKETCHIES...

www.ccthrom.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The face looks fine. And the left hand looks really fine (if you ignore the fact that the thumb seems to be missing a part). The right hand and ear looks decent too, I think. Otherwise there are many anatomical issues. It looks like she's got the spine located at the side of her neck, for example, and the left shoulder blade looks weird and incorrectly placed.

I assume you used some kind of reference for the hands and face, but not for the rest, right? Try using a reference for the rest as well, and you will get a much better result.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yep i agree there are some anatomical issues here,the head is definetly misplaced upon the neck and the neck is misplaced upon the rest of the body, just stand in front of a mirror and the pose and you should instantly see what you have to correct

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.